Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Yeah I was surprised to see how many good tix were still available when I last checked; I wasn't so surprised when I found out they were $250/ea face.
    Tulsa ran a buy 1 get 1 free deal a few days ago I almost went again, floor seats for $100 lower plaza bowl $50

Consider driving to smaller less demand markets. Tool in Little Rock Floor seats $80. I just got the wife Katy Perry tickets and STL 16th row was $205 and Little Rock 15th row was only $155
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 06-01-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Yeah I was surprised to see how many good tix were still available when I last checked; I wasn't so surprised when I found out they were $250/ea face.
    I paid $250 a piece for "regular" seats in the lower bowl in Chicago when these went on sale. Look at floor tickets now for that Saturday show that start at $450. Kind of ridiculous IMO.

Pissed off that looking at my section and row they're now $150.00 on TM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have really been thinking about this lately and almost want to wait to buy tickets. I have seen the drastic price cuts too often on high priced shows at the last minute.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I have really been thinking about this lately and almost want to wait to buy tickets. I have seen the drastic price cuts too often on high priced shows at the last minute.
    I hear ya. The only problem is attempting to find out what tours sell out quickly and which do not. I've had some good luck in recent years for finding great tickets on Stubhub for shows that don't sell well. On the other hand there's shows that sell really well and you're at the mercy of the secondary market.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Pink Floyd

Just listened to Is This The Life We Really Want? and it's quite the therapeutic listen if you're paying attention to the news. At least for most anyone reading this that is. It's not all doom and gloom, but overall a bleak record of our times.

Musically it's a fine cross between Roger's sensibilities and Nigel Goodrich's touch as producer. Not unlike the union Johnny Cash and Rick Rubin had during the former's own twilight years, they have created something which is more simple and direct compared to his prior work but does not forsake the atmosphere either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    "Picture a leader with no fucking brains" from the track Picture That, gee I wonder who he is talking about...........Love the new album.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    How was the turn out for the shows? Some of these "VIP" packages littered all over the arena are rediculously priced. Would be nice to have good seats and NOT spend another extra $700!

Next Tool fan to complain about their shows gets banished to this thread lol.
    Turnout was good. I was in a VIP suite, but it was a birthday gift, otherwise I genuinely would not have afforded to go. But turnout was great. I checked right before the show and there were still a ton of tickets available, but people must have really jumped on it at the last second because the place looked totally sold out. Of course, once the second act, the Anti-Trump act, started, there were some that bounced out so a couple sections had some open pockets. But what did they expect?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    But what did they expect?
    Some people may get turned off by it. Yeah, Waters has been very political in the past but it isn't promoted as "The anti-Trump, fuck everything!" tour.

I doubt we'll head out early because of it, but not my cup of tea either. I already see all the stuff on social media, TV, here, etc. Sometimes it's nice to get away from it all and just be entertained.

Not trying to start a political war, just my $0.02.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Someone who has caught RW this tour, what time did the show start/end?

Yeah, Waters has been very political in the past but it isn't promoted as "The anti-Trump, fuck everything!" tour.
    guess they missed this...

Last edited by TheRealNs1; 06-09-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

guess they missed this...
    Average concert goer doesn't look at setlists and what happened though, past or previous. A lot of people like to go into them blind or really don't care and just want to hear and see a Pink Floyd-ish show.

'Tis what it 'tis. Still looking forward to the production and songs. Someone should replace "Trump" with "Roger Waters" on that pig just to troll him. :P

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Lol

"thank you, roger waters, for taking my $300 to make me a captive participant in your never ending rant against president trump. Thank you for essentially spoiling a night i had hoped would be a concert to remember. I wonder how you, roger waters, would feel if the tables were turned? Would you be happy to sit through a similar self indulgent rant against say obama or hillary. No you would not. You would stomp your feet, cry and shout about how such an awful micro aggression has been forced upon you and invaded your "safe space". Fuck you, roger waters. You had neither the right nor the privilege to ruin my night of entertainment. Yes, you can refund my ticket."

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, I guess this asshole just bought Roger Waters a sandwich.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I guess the show is "not for everyone", but people seem to forget that Waters is all about politics; so it's like going to a superhero movie and get pissed because "it's unrealistic".

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think it is important to know your artists, as @henryeatscereal stated Waters is all about politics. Although the tickets for the shows were sold before the release of his new album, but the album has plenty of references of his dislike for Trump.
    With the Trump administration under fire for so many different issues, people more and more have become frustrated with Donald Trump and his antics not just here in the US but around the world. As this frustration grows you are going to see more and more artists speak out against Trump. Many artists already have spoke out against Trump. This doesn't bother me, rock artists since the 60's have made political statements in their songs and at their shows, its nothing new and doesn't surprise me, given the political climate here in the US. IMO entertainers have as much right to speak out as anybody else.
    As for Roger Waters he grew up in England post WWII as a young child and his father was killed in the war, it left a huge scar on him that is obvious in many Pink Floyd songs as well as his solo material. After the traumatic effect that post WWII England had to deal with, it doesn't surprise me at all that he is speaking out against Trump he can obviously spot a dictator when he sees one.
    I am going to see Roger Waters Friday night in Vegas and I look forward to the show hearing the Pink Floyd songs as well as the new solo material, and I welcome his commentary on Trump because I think Trump is a fucking moron.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    If I had the money, I would definitely go see him. Besides, if anyone bitches about what they're seeing. Fine.... you just paid for Roger Waters' sandwich.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Considering how much we're paying for tickets, Roger should be buying us a sandwich.

