Thread: Trilogy themes/story ideas.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I like your explorations. I don’t necessarily see it all the same way, but I appreciate that you are asking questions and looking for meaning in this fantastic trilogy.

I won’t pretend to know the answers or understand it all, but I would argue that Trent doesn’t fully know either.

Art comes from our conscious AND subconscious minds. The latter inevitably subverts our ability to ever fully explain even our own intentions.

I see this “story” as related pieces of a whole, but not the whole story. They share feelings themes but I don’t expect that they are a linear story at all. It seems to me the three parts actually use somewhat different metaphors to explain the thoughts and feelings that went into this.

We see themes about dreams, simulation, sleep and waking, God and absence of God, hope and longing and contempt and loathing.

I think the search for a cohesive narrative will disappoint, but the search for cohesive meaning will bear fruit.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yeah, I feel like there was an article where he admits they sort of boxed themselves into a corner with the story by the end, but I can't for the life of me find that interview so I might be imagining things. So who knows!