Page 20 of 61 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Puscifer

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
    Can you go any lower in price?
    Yeah, really. I know these are low quantity items but that price is hella inflated considering you were able to find 3 copies for 18.99.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    besides, somebody else could have easily bought them at the 18.99 price if you hadn't bought them up. cut the folks some slack, bro.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It seems every time I post about selling something on here there are always a few people who try and bitch about the price I am charging. Just because my price is too steep for your broke asses doesn't mean that someone else can't afford it. I am not going overboard, I just look at Market price and try to sell it. I got kids to feed man! Me making a few extra bucks from slinging vinyls, and most using it to buy more vinyls, shouldn't bother anyone. If you know of a better price just go buy it there and please spare me the bitching! In closing, I am going to go listen to my vinyl and go to sleep!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I already have a copy. sell it for what you like; but it would have been different if you hadn't bought up all the ones you could just to resell them. you denied people the option of getting it at the starting price. if you've got kids to feed, get a job. or better yet, have fewer kids.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY View Post
    Me making a few extra bucks from slinging vinyls, and most using it to buy more vinyls, shouldn't bother anyone. If you know of a better price just go buy it there and please spare me the bitching! In closing, I am going to go listen to my vinyl and go to sleep!
    I hate to be that guy, buy the plural of vinyl has no s. It is like moose or deer. The singular is also the plural. If you want something with an s, go for "records."
    Back to your price debate...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I am not going to get into a pissing match about this but I must defend myself. I buy VINYL (thanks to THAT GUY) all the time at inflated prices because I didn't catch it when I should have. When I do so I look around at various places and try and get the best price! In this case my auction started fairly low compared to what they have been selling for! It was so reasonable that SOMEONE bought it! OMG!!!!! Seriously, Its not like I just walked down the street and bought them either. I drove to 3 different locations all over the metroplex and probably spent $20 in gas doing so (not to mention the cheeseburger and fries I bought to sustain living that day). I may have paid $18.99 plus tax at the store but I still had other cost in acquiring the item. This is what some scholarly folks would call "BASIC ECONOMICS". I understand that limited edition items are going to go up in price! Why can't you? I would LOVE to have one of the limited edition Coachella V is for Vagina but I am not writing letters to people on ebay until they mark it down for me. I am just sitting around waiting for one that is in my price range. Why not try that?
    Last edited by SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY; 01-17-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    You're a cool guy and I'm not knocking you but you pretty much stated yourself that you bought them to make money off of. You sugar coated it but you purposely bought additional copies to make a profit of yourself by driving out of the way just to obtain to sell them at higher prices to recoup your losses. if you wanted to preserve the band's music in the special limited edition form, sell them to friends or actual fans of the bands to listen and enjoy. I bet most of the asswipe sellers that sell limited edition things on eBay buy in bulk with no intent to enjoy the item but to make profit for the sheer inflation aspects of the pricing.

I can afford your price and I love the band and I realize it is a limited edition run but I can't justify spending over twice the amount a few months later just because it's "limited edition."

By the way, the sour attitudes are high because this is a music enthusiast and lovers forum. They want to listen, share and enjoy. If you want to sell your items to members here (assuming why you posted the link to the auctions here in the first place) I don't see why charging the cost to buy them originally wouldn't be out of the question. I would if I bought them and intended to sell them here, preferably. To me it's about the music and to share. You'll make off on shipping anyways if you agree on a base price a little over to help with costs. Hell, even 5 bucks more for the item is fine by me. Double the price? Not so much.

Not an attack, just my two cents.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    I am not going to get into a pissing match about this but I must defend myself. I buy VINYL (thanks to THAT GUY) all the time at inflated prices because I didn't catch it when I should have. When I do so I look around at various places and try and get the best price! In this case my auction started fairly low compared to what they have been selling for! It was so reasonable that SOMEONE bought it! OMG!!!!! Seriously, Its not like I just walked down the street and bought them either. I drove to 3 different locations all over the metroplex and probably spent $20 in gas doing so (not to mention the cheeseburger and fries I bought to sustain living that day). I may have paid $18.99 plus tax at the store but I still had other cost in acquiring the item. This is what some scholarly folks would call "BASIC ECONOMICS". I understand that limited edition items are going to go up in price! Why can't you? I would LOVE to have one of the limited edition Coachella V is for Vagina but I am not writing letters to people on ebay until they mark it down for me. I am just sitting around waiting for one that is in my price range. Why not try that?
    For the record, while I understand the economics of limited quantity releases, I've always had a very strict anti-scalping stance when it comes to ticket sales on this board. There's an increasingly grey area in respect to the marketplace area of the forum, where older NIN & related stuff is offered up for sale at prices that are obviously multiples of the original cost. But I don't think I've ever seen anyone on ETS buy multiple copies of a new release and try to sell them within this community for much more than face value + shipping, particularly when there are people who specifically asked for other members of the forum fortunate enough to get extra copies if they would help get copies where they're harder to find.

