Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Alessandro Cortini (Blindoldfreak, Sonoio, Skarn, & other projects)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Really like Cortini's stuff. Have really just been exposed recently. He's a fine fit with NIN, too.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Alessandro just announced a few things on a Facebook Q&A:

-A new Sonoio album is "mixed and ready to go" for a likely release in 2018.
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    New Sonoio is all I've been wanting since Thanks For Calling. That release alone has 2018 at full-hype musically for me.
    This pumped me up as well, but Let's not get too excited here, there may not be vocals!!! And that's the main selling point of SONOIO for me...

Someone asked this:

"After so much success with Modwheelmood and Sonoio extraordinarily melodic projects why WHY on Earth you have decided to quit vocal projects and focused on unpopular and hard to listen to instrumental music? Could you give a clear answer on that?"

and his reply was:

" Because it makes me happy to do what I do and I got tired of what I was doing earlier. Popular or unpopular is relative (and curiously I actually make a living off the unpopular one, never made a living off the one you call popular!).
    There will always be the old records to listen to, if that’s what you prefer, of course. But that stuff is not what I enjoy doing anymore."

So, judging from that response, I wouldn't hold my breath on there being lyrics.

Someone also asked if it'll sound similar to red/blue and what the colour name will be and he said:

" not a color name, and it'll be different I would think, since it's been 6 years at least"

So, I think it's going to be a huge departure from his previous SONOIO stuff. Which is unfortunate, I don't like his instrumental stuff. Give me more songs like "Thanks for calling" I'll still put it down for my most anticipated releases for 2018, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @ManBurning I see what you mean but also feel like he wouldn't call it a Sonoio record if it didn't have some sort of connection to that material and emotional/sonic space. He's been very deliberate about using different names for different types of work and him going back to Sonoio makes me think it'd have to have some sort of link. Thanks For Calling was a lot more smoldering and abrasive at points and I'd hope the next album will have some more of that bite, but I'm open to anything. In general I'm optimistic about it.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, I don't see it being a purely instrumental album, even if that's what he's doing now. I have a feeling it will be the last Sonoio album though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    As long as it has more things like "Enough". All of Red is great, but that song is top notch.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I'd quite like a Forse box set

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    This pumped me up as well, but Let's not get too excited here, there may not be vocals!!! And that's the main selling point of SONOIO for me...

Someone asked this:

"After so much success with Modwheelmood and Sonoio extraordinarily melodic projects why WHY on Earth you have decided to quit vocal projects and focused on unpopular and hard to listen to instrumental music? Could you give a clear answer on that?"

and his reply was:

" Because it makes me happy to do what I do and I got tired of what I was doing earlier. Popular or unpopular is relative (and curiously I actually make a living off the unpopular one, never made a living off the one you call popular!).
    There will always be the old records to listen to, if that’s what you prefer, of course. But that stuff is not what I enjoy doing anymore."

So, judging from that response, I wouldn't hold my breath on there being lyrics.

Someone also asked if it'll sound similar to red/blue and what the colour name will be and he said:

" not a color name, and it'll be different I would think, since it's been 6 years at least"

So, I think it's going to be a huge departure from his previous SONOIO stuff. Which is unfortunate, I don't like his instrumental stuff. Give me more songs like "Thanks for calling" I'll still put it down for my most anticipated releases for 2018, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.
    He did mention in an interview at some point that this Sonoio record is not new songs but stuff he recorded awhile ago. So I think it'll most likely have lyrics. See the two songs he played on that radio show.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Still waiting for my cd of Avanti. Can't wait to listen to it with my headphones.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    New site design

http://sonoio.org/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    New site design

that was quick, he literally just posted it on facebook haha

By the way, I added a few of his European shows to the list on this page (see above, post #489).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    New site design

I got excited because I thought the new album was out, but at least this means something is coming...*looks left, looks right*...soon.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fucking finally something is gonna happen!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    For those who are keeping track, I updated post #488 with three new dates in Italy (Rome, Bologna and Milan)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    anyone know why the SONOIO Thanks For Calling video has been taken down?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    anyone know why the SONOIO Thanks For Calling video has been taken down?
    "It’s gone, but will be back in the future."

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Alessandro hinted a while back that "Thanks For Calling" will be on the new album.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    From Black Moth Super Rainbow's Facebook page:

New song "Baby's in the Void" from the upcoming album. Split 7" single with "Ipermercato" by Alessandro Cortini (SONOIO, nine inch nails) on the B side in stores only this Friday!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Oh my.
    I understand why AC has moved on in a new musical direction that is more fulfilling for him, but damn, I will miss this.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    Oh my.
    I understand why AC has moved on in a new musical direction that is more fulfilling for him, but damn, I will miss this.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was on the new Sonoio record coming out.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, it was listed in that picture he posted of the album sequence.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 03-23-2018 at 12:14 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the Blindoldfreak album in a lossless format? I can't find it anywhere except in MP3.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Does anyone have the Blindoldfreak album in a lossless format? I can't find it anywhere except in MP3.
    i second that!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Sonoio Facebook page just updated with this image. New album artwork?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Digging it. Also, I just noticed that Alessandro is in the corner.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wonder if that FINE is used in context of "the end" in Italian, or is it more of a social commentary "everything's fine" thing? Or perhaps it's intentionally ambiguous lol.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I think it’s both a reference to it being the last Sonoio album and the ironic way of saying they’re fine even though they’re not, especially since the image is dripping in lonely hotel room depression.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    I wonder if that FINE is used in context of "the end" in Italian, or is it more of a social commentary "everything's fine" thing? Or perhaps it's intentionally ambiguous lol.
    I wouldn't be surprised if both of those assumptions were correct.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if both of those assumptions were correct.
    this.

Also, in old Italian films the word "fine" is used like the word "the end" right before the credits.
    Fine has also other meanings such as "thin" or "objective/goal" but I think the context here is quite clear haha.