Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanye West

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Kanye west is my favorite fictional character.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Kanye is love? URGH..i think most have reached the consensus that he is a total cunt.. If it were my award he stole (yeah right) i envision myself being up there whacking him.
    Im not a massive Beck fan either.
    I really see Narcissistic Personality Disorder although I know he plays on the inflated ego personality thing. Most of my favourite musicians have difficult, maladjusted personalities..i just dont find the aggressive attention grabbing, bullying and humiliating someone in front of millions funny.
    most of his music is really boring too.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Beck should have given the award to Kanye.

I remember when Beck used to have a sense of humor. Those were the days.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Soy un perdedor

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The most comical part of all this is the fact that Kayne owns 21 Grammy's and Beyonce owns 18. He's acting like there is some sort of injustice going on. Ridiculous.

And not for nothing, but Beyonce is a product. Not an artist.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is circulating:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Oh good you're still going on about it. Five seconds of work for Kanye..... DAYS of hype. The man's a genius.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The voices in his head told him to do it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6661452.html

I think that's the best possible explanation.

(Edit: I really do. Maybe he's bipolar, verging on schizophrenic...)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wait, I didn't realize he did this AFTER the show, not during.

This is interesting:

http://www.thefader.com/2015/02/09/a...o-someone-else

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Kanye rules.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I love how everyone turns into a psychiatrist while over analyzing getting trolled.

Hahaha. I seriously love him so much. Even if you don't care for his music, you have to have respect for his command of media.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I love how everyone turns into a psychiatrist while over analyzing getting trolled.

Hahaha. I seriously love him so much. Even if you don't care for his music, you have to have respect for his command of media.
    No, not really. You could say the same about Rob Ford. Just because someone acts like a moron with the cameras rolling doesn't mean that they have command of the media.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Clearly Kanye does, though!

Rob Ford was in the news for like a month because he was struggling with an addiction. Hardly the same.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    He was in the news because he was the Mayor of Toronto (not anymore) and is a complete moron. Kanye is Mayor of the Morons.
    Last edited by botley; 02-12-2015 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    number of times I've listened to Beyonce's album: 0
    number of times I've listened to Beck's album: 1, and was really bored
    number of times I've listened to Yeezus: lost track long, long ago

how kanye acts or doesn't act is generally pretty hilarious and irrelevant to me.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I do not give a fuck about Beyonce. Not a single fuck.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The thing with Kanye is at the end of the day, he does have a certain talent. However, his behavior is overshadowing his talent.
    When the guy dies, he'll be remember as the guy who punched a paparazzi, who interrupted Taylor Swift at the VMAs and who ultimately was an asshole.
    Not the musical genius that some people believe he is.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    The thing with Kanye is at the end of the day, he does have a certain talent. However, his behavior is overshadowing his talent.
    When the guy dies, he'll be remember as the guy who punched a paparazzi, who interrupted Taylor Swift at the VMAs and who ultimately was an asshole.
    Not the musical genius that some people believe he is.
    Nah... even Phil Spector is still remembered primarily for the "wall of sound," and Kanye has a long way to go before he comes close to Spector territory for notorious bullshit.

Then again, I think Kanye's genius is seriously overstated, and I think it's fueled by people who love to condescend to "haters" of his public persona. In that way, yeah, he's doing a good PR job, but I don't think it's intentional. He has some great moments, but there's a lot of bullshit in the mix. His production skills are insanely overrated for starters... but people love to buy into the idea that he's a brilliant musical super genius, and he loves to buy into that idea too.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Beyonce is awesome. She was great in Destiny's Child - I think that's her best work.
    I lost track of her solo career after Crazy In Love - not liking Jay-Z didn't help.
    But her 2013 album has some good stuff on it: (link kinda NSFW):

I haven't heard the new one but I will.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Nah... even Phil Spector is still remembered primarily for the "wall of sound," and Kanye has a long way to go before he comes close to Spector territory for notorious bullshit.

Then again, I think Kanye's genius is seriously overstated, and I think it's fueled by people who love to condescend to "haters" of his public persona. In that way, yeah, he's doing a good PR job, but I don't think it's intentional. He has some great moments, but there's a lot of bullshit in the mix. His production skills are insanely overrated for starters... but people love to buy into the idea that he's a brilliant musical super genius, and he loves to buy into that idea too.
    I agree that he is overrated but I still view College Dropout as one hell of a debut album. Kanye came out with bang. Then there's the ego. In fact, not sure it's ego but more the credential associated with the "rap scene".
    You can't just be a good rapper, you need the attitude that goes along with everything. You need to score "thug points".

It's such a different world than rock or country scene let's say.
    Is there one rapper out there that looks like he's pissing rainbows and shitting unicorn poop? No. That would be bad for their image.

The ones with a more polished image are leaning more towards R&B like Usher, Neo and whatnot.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    You can't just be a good rapper, you need the attitude that goes along with everything. You need to score "thug points".
    No... I'd say that's more an option now. Hip hop is a pretty broad genre, and I'm not sure how much cred Kanye is generating by having a gucci fashion line and jumping up at awards shows to yell out "Down with TaySway, Beyonce for life!!!"

It's such a different world than rock or country scene let's say.
    Is there one rapper out there that looks like he's pissing rainbows and shitting unicorn poop? No. That would be bad for their image.
    Well, KRS-one would rap about how being a vegetarian is super good for you and ethically awesome... so that comes pretty close?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    No... I'd say that's more an option now. Hip hop is a pretty broad genre, and I'm not sure how much cred Kanye is generating by having a gucci fashion line and jumping up at awards shows to yell out "Down with TaySway, Beyonce for life!!!"

Well, KRS-one would rap about how being a vegetarian is super good for you and ethically awesome... so that comes pretty close?

I just realized I have no idea how the multi-quote thing works. Anyways, you're right that Kanye doesn't have street cred but he does have industry cred.
    We're a far cry from Tupac and Biggie.

I have no clue who KRS-one is. Sorry.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    er de la soul? dead prez? plenty of positive, veggie lefty whatever hip hop that's massively popular and influential

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    er de la soul? dead prez? plenty of positive, veggie lefty whatever hip hop that's massively popular and influential
    Ok I was talking through my ass. I honestly don't know enough about the genre aside from the usual suspects that are always caught in brawls, shootings or whatnot.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ....is a fucking autotuned turkey

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Ok I was talking through my ass. I honestly don't know enough about the genre aside from the usual suspects that are always caught in brawls, shootings or whatnot.
    lol no worries, to be fair it's totally true that thug/conspicuous consumer shite has more or less totally nudged out positive stuff. But there's some good stuff out there that isn't obscure

let's get free by dead prez is awesome... and it's odd because it's actually more shocking to hear them rap about drinking green smoothies and becoming a community activist than it is to hear someone rap about shooting everyone and forcing your enemies to drink piss or whatever

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post

^^^ If by "rock star" he means "most over-rated dick bag who's married to one of the worlds biggest cum slurping ding-bats", he is 100% correct in saying that.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    http://flavorwire.com/397479/if-your...e-jokes-on-you

This remains one of my favorite write ups on the persona of Kanye.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    ^^^the Grammys should be paying him, as far as I can make out, his Beck thing was about the only half interesting thing to happen in the whole charade