Thread: The Downward Spiral - 30th Anniversary

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    lol

Fond memories of loading NIN MIDIs into Doom. Last worked well

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    TDS will be the record of the month for April on the Interscope Vinyl Collective

https://interscope.com/pages/intersc...nyl-collective

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    TDS will be the record of the month for April on the Interscope Vinyl Collective

https://interscope.com/pages/intersc...nyl-collective
    FYI: February's release was Blink 182 s/t limited to 3,000 and sold out in a day. So if you want this get on it when it goes live April 1.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    FYI: February's release was Blink 182 s/t limited to 3,000 and sold out in a day. So if you want this get on it when it goes live April 1.
    Can you buy them without being a part of the membership subscription service?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    You can opt for monthly billing but I think you have to remember to cancel. A 3-month sub locks you in at a lower price but you agree to buy the next 3 releases: TDS (april), Slim Shady LP (may), and Helmet - Betty (june). In each case you probably have to manually cancel before it bills you for the next cycle.
    Last edited by cdm; 03-21-2024 at 09:13 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    yeah that's where I was hung up as well. I have to be a member of your service to have the chance to not buy the records? "Everything is a subscription" needs to fucking end. This is like your local record store having a cover charge to get in.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    yeah that's where I was hung up as well. I have to be a member of your service to have the chance to not buy the records? "Everything is a subscription" needs to fucking end. This is like your local record store having a cover charge to get in.
    Looking through it - it seems it's for members only.

Get an exclusive album every month
    Each month you will receive a specially created package containing a limited edition record available only to IVC members.

Flexible subscriptions
    Sign up for a monthly subscription to get your hands on a coveted release or easily cancel at anytime.

It's also a bummer to see this:

What countries do Subscription products ship to?
    Subscription products currently only ship within the U.S.

Would love to snag a copy! but would need to depend on someone else having a membership that doesn't actually want this one.
    Been a while since I've dabbled in this game - but has anyone ever used those re-shipping services? So I could have a US mailbox, that'll redirect to my Canadian address?
    Last edited by Callahan; 03-21-2024 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It’s a monthly vinyl subscription. If you’re subscribed, they ship you a new record every month (similarly to what companies like Vinyl Me Please do). If you only want one record, subscribe for just that month and then cancel. It’s super easy.

All this being said, it looks like the only real difference between this and the DE release is that this comes with a lithograph insert.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    All this being said, it looks like the only real difference between this and the DE release is that this comes with a lithograph insert.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The downward spiral instrumental (almost)

This is something I have saved from trent_reznor official account back in the day on remix.nin.com. In case anyone missed it.

THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL INSTRUMENTAL (ALMOST)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Still one of the scariest albums I’ve ever heard, and I’m not even talking about the lyrical content … the production is haunting and stays with you. A powerful record and changed my trajectory for how I absorbed and thought about listening to albums.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avarik View Post
    This is something I have saved from trent_reznor official account back in the day on remix.nin.com. In case anyone missed it.

THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL INSTRUMENTAL (ALMOST)
    These should also be on Archive, FYI. The entirety of the remix.nin.com database was dumped there afaik.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    These should also be on Archive, FYI. The entirety of the remix.nin.com database was dumped there afaik.
    That's where I got them 4 years ago....
    Really surprised to see Deep, Dead Souls and The Perfect Drug available with them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Avarik,many thanks and best wishes for the downloads.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Only interested in TR official remixes, did I miss any?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    All these anniversaries surrounding a lot of great things that occurred in 1994, which happened to be my senior year in college. It was a pretty cool time to be in your 20s…As for TDS, beyond the obvious power of the album, I remember the night some friends and I went to the local Wherehouse Records Store to buy tickets to the Self Destruct club tour in Claremont, CA. We spent the night and just had a good time drinking, tossing around a football and talking. When a manager came to set up for the morning crowd, he chatted us up to see who we were waiting on and went into his office. However, as he went in, he forgot his large set of store keys that were still in the outside keyhole. I made sure to get his attention and he got his keys. The look of fear and gratitude made me feel bad for the guy. As dawn came, we noticed another line forming (all night, we were the only group of about 5 waiting). It was odd because they were standing in a different area… soon, that line had grown to 200+. Turns out the same day NIN tickets were on sale, the fucking Eagles “Hell Freezes Over” reunion tour was going on sale. As the manager’s assistant came and tried to maintain order, he initially told us few who were there ALL NIGHT that we’d have to wait until the Eagles fans got their tix before we would get to buy our NIN tix. As you can imagine, we were all fucking pissed and upset that we were going to get screwed over like that. However, the manager that I helped get his store keys earlier that morning told the other staffer to let us buy our tix on the condition that I went in with all our money and purchased them for my group. In the end, we got the tickets to the 4-27-94 show at the Hollywood Palace, which would be the first of countless NIN shows I’d attend throughout my adult life. Just one of many good memories I’ve had over the years, involving NIN.
    Last edited by Ruined; 03-30-2024 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    If anyone is interested in the Interscope Vinyl Collective edition, it’s available now. The only difference between this and the definitive edition appears to be that it comes with a lithograph and is likely individually numbered on the back. Also, I can confirm that shipping is included in the price.

https://interscope.com/collections/v...al-ivc-edition

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Posted over at the Disocrd:

Want to get your hands on some exclusive NIN merch?
    If you subscribe to Interscope’s Vinyl Collective on Interscope.com, you can buy this special edition tee and hoodie.

This special edition Nine Inch Nails merch was created to celebrate the 30th anniversary of The Downward Spiral. Featuring a previously unreleased image of Trent Reznor taken by photographer Jonathan Rach in 1994, these items are limited to 500 tees and 100 hoodies worldwide. Each tee and hoodie feature an individually numbered hang tag. It is available exclusively to Interscope Vinyl Collective members.

Find the collection here.
    https://interscope.com/pages/ivc-exclusives