Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War - Scratch one Grub

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But. But. I want old bones god damnit. It was fucking awesome. Fuck YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

edit: it's hard to get my rage on when I can't post in all caps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Excited for the return of Jacinto!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Title Update 4 today!

Flaming Retro Skin is back!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Forces of Nature DLC tomorrow!

Stoked!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow. Looks like Microsoft has announced that there indeed will be another Gears of War. Apparently to be announced at E3.

First official screenshot:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I seen that, I promptly needed new clothes.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-04-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-04-2012 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gears of War: Judgment - OverRun mode announced.

Also, an extended gameplay trailer is here.

It looks like...well, like another Gears game.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-04-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-04-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Iron man? What's that have to do with Gears?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL fuck wrong link. Try this: BOOOM. Again...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Couldn't be any more unexcited.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really hope this is awesome, because it just looks like another Gears game with little going for it at this point.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Am i the only one that feels the color palate Epic decided to go with after Gears 1 was a poor choice? They made an otherwise gritty, badd ass, bloody game into a colorful, almost anime looking one. Gears 3 was a vast improvement over Gears 2 but still no where close to the greatness of Gears 1.

Anyone share these sentiments?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Actually I believe that in multiple interviews before Gears 3 dropped, Cliff and Rod mentioned on numerous occasions that most people complained about how drab the first two games were, and how they tried to bring more color in to the game. I feel that while it has more color now, it's far from 'anime looking'.

As for the new Gears, I've gotta say darktemplar is on the right path. It looks ok, but I'm not pumped on it at all.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    the only people i saw complaining about how Gears 1 looked were casual players and critics. Never follow the casual or critics into making a game... you'll end up with something watered down and stupid.

Epic failed me with Gears. I thought Gears 1 was the fucking shit, now it's just another game.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New game details:

Gears of War: Judgement is an upcoming entry in the Gears of War series being developed by Epic Games and People Can Fly. The game will serve as the first chapter in a planned prequel trilogy set 14 years before the events of the first Gears of War, and will focus on the characters Damon Baird and Augustus Cole along with two new-to-the-series squadmates, all of whom form Kilo Squad.

The game will be told via flashbacks as Baird is on trial, with narration from his testimony framing the action. After finishing things the traditional way, players will be able to go back and play games in "Declassified" mode, which tweaks things even further by having Baird "remember" things differently.

Judgment is designed to be a faster-paced, more intense experience than the previous games in the series, leading to some control changes. Grenades are now treated as an off-hand weapon and thrown using the left bumper, and weapon switching is done with a button press. Enemy spawns are handled by a new system known as the "Simple Spawn System," or S3. Sounding similar to the AI Director found in the Left 4 Dead series, the S3 watches a player's performance (using metrics including accuracy) and delivers enemies accordingly. The end goal is to make Gears of War Judgment a significantly more difficult experience than its predecessors, though traditional difficulty settings are also available to govern the overall nastiness of the S3.

Multiplayer will consist of at least one new mode, called OverRun. This is a class-based mode that feels like a twist on Gears 3's Beast mode. The attacking Locust players attempt to reach a generator that's being protected by human forces. Meanwhile, the humans are also broken up into classes, including soldier, medic, engineer, and so on. The different classes have different rechargeable abilities, such as spawning ammo crates, healing, creating turrets, and throwing grenades. This is a Stopwatch-style mode, so players play on both sides of the action and the team with the better attack time wins the match.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I don't want info. I want a tentative release date.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    my co-worker is Cody lol

!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That was a doozie. Such an old video, game wasn't even out a week then.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Him and his buddy make these videos all the time and post them up on youtube. I guess they even get paid for stuff like this.....I was shocked when I found out that they made $3k last month just from ad revenue....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Him and his buddy make these videos all the time and post them up on youtube. I guess they even get paid for stuff like this.....I was shocked when I found out that they made $3k last month just from ad revenue....
    Yeah lots of Gamers on Youtube get paid for doing the shit for being a partner. As much as I'd love that for income I'd feel unfulfilled and a bit lame. I do want to get a capture card in the near future (several months) to record gameplay, commentaries, walkthroughs and shit for fun though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I don't want info. I want a tentative release date.
    March 2013

Considering it's probably going to be a few weeks after BioShock Infinite drops, added to the fact that my excitement level for this is sitting at about a 2.9/10, I think I may wait until it's cheap on Craigslist to even consider it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    March 2013

Considering it's probably going to be a few weeks after BioShock Infinite drops, added to the fact that my excitement level for this is sitting at about a 2.9/10, I think I may wait until it's cheap on Craigslist to even consider it.
    Good, was dreading it'd come out the later half of 2013.

I don't think they can improve much off Gears 3's engine, gameplay and online connection (sadly) but I do hold high regards in excitement and something new.

Looks like you'll get Infinite and I'll get Judgment. The I'll get Infinite cheaper later on and you Gears later on. No biggie.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    lol yeah man it was uhh...nothing personal.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    lol yeah man it was uhh...nothing personal.
    I was just messing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I love this game (and series to death) but for me 3 is dying due to resurgence of loser usage of Retro Lancers and lousy connections. There are no dedicated servers for this anymore. I get hit by 5 Lancer bullets and I immediately go down, I shoot a fucking guy in the back of the head at close range with my Gnasher and I get nothing. Just bullshit, this game is beginning to piss me off with how bad the damage consistency is.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Free-For-All videos from GoW: Judgment. Gotta say, it's all looking very "same ol', same ol'" to me at this point.