Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP - new album out 6/22/2018

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    God, I cannot fucking wait until we're actually talking about the music.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    @neorev - Right. The point is he's doing it his way with the mindset that he knows people will "do what they always do and bitch about it". It may not be convenient for you, but that's not the point. This is how he's choosing to present his art... primarily in the physical form. Other than fulfilling the prophesy, what's the point of bitching about it?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Well, that is easy to say, but we will have to see if any of the 24 bit/lossless stores will be selling it. The major ones: HDTracks, ProStudioMasters, Bleep, and Qobuz don't have any of the newer releases. If Trent doesn't distribute to lossless digital music stores, as I pointed out, I'm stuck with lossy stores or buying the vinyl or sadly having to steal it. It just seems odd for someone who cares about audio quality to only distribute his newer music to lossy digital music stores. Last release was Hesitation Marks to go up on HDTracks in 24 bit.
    So buy the CD and rip it to 24 bit/lossless. Probably cheaper than what nin.com would charge for a lossless download anyway.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Because I can voice my opinion, welcome to the world of online forums and communities where bitching and discussions have been going strong for nearly 50 years. If you're gonna be like that, then why are you even bothering to respond to me? Trent is the one who was always trying to figure out the music listening landscape, pushing things into the future, and finding new avenues to deliver music. Well, here's a portion of his fans with an opinion about how they're being left out. Take note. We're giving you free information into how we feel and how we experience music. It's 2018. But these stances of his seem to be taking music backwards not forwards.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    So buy the CD and rip it to 24 bit/lossless. Probably cheaper than what nin.com would charge for a lossless download anyway.
    I can't tell if you're being serious or snarky...

Last I check, CD is 16 bit/44khz, not 24 bit.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I can't tell if you're being serious or snarky...

Last I check, CD is 16 bit/44khz, not 24 bit.
    O my b

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    So buy the CD and rip it to 24 bit/lossless.
    To be fair, you can't exactly do that. CD quality is usually 16 bit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @imail724 All good man. Hence my frustration. I'd love a CD option on the site with included 24 bit like Bleep and Bandcamp do with their orders. I'll gladly pay $20 + shipping for the CD or physical component with a 24 bit download. That I can work with.

Anyway, whatever, I said my piece. End of arguing. Can't wait for Bad Bitch y'all!
    Last edited by neorev; 05-12-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Every time I read Bad Bitch I just think of Strobe Light.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Every time I read Bad Bitch I just think of Strobe Light.
    Been waiting since the announcement for someone to Photoshop bad bitch onto the strobe light album cover

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by becomingtom View Post
    So Kraw said on Instagram that he didn’t do the artwork this time around
    Indeed. Apparently he’s getting a bunch of questions...

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    So, who did?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bad Witch LP - new album out 6/22/2018

Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    So, who did?
    I posted this way up the thread:

Edit: Hmm, weird, I posted a screenshot but this got edited (I guess by a mod) to include a link to the tweet. Interesting. Should have done that in the first place.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 05-13-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    I posted this way up the thread:

Art direction: Office of Hassan Rahim
    Design: J.S. Aurelius and Travis Brothers
    I knew it. This is exactly who I thought of when I first saw the artwork. H.R. worked on Marilyn Manson’s The Pale Emperor.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I personally believe this essay might be very pertinent in understanding the upcoming record, and I'll be mightily surprised if I'm wrong at this point...

