Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Boys

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Imo the best part about this show is the satirical aspect of it. How they mock media, society in general, corporations, the social justice movement, politics, etc. is far more funny and interesting to me than the narrative of who killed whom and who did what to blah. That's also why the ultra violence doesn't add anything to the whole thing for me. I think I know why they chose to do it that way, but it wasn't necessary in my opinion. They should stick to using it far less. That way it would mean even more.

Still the best performance is by Antony Starr as Homelander. He's fucking terrifying.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    He really is. It's so unsettling and that's what I love most about his portrayal lol. IRL he seems like a no nonsense, save your bullshit kinda dude too haha. A few weeks back the cast did a quick 'wear a mask' video and it went from cast member to cast member, giving their little bit of 'do yourself a favor and help others, wear a mask' etc etc and when it got to Antony it was literally like a 4 sec clip of him in a mask...you coul barely tell it was him if you didn't look closely. 'Wear a fucking mask.' *cue next clip* I lol'ed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Amazon orders a spin off series of The Boys about a superhero college...

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...o-hit-the-boys

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    S2 opens up, right? because we just watched ep2 and it's way too cerebral for what S1 was.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    S2 opens up, right? because we just watched ep2 and it's way too cerebral for what S1 was.
    Season 2 is fucking great so far. Especially with the plot twist they just revealed at the end of this week's episode.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    This week’s episode was intense. Season 2 has been fantastic so far.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Loving season 2

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    got it. I heard from one other place that ep3 is where the season starts so this is good to hear.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    got it. I heard from one other place that ep3 is where the season starts so this is good to hear.
    For me, the season was poppin' off right away. But I will say where the show is at now, I am almost giddy with anticipation to see what is happening unfold. The show has really set itself up for a banger of a storyline and the lady from You're The Worst playing Storm Front gives almost just as unsettling of a performance as Homelander.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Season 2 started off good from the get go

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    That was quite an ending to this week's episode.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    That was quite an ending to this week's episode.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    so you know it isn't...what's her face (are we doing spoilers?) because that's not in the powerset. So there's a yet-to-be and they're saving it for the final episode? I say it's Edgar, if only because he's an unknown but he's also the one who knows everything and what's her face seems to trust him for some reason. and he's the reason she's in the Seven so he knows something.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    It'll probably be the same person who blew the head off that FBI agent when the Boys were talking to her.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah, and I realized who it is while trying to fall asleep last night. Spoiler: The one test subject that Iceman said "hey, I brought you extra mac and cheese, we're cool" to and she's like "I don't like you" and exploded everyone. they made a point of her getting a ride at the end there for some reason, let's see what it is.

Isn't it weird how the Aryan people are never the blond/blue that they profess to love? is it all self-loathing? And I realize this is breaching into real-world thoughts here but it's always portrayed that way in the fake worlds of television/movies and yet it's also the same way in the real world when you take a good look at them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    yeah, and I realized who it is while trying to fall asleep last night. Spoiler: The one test subject that Iceman said "hey, I brought you extra mac and cheese, we're cool" to and she's like "I don't like you" and exploded everyone. they made a point of her getting a ride at the end there for some reason, let's see what it is.
    Definitely not her. It's someone working directly for Vought or that church.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Could be, could be. saw an interview where it could be Edgar even.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I found this development to be rather silly tbh. Yet another show trying to do its version of the Red Wedding.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Unsure what that was about at all. Noir can't be out, that's just not cool.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    love the fake AOC angle! What a season! What a finale! This show REALLY upped the ante with the second season.

"Girls really do get it done!" - dead

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "That's hurtful."
    Last edited by neorev; 10-10-2020 at 06:01 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    An amazing first season and a just as amazing second season. That is a pretty difficult feat after such a great first season, but The Boys pulled it off.

Still crazy to know the V test subject(s) still roaming free.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Started season one this morning. Absolutely loving it so far.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    so, this is something I read a year ago and it gave me severe deja vu watching the last episode because I was like "why do I know what this is?"

Spoiler: There was ONE SCENE that Amazon said F**K NO, you have to cut. I couldn't quite understand why considering everything else we have in the show, but: Homelander, after being dressed down by Stilwell in episode 2, was standing on one of the Chrysler building Eagles. He pulled his pants down and started jerking off, mumbling "I can do whatever I want" over and over again until he climaxed all over New York City. We shot it! Oh my God, Anthony was the BEST in that scene. Amazon seemed to think it wasn't necessary. I thought it told me something about his psyche. To be clear, they've been great, that may have been the ONLY fight I lost in Season 1.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    On episode 6, season 1 and I am completely hooked... What a show.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit Spoiler: all of their heads are fucking gone

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    June 3, 2022

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Anyone caught the first 3 episodes of S3 yet? Some absolutely off the scale shit going down - as dark, twisted & graphic as ever.