Personally, I find it a little bit distasteful, but that's just my own view on pricing things out. I'm the guy who spends a lot of money on hard to find stuff so that I can share it freely on the internet. And even the rarest stuff I've found, when I resell it, I don't sell it for a dime more than I paid for it. But then everyone's in different situations, financially, and I'm lucky that I can make the decisions that I make, in that regard. It doesn't make me a better person, it's just different. When I do want to sell something at a price that 'the market' supports, I put it up on eBay for $0.99 and let it do whatever it wants. I've definitely bought music equipment cheap and sold for a profit... but never to friends. Friends get it for less than I paid for it.

Ultimately, I think that the topic of your extra copies that you were selling at extra markup should just be dropped - that is to say, don't really bring that up here. Sell them elsewhere, and don't mention it on ETS, or just deal privately here. That way you don't need to justify yourself. I know you were excited when you found copies that you had trouble finding before, and glad to have found the opportunity you did. Some people didn't take well to that, and it's not the end of the world, but here we are.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I like your respectful way of disagreeing Levi! I share TONS of rare things and as you said, I do sell things for profit but just not to my friends. I will hook them up! That being said, I don't know anyone on this forum in real life! Most recently I have shared an entire Ohgr show that was uncirculated that I filmed FOR FREE! People even offered me money for it but I wouldn't do some shit like that! I am not bullshitting when I say that I have followed links from this very site and bought items for, *gasp*, more than retail price. Unless someone wants to sell me their copy of "The Fragile" vinyl for face value It would probably be a good idea to shut the fuck up! I will GLADLY send you an mp3 copy for those who don't have one!

Moving on, I love the banter on "8-Ball". It really makes the release. I've seen Puscifer 3 times but never the country set. I wish I had but I can see how it would be disappointing if that was the only time.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It's hardly relevant to reference an item that's been out of print for 13 years as an equivalent.

That said, I think you'll find that people here will look out for you about as well as you look out for them. I've made many "friendly" transactions with people on this forum prior to meeting any of them. Oddly enough, I've gone on to have real world friendships with many of these people, but whatever works for you bro.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I would LOVE to have one of the limited edition Coachella V is for Vagina
    Would you like to buy mine for a hundred bucks?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    While I respect what you are asking for V is for... I can have seen a few copies around for around $60 so I'm gonna have to pass. Thanks for offering! I've got the HTDA - Keep it Together promo for trade if anyone is interested.

So about that banter on 8 Ball???

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    @SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY, really? I don't post a whole lot here but I thought Leviathant, was more than respectful to you and gave his honest opinion (I know he does not need me to defend him). To compare an 8-ball vinyl to a fragile is stupid at best, to follow it up with "shut the fuck up", then to follow that with "how about the banter". Is this your new marketing ploy?
    Congratulations you've just won the asshole post of the day award.
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 01-18-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @SIR.LONDONCLEANLILY - Sir, kindly exit the thread now. You're making an inter webs scene.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Banter on 8 Ball anyone? Silly? Thought provoking? Both? Jesus turning aquafina into wine? eh?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone send me the mp3 for 8 ball?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Anybody that missed 8 Ball Bail Bonds it is up on Puscifer.com now.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Haha, annnnnnnd everyone who is selling them as a rare item officially hates Maynard

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I have mentioned a few times that the edition was 3,500, which is huge for a limited vinyl release. I knew they would flood the market at some point.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    yeah; good luck trying to make a quick dollar off of those oh-so-limited vinyls now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Glad they're up on the official website!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is pure classic....
    A Bohemian Rhapsody ala PUSCIFER (HD)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I love everything about that video.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    by the way, who is acting in that vid?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    "Starring Dina Martina, Laura Milligan, Carina Round, Dan Burns, MJ Keenan."

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Does anyone have an audio rip of the video version of "Conditions Of My Parole" that doesn't bleep out the "tries to f**king eat me" line that I can replace my usual mp3 with?

I don't like that bleep.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Does anyone have an audio rip of the video version of "Conditions Of My Parole" that doesn't bleep out the "tries to f**king eat me" line that I can replace my usual mp3 with?

I don't like that bleep.
    I was walking to work the other day with my ipod on shuffle as I always have it, and a live version of this song came on. I want to say it was from the "What Is..." live recording, but I can't confirm that. Either way, it was a professional recording of this song - and he said "tries to Effin' eat me" and I was really shocked... I was like, Maynard has so censor himself now in his songs? That's not the Maynard I know... I'd be curious to know why he censors this part out. It makes me believe there is no uncensored studio version and the beep is put in there on purpose.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of reason behind censoring the F word on this song?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I was walking to work the other day with my ipod on shuffle as I always have it, and a live version of this song came on. I want to say it was from the "What Is..." live recording, but I can't confirm that. Either way, it was a professional recording of this song - and he said "tries to Effin' eat me" and I was really shocked... I was like, Maynard has so censor himself now in his songs? That's not the Maynard I know... I'd be curious to know why he censors this part out. It makes me believe there is no uncensored studio version and the beep is put in there on purpose.

Does anyone know if there is some sort of reason behind censoring the F word on this song?
    If memory serves correctly, there is a video version of the song that doesn't bleep it (can't remember if it's the Director's Cut or not).

Also, the remix of it on the All Remixed Up CD doesn't have it bleeped either.

I'm after an audio rip of the aforementioned video.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

Probably a message relating to being on parole, watching his language because of said parole or just censoring it for the fun of it. It could mean 1 out of 1000 things. Who knows?