Thread: The Smashing Pumpkins

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Read the ones about interpreting the songs and creating the very idea of the concept album--and Frank did chose the songs, thus creating his concept albums. That's being creative, that's being an artist. And of course he played an instrument--his voice, he was "the voice."
    You’re polluting this thread. I’ve been a Sinatra fan since before you were a zygote and I’m not going to argue this any more in this thread, it’s a stupid argument since we are primarily discussing songwriting, anyway.

Back to Billy Corgan and his inability to write songs after 40, especially since he’s become a douchebag Libertarian Alex Jones follower who thinks the world is just too damned P.C. and that millionaires pay too much taxes. Even though the state is struggling. Let them eat cake, Billy?

Such angst, ugh. His next album will be called “Fuck Taxing The Rich”. He’s said, here, that he’s worked hard and he’s sick and tired of paying for other people.

Oh, the anger.

Anger!!! Billy is uber angry that people didn’t buy $6 cups of tea at his vegan tea house in a residential neighborhood and discuss Hesse or artistic photography or Carl Sandburg or whatever even though there’s soccer practice and gymnastics and family time, Billy forgot he doesn’t live in a college town but instead lives in a family neighborhood with parents and kids.

https://m.chicagoreader.com/chicago/...t?oid=37051765

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-th...ative-crusader

Shanahan says you’re paying for your own cold pizza Billy

Last edited by allegro; 05-09-2018 at 11:42 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    You’re polluting this thread. I’ve been a Sinatra fan since before you were a zygote and I’m not going to argue this any more in this thread, it’s a stupid argument since we are primarily discussing songwriting, anyway.
    Age is completely irrelevant. Every single original Bach aficionado is dead, so what? People exposed to his work hundreds of years later can't discus his work? We are talking about being creative, and I am arguing that being a songwriter is just one, of many components.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 05-06-2018 at 08:45 PM.