Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The Black Queen / Greg Puciato (solo) / Better Lovers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just received my CD in South Korea. Arrived much faster than I expected.
    Origin Post: US Postal Service, Date of Mailing: 02/23/2016

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've just secured my tickets for NYC. I grabbed 4 as I've got friends who I'll likely be crashing with as I pass through. Now to figure out who's going with me.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I am 0/3

Cant make it to the NYC show because of work and money. Sucks.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just booked 2 tickets for the wife and I to see TBQ. CANNOT WAIT!!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Prior to today I had only listened to a clip of this band but am listening to Fever Daydream now. It's fucking rad.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing8 View Post
    Only reason I ask is because Amazon sent me an email saying that shipping has been delayed, however the new estimated shipping date is basically unknown/we'll email you when it's ready...

I opted to accept the shipping delay, but now I'm a little worried :/
    And just like I thought was bound to happen, Amazon has finally cancelled my order

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    And just like I thought was bound to happen, Amazon has finally cancelled my order
    The linear notes say "First Pressing" hopefully that means it'll be repressed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Sucks. Were you a little late to order from bandcamp? I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do another pressing eventually. Did you get the CD? On their merch it currently says "coming soon" by the CD so you may get the opportunity to own it in a physical medium reasonably soon (though I appreciate that's not really what you wanted)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_Hunter View Post
    Sucks. Were you a little late to order from bandcamp? I wouldn't be at all surprised if they do another pressing eventually. Did you get the CD? On their merch it currently says "coming soon" by the CD so you may get the opportunity to own it in a physical medium reasonably soon (though I appreciate that's not really what you wanted)
    Managed to grab the CD off of Bandcamp but I was just a little too late in getting around to ordering the vinyl. Like RJK said, hopefully they're looking at repressing it sometime in the future.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Found them at reddit and fell in love instantly.
    Great music and i love the 80s vibe.
    It's like when Trent would have stayed in Option 30 and developed his darker side with them

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BDY42rGisaw/

Cat out of the bag a bit early. Lineups and days announced Monday on www.coldwaves.net. Tickets on sale Friday April 1st at www.metrochicago.com

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The Black Queen

Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Wow, Pig? Meat Beat Manifesto? Revolting Cocks? A bunch of old school industrial groups that hardly play live shows? To be honest I don't listen to much of this type of stuff anymore, but this is very enticing.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 03-25-2016 at 09:36 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i've always meant to go to ColdWaves. i'm friends with a bunch of people involved in it. looks like i'll finally be attending this year!

i'm hoping that you can get tickets for separate events and not just for the whole thing.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Yay I can finally get that shirt:

http://krm3.kingsroadmerch.com/the-black-queen/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    sorry if this is a retarded question but what is the deal with the porcelain veins demo in the last email they sent? is this a bonus/unreleased new song?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    sorry if this is a dumb question but what is the deal with the porcelain veins demo in the last email they sent? is this a bonus/unreleased new song?
    porcelain veins is an old song that they demo'd but didn't make it onto the final album. josh has supposedly said no one is ever going to hear it, but that may have been a mislead.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The latest email thus far only seems to provide a limited number of free digital copies of Fever Daydream. I was hoping it was a new track given that I don't recognize those lyrics and the new artwork. So if you already own the album, I wouldn't redeem one of the codes provided. I feel guilty that I did redeem one, but I had no clue what we'd get.
    Last edited by p_rez17; 05-31-2016 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by p_rez17 View Post

The latest email thus far only seems to provide a limited number of free digital copies of Fever Daydream. I was hoping it was a new track given that I don't recognize those lyrics and the new artwork. So if you already own the album, I wouldn't redeem one of the codes provided. I feel guilty that I did redeem one, but I had no clue what we'd get.
    Yeah that was weird and I did the same.

Wish they could be a bit clearer about these things sometimes...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone in here seeing TBQ in NYC this weekend?

(Spoiler: I am!)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I will be seeing them this weekend too. I'm pretty excited.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just got back home from an incredible 24 hours in NYC. Met some amazing people at the TBQ show - including a dude (Barrett) with a 5IN shirt who noticed we had the same wedding band! The set, lighting, everything was so great. Couldn't have agreed more with Greg when he said "I wish we had more songs for you all." Full disclosure: I nearly had a complete breakdown during Apocalypse Morning and was the most powerful musical experience I've ever had. Then when Greg and Steve went berserk on guitars at the end and left to a wall of noise + static visuals mutating into the TBQ logo on the projector, it was surreal.

All 3 dudes were totally, genuinely, stoked and awed by the crowd's reaction to their work, which made it that much more of a magic moment. If you can see this band, do it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Just got back home from an incredible 24 hours in NYC. Met some amazing people at the TBQ show - including a dude (Barrett) with a 5IN shirt who noticed we had the same wedding band! The set, lighting, everything was so great. Couldn't have agreed more with Greg when he said "I wish we had more songs for you all." Full disclosure: I nearly had a complete breakdown during Apocalypse Morning and was the most powerful musical experience I've ever had. Then when Greg and Steve went berserk on guitars at the end and left to a wall of noise + static visuals mutating into the TBQ logo on the projector, it was surreal.

All 3 dudes were totally, genuinely, stoked and awed by the crowd's reaction to their work, which made it that much more of a magic moment. If you can see this band, do it.
    Barrett is Halo 33 on here and I was the guy that was hanging out with him. I thought it might have been you but didn't want to ask!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Yo that's too funny. I was chatting with a NIN fan at a DEP/Deftones show and asked if hes on ETS and I think he thought I was talking about a drug....
    Last edited by the duder; 06-06-2016 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Autocorrect

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Very impressed with the show. And yes, they need to start writing more songs so they can play longer!

Was pretty interesting seeing them not even a month after seeing Dillinger. Boy's got range.
    Last edited by imail724; 06-06-2016 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Met some amazing people at the TBQ show - including a dude (Barrett) with a 5IN shirt who noticed we had the same wedding band!
    Yep. thats me!
    Nice to have met you too man. Hope to see you around again!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Was anyone here able to get either the cassette tape or VHS they had for sale at Rough Trade?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Guess we'll find out on the 22nd.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    New EP (given the Friday date). EP has already been announced by Greg. No info though.

Also new tour dates in North America are being announced soon. Possibly same day.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Come on vancoooooooooouverrrr