Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: nincatalog

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    This is one of my grail items and I really appreciate that you guys have put it up on the site for reference.
    As is mine along with reckless records slimpat. So if you come across either, let me know!
    Here are all the slipmats on the site too: nincatalog.com - items by media package - slipmat

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    As is mine along with reckless records slimpat. So if you come across either, let me know!
    Here are all the slipmats on the site too: nincatalog.com - items by media package - slipmat
    That's funny that you give this link... That's my scan of the Bad Witch sun burst slipmat, lol.

**Edit** and the Chicago slipmat...
    Last edited by nmitchell86; 03-13-2021 at 11:58 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    What is the deal with those signatures?! Regardless, so many new additions! Love it!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    What is the deal with those signatures?! Regardless, so many new additions! Love it!
    I won this on eBay a long while back. I can't remember if the seller was Gregg or if they knew the story and I asked, or maybe it was part of the auction description. This was obviously given to Gregg as a gift but I'm not sure if Trent and Gary signed it and left it for him or if he had them sign it personally. I feel like Gregg was part of the crew for live performances in the UK. Before I won this auction I had never seen a copy of this with the additional sticker or the reaction sheet. To this day I still haven't seen another one. I am sure they are out there though, there is no way this is the only one.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    Before I won this auction I had never seen a copy of this with the additional sticker or the reaction sheet. To this day I still haven't seen another one. I am sure they are out there though, there is no way this is the only one.
    I have a couple which have that extra sticker from Wild on the sleeve. I'd wondered if the 'flat area' on the cover of this one was left behind when the sticker was removed - looks about the right size. I've not seen that hilariously passive aggressive letter before though. I have the corresponding letter for the 9" THTF promo, but missing the ones for Only and - now! - Survivalism.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I propose this for the listing

Quote Originally Posted by listing
    UK promo, includes promo sticker, reaction sheet signed to Gregg from Gary Numan & Trent Reznor someone that isn't Trent Reznor

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I propose this for the listing
    The signature is pretty sloppy but I don't think it's a forgery. I mean it's personalized, what would be the point of faking a signature when it was being given as a thank you gift from the artists to the person they are working with?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know why someone would want to fake a Trent autograph on such a thing, other then to cause more guilt on the person selling the promo if they think it's from Trent directly? But there is just no place on this earth, that would DNA authenticate that as TR's signature. In the 20 years I've been collecting, I've never seen anything that awful be seriously considered real? It's laughable and a insult to our intelligence.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    I don't know why someone would want to fake a Trent autograph on such a thing, other then to cause more guilt on the person selling the promo if they think it's from Trent directly? But there is just no place on this earth, that would DNA authenticate that as TR's signature. In the 20 years I've been collecting, I've never seen anything that awful be seriously considered real? It's laughable and a insult to our intelligence.
    So is the other signature fake too? Serious question.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post

LOL I was thinking it was something only PSA/DNA would claim that's authentic. I have 0.0 trust in half the stuff I've seen from them. Not to get too obsessed with it, but for the sake of keeping nincatalog accurate, the first word is "To", if so just judging by 2 attempts at a capital T it's not TR. Looks like Txxxx Dxxx to me.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    It actually looks like the first letter of the first name is a cursive L, not even a T. I wonder who it's signed by then.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    @spahn seems I gave you bad information on that one, my apologies. No idea who the second signature is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So is the other signature fake too? Serious question.
    After looking over some legit GN autographs, I'd say his too is a forgery. They at least tried on his though.. lol That TR autograph is a abomination. lol

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @spahn seems I gave you bad information on that one, my apologies. No idea who the second signature is.
    No worries. Do we question the legitimacy of the letter as well?
    I've also modified the entry to note the authenticity of the autographs.

