Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Cargo in the blood

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDavidMurphy View Post
    Got mine! Anyone else's, er, pages sticking together? Flipping through the book is leaving occasionally ugly "one page ripped off part of another" bits.
    How's the framed art? Would love too see some pics. That sucks that the pages got stuck. May have to let it sit in a warm room a while before cracking it open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Uh oh, that's no good. I'd email about that and see about a replacement or something (at least i would, that would drive me absolutely mad since i like to keep everything mint). I'll have to (gently) see if my pages are like that, hopefully not.

Mines On time for delivery tomorrow, i'll post pictures of everything and try to scan the mixed media piece.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJ View Post
    Uh oh, that's no good. I'd email about that and see about a replacement or something (at least i would, that would drive me absolutely mad since i like to keep everything mint). I'll have to (gently) see if my pages are like that, hopefully not.

Mines On time for delivery tomorrow, i'll post pictures of everything and try to scan the mixed media piece.
    Don't be alarmed. Trent has personalized each piece by jerking off into the pages of a select few. These ones will be worth much more. DO NOT RETURN THEM. Reznor cum is invaluable.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Got mine! Anyone else's, er, pages sticking together? Flipping through the book is leaving occasionally ugly "one page ripped off part of another" bits.
    How bad is the damage? May we see?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Considering the cost, I would definitely email them about this. Can we see how bad it is, please?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Mine's damaged as well. No pages really sticking that I can see, unless you're talking about near the binding. I do have some pages that the glue is too high up from the binding and I can't fully open. Some other binding issues as well.

Additionally, there's a pretty good split in the outer traycase and my first 22 pages have a hard crease where it looks like someone took that stack of pages and fanned through them...

I'm pretty pissed off right now....

Here's some pics of damage plus overall look.

It's a neat piece of work...But they better replace it or I'm going to be irate.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tiny unboxing video on Instagram: http://www.pikore.com/m/1161872633571864049_1838439890

That Mills original is looking pretty similar. Be interested to see more as they come in.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Also, that burn hole on the front? Smells like fire.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    Don't be alarmed. Trent has personalized each piece by jerking off into the pages of a select few. These ones will be worth much more. DO NOT RETURN THEM. Reznor cum is invaluable.
    What the fuck even huh?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    That was a Ryan post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    mine doesn't smell burned at all. #1441/2000

Last edited by IndyJ; 01-13-2016 at 06:17 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I forgot to even look for the number. Where is it marked? I'm also feeling even more let down seeing that your metal frame is far cooler than mine. Mine's literally completely plain except for what looks like a single scratch that doesn't look like it belongs.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

You're frame's got me so wet. I hope mine is half as cool. Awesome piece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Two people on the NIN reddit sub said theirs did NOT come with steel numbered plate.
    One user said his entire book was fucked up. Almost every page of the books has some shit on it and the outside was dented. That blows.
    Hopefully he hears back from the vendor and they get hook him up with a new copy and some swag. Lets hope no one else has the same problem. Wasnt the first versions of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo super shitty and Trent sent them back to have them remade or something?

here is the post with the damage: https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment..._blood_damage/

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wow, this is shaping up to be quite fucked. How will they afford all the replacements?!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Wow, this is shaping up to be quite fucked. How will they afford all the replacements?!
    Trent will conjure up the ghost of Bowie, who will then float into the bedroom of many a shafted NIN fan; take their damaged goods and magically replace them with the wave of his Bowie ghost wand.
    Last edited by placepinion; 01-14-2016 at 01:12 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Can't wait to get mine tomorrow. Hope all goes well and I don't become another victim of 'Jizz in the Cargo (the pages stuck is also true)'.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^^
    I sincerely hope you will.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_nin_collector View Post
    Two people on the NIN reddit sub said theirs did NOT come with steel numbered plate.
    One user said his entire book was fucked up. Almost every page of the books has some shit on it and the outside was dented. That blows.
    Hopefully he hears back from the vendor and they get hook him up with a new copy and some swag. Lets hope no one else has the same problem. Wasnt the first versions of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo super shitty and Trent sent them back to have them remade or something?

here is the post with the damage: https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment..._blood_damage/
    Someone should tweet this shit to Trent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    I forgot to even look for the number. Where is it marked? I'm also feeling even more let down seeing that your metal frame is far cooler than mine. Mine's literally completely plain except for what looks like a single scratch that doesn't look like it belongs.
    The little laser etched steel numbering card will be under the framed piece, it pops out with some careful trickery. Even that piece has some neat rusting on it like the frame does, pretty neat.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    my frame came a bit scratched- is that the norm? otherwise, we're missing the laser etched steel numbering card and will be writing to inquire.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got mine. Everything looks good. Two of the pages were stuck together (where the company that bound the book inserted two pages a little crooked and didn't trim it correctly). I took a razor and carefully separated the pages.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Not going to lie, these packages look GORGEOUS. I'm not sure I'd pay $300 for it but holy fucking shit it's probably the best looking product Trent has ever been associated with.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    my frame came a bit scratched- is that the norm? otherwise, we're missing the laser etched steel numbering card and will be writing to inquire.
    yes, it's part of the aesthetic. these are all handmade after all.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Im wondering if all the art piece numbers on the back are a map of sorts to put them all back together. This was supposedly one giant piece that they sliced up in 2000 pieces. So maybe something like 128C, 100E is how they fit together. They probably sliced it up like a grid, and maybe its numerical across, and when the letter changes, its the next row sort of thing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    Im wondering if all the art piece numbers on the back are a map of sorts to put them all back together. This was supposedly one giant piece that they sliced up in 2000 pieces. So maybe something like 128C, 100E is how they fit together. They probably sliced it up like a grid, and maybe its numerical across, and when the letter changes, its the next row sort of thing.
    Does it matter? In the video, it looked like the big canvas he was working on was just a big slop of paint smeared across. So we put all these together and we get what, a big canvas of smeared paint????????

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Yep. Exactly that.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by placepinion View Post
    Does it matter? In the video, it looked like the big canvas he was working on was just a big slop of paint smeared across. So we put all these together and we get what, a big canvas of smeared paint????????
    It forms a map to Tapeworm.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    These are definitely beautiful packages, wow. I get why they're at the price point they're at (though I still just wish there was a "standard" edition without the extra prints and with just fairly normal glossy pages or what have you for $50 or something). The art of HM was one of the things that stood out to me the most, and it's great to see it all assembled so well together here.