Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: "Find My Way" debuts on Zane Lowe (8.22.2013)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    TR should leak the whole album with Zane talking over all the songs. That would be great. Waiting for a better rip. Loved it live so far.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I will not weep at work. I just won't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Atticus: people don't get, T. HTDA is all about subtlety, while NIN is all loud. The projects are totally different.

Trent: They sure are.

A: So, with that in mind, we could move that "Find My Way" track into Welcome Oblivion, right?

T: Not that one, Atticus. Not. That. One.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Also he talks over the end of the so song SO PEOPLE DONT RIP IT AND SPREAD IT AROUND, duh.
    Well, he did his schpeel two different times...I think the beginning was enough.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Yep. Zane is a piece of shit. You don't do that on a song debut...you little piece of working shit.
    ugh get over yourself you loser

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Holy flerking shnit. Beautiful.

Also, someone on here pointed out that the live version may or may not feature a sample from The Downward Spiral. I can definitely hear that sound in the studio version (It pans from left to right ear each time you hear it). It does sound like that same sound from TDS. Thoughts?
    Last edited by The Reason Being; 08-22-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    About people calling ZL a piece of shit: let's cut him some slack, guys. Two reasons:

1- He does promote and preview stuff that no other major show in the world would. There's a reason why he has previewed tracks by the likes of NIN, Garbage, QOTSA and many others.

2- Find My Way is a 5+ minutes song. As a former radio journalist myself, I must say that you can get a lot of shit for playing stuff that is more than 4m30s longer. He spoke only what was necessary to promote the album and the track given the time he had. And the promotional stuff he said was probably demanded by Columbia or NIN's PR team.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    ugh get over yourself you loser
    Refer to my other reply to you. Don't try to hurt my feelings.

I guess that's just RADIO though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am in love with this song. Close tie between this and Copy Of A for my favorite so far.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i'm gonna wait till album release, or full album leak

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Those voices harmonizing definitely remind me of the sirens in Ghost 1. Lovin' it!

I was starting to roll my eyes at the demand for the album leak, but damn...I'm feeling the itch now.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Does the Radio 1 site have some sort of protection in effect? When I tried to rip it with Cubase it sounds echoey and distorted. Never had that problem before so I'm wondering if it's something on their side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some songs you hear are just instant NIN...o so comfortable and warm.....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Are people really complaining about a radio DJ talking over the end of a song?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    Probably because they can't rip a "pure" version because he was talking.

I waited this long for the album to drop, I can wait 12 more days to get this song in my library.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_OAK View Post
    About people calling ZL a piece of shit: let's cut him some slack, guys. Two reasons:

1- He does promote and preview stuff that no other major show in the world would. There's a reason why he has previewed tracks by the likes of NIN, Garbage, QOTSA and many others.

2- Find My Way is a 5+ minutes song. As a former radio journalist myself, I must say that you can get a lot of shit for playing stuff that is more than 4m30s longer. He spoke only what was necessary to promote the album and the track given the time he had. And the promotional stuff he said was probably demanded by Columbia or NIN's PR team.
    Fair enough...plausible and probable. *sigh* Heat of the moment, you should know.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yes? It is kinda annoying.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Does the Radio 1 site have some sort of protection in effect? When I tried to rip it with Cubase it sounds echoey and distorted. Never had that problem before so I'm wondering if it's something on their side.
    Yes, they're very strict on it. If you watch TV without a license, you can get a fine of up to £2k and criminal charges, BBC likes people to stick to the guidelines so have all kinds of protection measures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You all are spoiled now days. When I was your age I had to record music off the radio with a cassette tape and it ALWAYS had a stupid DJ talking over it. Just call it RETRO and move on...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    He's just doing his job, but fuck him, right?

And never mind the fact that we've had perfectly acceptable live versions of this song already, well ahead of the album release, let alone this individual track "debut." Don't get me wrong, it's beautiful. Probably my favorite ambient/quiet track to come from TR in years. But we've had the song for a couple weeks, and we have less than a couple more weeks until the album release, AND a leak that's likely coming a week-ish ahead of THAT. Can't we just be thankful for what we've got and...I dunno....Cool our jets a little?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Welcome to the world of radio where a DJ talks over the end of every song they ever play. You may as well be angry that the sky is blue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This are my favorite kind of NIN songs, so fragile and beautiful.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Song sounds really great. I haven't been disappointed with anything I have heard so far.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Those chants right before "You were never meant to see" are just chilling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow this thread turned to crap over nothing pretty quickly... Good job guys. Can we talk about the song now?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I love this song so much. It's perfect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_OAK View Post
    Points well made. Also worth remembering he's had Trent on the show four or so times now at various points in his recent career. And if it allows new ears to hear the music, that's great.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Anyone think this sounds a bit Depeche Mode? Not in a bad way. Mainly the singing and piano in the chorus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's pretty beautiful song. I even forgot that track was a bit like htda.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Guys. You know my tolerance for PM requests. Find the software to do it or wait for someone to offer it up. Let's discuss the song.
    EDIT:

Crap. I didn't know the policy in regards to requests like that. My bad.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 08-22-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Ignorance