Edit#2: If anyone has an extra copy of this item and willing to let it go for a fair price, hit me up to see if i can swing it.
    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by spahn; 03-15-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    No worries. Do we question the legitimacy of the letter as well?
    The letter itself is definitely legit - similar letters were also sent with the THTF and the Only single sided promos. I have a copy of the THTF one - will dig it out and scan it for the catalog sometime soon.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    For the sake of curiosity, is there any picture of genuine TR sign done with pen? Every single one I've seen is done with sharpie

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    My final thought on this is that all of the signatures are legitimate. However Trent did not sign it. The second signature is someone whose last name starts with a D. It could be anyone since this was clearly meant as a thank you gift for this person Gregg for working on live production. I will 100% take responsibility for thinking it was Trent's signature and being incorrect about it. I think when I bought this the seller maybe said it was signed by Trent and I just believed it. However it is definitely someone else who signed it. My apologies for providing incorrect information and creating this debate, but it's awesome that this was pointed out as being incorrect since we want the information on the database to be accurate. How the information is presented on the website is up to you all. I could be wrong and all the signatures are fake but I don't think that's the case. Thanks all involved with the discussion.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I'll also add, that the reason this thread exists is for these healthy discussions. The nincatalog is a site for, run and supported by fans, so the more participation and discussion can be had, the better the site is for it.

Thank you to everyone who continues to submit new entries. I really enjoy looking through them all and adding them as part of the growing database. We're up to approx 1750 entries now!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I gotta be honest, that Numan signature looks pretty different than other examples online as well.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    In an effort to give more light to Printed Artwork that is NOT a tour poster, i have separated all Tour Posters into its own section. nincatalog.com - tour posters
    This will make looking for tour posters easier as well. I am looking to continue to add to both Printed Artwork and Tour Posters in the future so if you have any submissions, please feel free to reach out.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    @spahn Have you guys ever considered adding t-shirts/ merch?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yes, I would like to see that come to light in the future for both t-shirts and merch.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    A long time ago @Leviathant and I put ninshirts.com together as an attempt to do just that. It has mostly languished since then (and apparently is actually down now.. huh), in no small part because we didn't have someone like @spahn providing the great energy and motivation to keeping the content up to date that he brings to nincatalog.com. We could consider merging them, though given that merch tends to have a lot of properties disjoint from band releases, it may make sense to keep them separate as related sites. Or, like, have merch.nincatalog.com which then points to the other site.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    If I was in my 20s still, I'd be poring over Worthpoint, extracting photos of NIN shirts and cataloging them on ninshirts.com

I'm 41 though, and have a trello board for my personal life, and I still don't feel like I'm keeping up.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    If I was in my 20s still, I'd be poring over Worthpoint, extracting photos of NIN shirts and cataloging them on ninshirts.com

I'm 41 though, and have a trello board for my personal life, and I still don't feel like I'm keeping up.
    Cataloguing NIN shirts sounds like the perfect cure for a mid-life crisis!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    A long time ago @Leviathant and I put ninshirts.com together as an attempt to do just that. It has mostly languished since then (and apparently is actually down now.. huh), in no small part because we didn't have someone like @spahn providing the great energy and motivation to keeping the content up to date that he brings to nincatalog.com. We could consider merging them, though given that merch tends to have a lot of properties disjoint from band releases, it may make sense to keep them separate as related sites. Or, like, have merch.nincatalog.com which then points to the other site.
    @bgalbraith There's that kid on IG https://www.instagram.com/nin_shirts/?hl=en nin_shirts. Maybe if he is down for the cause, between what he has (which is more recent shirts) and what you have in your old site maybe a joint image dump is the way to get started? I mean it is the nin catalog and it basically has everything but shirts. @spahn , you put up the pins and buttons section and there is even the bootleg section. Anyways, just throwing ideas out there.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    There is a NIN tumblr page that has more press photos that could be added to the site:

https://nincentral.tumblr.com/post/124791678390
    https://nincentral.tumblr.com/post/68617161861

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    @bgalbraith There's that kid on IG https://www.instagram.com/nin_shirts/?hl=en nin_shirts. Maybe if he is down for the cause, between what he has (which is more recent shirts) and what you have in your old site maybe a joint image dump is the way to get started? I mean it is the nin catalog and it basically has everything but shirts. @spahn , you put up the pins and buttons section and there is even the bootleg section. Anyways, just throwing ideas out there.
    That IG kid is our very own @REPLICA ! :-)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    That IG kid is our very own @REPLICA ! :-)
    I didn't realize he was on here. I love it when I find people on the other sites like IG or reddit here on ets.