I'm excited about how this upcoming entry could give even more context to the previous two EPs.
    Last edited by joplinpicasso; 05-12-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    Trent liked his post, so I'm guessing there's not any bad blood between them.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Trent liked his post, so I'm guessing there's not any bad blood between them.
    Yeah, I don’t see any reason to think otherwise. Probably a scheduling conflict. TR and AR are obviously busy and I know Kraw works with several people.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I'd love a CD option on the site with included 24 bit like Bleep and Bandcamp do with their orders. I'll gladly pay $20 + shipping for the CD or physical component with a 24 bit download. That I can work with.
    Unless a separate 24-bit option becomes available, I'd say just buy the CD and steal the 24-bit download, and Trent would probably be fine with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone noticed what looks like an animal on the back of the cover? It looks like an ape

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    the back cover makes me think of cellular automata. Or cell cultures.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    These are without a doubt the most intriguing track titles from NIN ever.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    This is certainly a mind blower.
    Great unexpected title name.
    Great artwork - very similar to NTAE at the beginning. B&W again and dirtiness.
    It turns out it's not that white, but a little grey. I thought we would have a more blue color thing in this one.
    I think no matter what, no fan could come up with something as great as this artwork.

The LP instead of EP was, perhaps the lie. But a lie for the better. The longer, the better.
    Recoil's subHuman is a 7 track 62 minute album. Only 7 tracks. No 7 minutes of loops.

I guess they have made something along the lines of 37 minutes or so - that is enough for an album really.
    That would be perhaps a little shorter than The Slip. But you bet you can expect some crazy shit on this.
    I mean, hidden tracks perhaps... We can only see 6 listed. But what if we have 2 hidden tracks?
    And what if we've got 2 songs in one song title/song number?

Suppose "Over and Out" is actually two songs. Over (a part I) and Out (A part II). And each of them are 4 minutes each...
    I'm really looking forward to this.

I just don't see much connection anymore as a trilogy.
    Much has been said about Add Violence back cover and now what? What did that mean?

Can't wait for it. Can't wait.
    Will get the CD from Amazon.

I'm using the artwork as my WhatsApp picture, everybody is saying "OH WHAT THE FUCK is this dude? Looks so weird and eye catchy".
    One dude asked if that first block was an anus. I sang "I DO NOT WANT THIS" to be, but who knows... The thing starts with song "Shit..something".
    I'm having so much fun... I thank destiny this band exists.
    Last edited by Quantum550; 05-13-2018 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Man, remember when a bunch of people were cutting apart their Tool albums trying to find the "real" album ? Because Tool put a bunch of cut along lines on the art specifically to fuck with those exact people? These threads remind me of that every time I come in here.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I checked out the CD details on my preorder and it seems like this is a null corporation thing, no Capitol Records involvement. Makes me think there is nothing really marketable about it unless they’re mentioned somewhere else

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Bad Witch and Luke Cage Season 2 come out on the same exact day. My body is not ready.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I checked out the CD details on my preorder and it seems like this is a null corporation thing, no Capitol Records involvement. Makes me think there is nothing really marketable about it unless they’re mentioned somewhere else
    Universal Records in Canada according to my Amazon.ca order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Where the hell is the single???

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

P.S.
    If he cared so much about one taking in his amazing and gorgeous artwork while listening to his record, why did he release The Fragile: Deviations 1 all plain and bareboned with barely any art meanwhile he gave the digital copy fuck loads of artwork?

You see? His stance versus actions make no sense.
    How does your logic works ? With what you say I've got more the impression that it's on purpose. He says look at the artwork, and he gives a fuck load even for a digital version.

Makes perfect sense.

We got 1 album where there's this unclear blank canvas thing going on. Seems intentional. Or one misstep. But the bland cover art was carefully chosen, so that might be completely intentional.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Man, remember when a bunch of people were cutting apart their Tool albums trying to find the "real" album ? Because Tool put a bunch of cut along lines on the art specifically to fuck with those exact people? These threads remind me of that every time I come in here.
    Like the time they came up with the Holy Gift claiming it was the correct track order for Lateralus due to Fibonacci Sequence but it splits up disposition/reflection/triad and the band has said nope not correct but some still claim it's the right order? Or the time they took Viginti Tres, added Wings for Marie at the end and mixed it together with 10000 days because the two parts when added together have the same run time as 10000 days heralding it as the greatest hidden track of all time?
    Last edited by Zazzaro703; 05-13-2018 at 08:57 AM.