Thread: Synthlust! (Or, how to make music without your computer)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

I have to open at work tomorrow so I won't get a chance to play this until tomorrow.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I have to open at work tomorrow so I won't get a chance to play this until tomorrow.
    Fantastic! I've been working really hard at not paying too much attention to the Strega because it sounds so, so good. I'm a little bit jealous.

My synth related update this week is that I finally bit the bullet and bought the Prophet-style knob kit for my Poly Evolver. I was never real impressed with the knobs that came with it - they look a little weird, but they also come off really easily. However, the cost of the knob kit is more than I've paid for some drum machines and some pedals.

Well, I spent the last year not spending money. I'm not buying any new synths any time soon. I've earned a cosmetic upgrade. And after putting them on, I'm actually really glad I did. It looks and feels better than I expected, and I can prove scientifically that the sounds coming out of the Poly Evolver are 5% more warm and fat now. Hell, it's old enough to be called vintage at this point.

(Yes I should have dusted)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I HATED those knobs on the desktop version. I can't imagine so many more on the keyboard version. I did the knob upgrade on my Tempest and it felt like a fancy new machine. I don't know why they skip out on such expensive gear.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post

I got mine today, too, and just like you... I won't get a chance to mess with it until tomorrow (at the earliest). Being an adult is horseshit.