Honestly thinking about trying to sell my Chicago tickets, then trying to get cheapo tickets for the Milwaukee at the last minute the following Saturday.

If if he wants to go the political route so be it, but for nearly half the show? C'mon now. If you wanna hear about how Trump may or may not have offended his breakfast fruit yesterday morning tune into CNN for free.
    Last edited by Krazy; 06-14-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I eye-balled tix a few weeks ago and they were $250/ea

they are now $150/ea

it's even cheaper on the resale markets.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I eye-balled tix a few weeks ago and they were $250/ea

they are now $150/ea

it's even cheaper on the resale markets.

Yeah, I ranted about that crap some posts above. And ever since, that Chicago Saturday has sold more seats. Go figure. Thanks Roger!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Great Show I highly recommend, go if you can. I really wanted "Echoes" but I knew it wasn't going to happen, but I did get Pigs, and One Of These Days.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'll be putting my Chicago tickets (Saturday show July 22nd) on StubHub in the coming days, would rather go to the Milwaukee show a week later. Paid $250 each plus fees (total was $550), hoping to get $500 for them. Section 110, row 10. If there's any interest let me know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I'll be putting my Chicago tickets (Saturday show July 22nd) on StubHub in the coming days, would rather go to the Milwaukee show a week later. Paid $250 each plus fees (total was $550), hoping to get $500 for them. Section 110, row 10. If there's any interest let me know.
    Holly Shit!!! I paid $293 for 2 seats like that in KC, Tulsa lowered the price and could have gotten tickets like those for $130 a pair.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    Holly Shit!!! I paid $293 for 2 seats like that in KC, Tulsa lowered the price and could have gotten tickets like those for $130 a pair.
    Yes, I know. Don't kick a man while he's down!!!

Only thing working in my favor is the show started to sell better, and there aren't a shit ton of seats on StubHub in that section. Willing to take a little bit of a hit to avoid going to Chicago (includes the drive) and pay outrageous money for parking spots in a-not-so-great area. Drive to Bradley Center is maybe 15 minutes for me.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    just pulled trigger on tix, it's prime pickings right now.

ended up in a row in the private reserve section (ie drink service and bathrooms with better ratios) with only 1 row in front of us - $150 (I'm sure they retailed for $250 when the tix first dropped). I passed on first row in the lower bowl section below the aforementioned PR section - same price, $150.

This is for Tuesday opening night in Los Angeles

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Twas a good show but unfortunately for Roger, he also produced the Wall so there is an impossibly high bar set for him.

The show played well in super liberal Los Angeles, but I can see how it would rub some cities the wrong way. The first 4 songs of the second set are 5/7.

Also: Roger Waters turned that shit up to 11. There must be a dozen trailers for speakers alone.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    just saw the second night of the LA run... wow. That was great, and I'm generally not that blown away by laser-tastic light shows.

The surprise sucker punch of the show was Vera Lynn / Bring the Boys Back Home. Holy shit. I actually found myself choking back tears, and then found myself literally wiping a tear away while singing along... "bring the boys back home, don't leave the children on their own, no... no..."

Best show I've seen Roger pull off, and he's never disappointed. Maybe I personally would have substituted Echoes, Fearless, Hey You, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Have a Cigar, or Run Like Hell for a couple of the new solo songs, but why play that game? The new songs were actually great... though strangely reminiscent of classic Floyd canon. The first track he played I originally thought was Fearless, and there's a vocal motif brought in from Don't Leave Me Now in another. It's a weird thing with me, but I dig that sort of thing.

A+ 10/10 5 stars, go see it, it's Floyd armed to the teeth and giving no fucks about what might upset you.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    The new songs were actually great... though strangely reminiscent of classic Floyd canon. The first track he played I originally thought was Fearless, and there's a vocal motif brought in from Don't Leave Me Now in another. It's a weird thing with me, but I dig that sort of thing.
    He's been doing this for ages. I gave a spin to Radio KAOS and Pros/Cons the other day and caught myself almost recognizing a few The Wall/The Final Cut motifs/melodies.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The new songs were actually great
    In my section, they were "politely received".

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Members of the band King Crimson went on a 'field trip' to see the show, including sax player Mel Collins who apparently stayed up partying late with Roger after the show: https://www.dgmlive.com/diaries/Davi...sunset_marquis

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Read about that this morning. Funnily enough Roger's manager Mark Fenwick was involved with KC's first management agency EG back in the day. Fripp mentioned him in the liner notes for Road to Red.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)