Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi - SPOILERS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    That's right, not one single person.
    Good job, you successfully nitpicked. That's the theme of TLJ apologists apparently.
    - TLJ doing worse than TFA and R1? Well it still made a lot of money!
    - No one would write ep IX? There are 7 billion people on Earth, so technically someone surely would!
    + the evergreen "I liked it, so please, don't discuss its flaws."

Why do you even bother? Other than being as uninspiring and lacking in substance as TLJ was, there's not much to it. I'm starting to understand the required mindset to really appreciate TLJ for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I've yet to see 8, like I said, but I feel that if Rian veered a little too far from the beaten path, JJ will probably bring it back home to "rhyming" with the original trilogy in the end. I have all the faith in the world in JJ Abrams.

Of course, people bitched about TFA being a retread. Now their counterparts are bitching about 8 being too UNLIKE the OG.

It seems to me that there is no happy median: it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

As for me? I prefer retread. I'm all for retread.
    Yes, J.J. is an obvious exception from "no one would want to do it", but don't expect much from these TLJ fanboys. But he accepted his fate with his decision, because he is gonna get flamed to death by many people, and it won't be his fault.

Why didn't you watch it btw if you are so interested that you are monitoring this thread? Makes no sense mate!
    Last edited by Volband; 12-27-2017 at 06:20 PM.