Thread: The Introvert Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I'm an INTJ and when I found that out everything made more sense.
    So's my roommate.

I'm an ISFP. Over the years, I have actually learned that I need less introvert time than I thought I did, but it is still vital to my well-being. The key is balancing it with being social. If I get too much of the former without the latter it eventually stops being beneficial and I just lose track of my free time and go back to work more stressed.

THIS is the best article on introverts I've ever read. I think @ad infinitum was the one who introduced me to it.

Also, a quote I saw the other day:

"Socializing is as exhausting as giving blood. People assume we loners are misanthropes just sitting thinking, ‘Oh, people are such a bunch of assholes,’ but it’s really not like that. We just have a smaller tolerance for what it takes to be with others. It means having to perform. I get so tired of communicating."
    Anneli Rufus

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    THIS is the best article on introverts I've ever read. I think @ad infinitum was the one who introduced me to it.
    I loved this article so much, I sent it to my partner, to which she said: "That's all bullshit though, and you're not even an introvert."
    Me: "Do you even know what an introvert is?"
    Her: "..."

Think it's time to move on...
    Last edited by Beef of the Sea; 07-11-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yes, I'd be looking to move on too if my man was looking up these articles and showing them to me too.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    Yes, I'd be looking to move on too if my man was looking up these articles and showing them to me too.
    I'm curious as to what antagonizes you so about this thread...

Moving on, I think karaoke helps me. Get the fuck up on stage and perform, have some fun and don't mind that people are watching you!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Moving on, I think karaoke helps me. Get the fuck up on stage and perform, have some fun and don't mind that people are watching you!
    I'm pretty sure that's alcohol that helps you.