Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Hope it isn't too off topic, but I did a thing and built a little record cabinet for my girlfriend and I's record collection.

Note: Yes there's bracing underneath, the legs are attached to the bracing itself and YES i'm going to get those speakers off the ground. I'm probably gonna make a pair of matching speaker stands this weekend for them.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 01-16-2020 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

A post shared by on

Hope it isn't too off topic, but I did a thing and built a little record cabinet for my girlfriend and I's record collection.

Note: Yes there's bracing underneath, the legs are attached to the bracing itself and YES i'm going to get those speakers off the ground. I'm probably gonna make a pair of matching speaker stands this weekend for them.

As on-topic as you can get. Looks beautiful.

Do you have something on the bottom of the metal legs to prevent scratching the floor? I have carpet so I'm ignorant to the hardwood situation.

As for speakers, those look wall-mountable. If they're too heavy though, I totally understand. I'm running 2 sony ss f100's & 2 vintage akai sw 120a's - I just keep them on the floor because they're giant.

https://imgur.com/a/ef3Rqpm

I got the record cabinet free locally off marketplace. They said the door didn't shut, they just didn't know how to fix the bracket. I've been working on painting a 4-tier cabinet I got for free too, I just need to figure out where I'm going to put it before I get it back together. Which I'm sick of doing.

The pic here of the 4 shelf cab is from the marketplace ad so it's not mine and terrible quality. Apologies.
    https://imgur.com/a/iNukTYS

I'm about to toss it because I'm sick of working on it. The shelves are 13 tall x 13 deep. Need a shelf? lol

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post

Looks great! I like the dark stain coupled with your wood floor pattern... lighter color crate that blends and an even lighter seating sack... green end table, faucet/tap... Everything works together to be country kitsch without being gaudy in the least. Mama didn't raise no fool.

My purchases today:

David Bowie // Blue Jean (Extended Dance Mix) (Single) [US, 1984, V-7838-1/2] - both hype stickers
    Miles Davis // The Man With The Horn [US, 1981, FC 36790] - with original 1980 advert sleeve; first piece of 80's Miles
    King Crimson // Larks' Tongues In Aspic [US, 1973, SD 7263] - Richmond, Indiana (RI) pressing; labels end in "RI"
    Tangerine Dream // Stratosfear [US, 1976, PZ 344277] - first gatefold US pressing
    Last edited by Jon; 01-17-2020 at 03:28 AM. Reason: numbaz