Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2017

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Man, judging from this Song Exploder episode, Atticus played a really huge role in writing and putting The Lovers together. Trent says he wasn't even in the room when he put together that weird ambient loop (from a strange instrument called the Luminist Garden) and percussion that the song is built on top of.

A little more depressing is the reveal of the song's subject matter. It felt kind of uncomfortable. (I won't spoil it.)
    It did feel a little uncomfortable. Especially with what Trent said about it about how he didn't feel it did anything for him after writing it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    It did feel a little uncomfortable. Especially with what Trent said about it about how he didn't feel it did anything for him after writing it.

The only thing it seemingly did is actually made him really unneasy from what I've gotten from that interview, which made the entire thing that much sadder and creepier.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Some fascinating insight in that interview, and I loved hearing the isolated tracks.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    is there a way to listen to this? it has been taken down from souncloud

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I assume it'll sooner or later show up on http://songexploder.net/

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    is there a way to listen to this? it has been taken down from souncloud
    Because that was a pirate copy, patience young padawan

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2017

Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    The only thing it seemingly did is actually made him really unneasy from what I've gotten from that interview, which made the entire thing that much sadder and creepier.
    Yes, and I mean, if Trent had stopped denying his "true nature," I mean, at best we'd have like two or three more NIN albums in the last fifteen years, probably no score work, and at worst... well, the worst is obvious. We don't need you to imagine the alternate route, it's played itself out many times!

I interpreted the Still cover for NTAE as being a continuation of a less radio-friendly sound he might have explored after TF instead of the closer-to-straight-rock WT, but I guess it's a bit deeper of a continuation of how things might have been.

In less concerned news, hearing the isolated tracks was great and it would still be awesome to get some stems to play around with? But I guess that won't happen.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hello everybody. I just discovered that theninhotline.net is not working properly. For example, if I go to http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...cle.php?id=889 I see "Cannot connect to SQL Server." message. I don't have twitter and facebook accounts, so I don't know what happened.
    Last edited by sickamongthepure; 12-06-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sickamongthepure View Post
    Hello everybody. I just discovered that theninhotline.net is not working properly. For example, if I go to http://www.theninhotline.net/archive...cle.php?id=889 I see "Cannot connect to SQL Server." message. I don't have twitter and facebook accounts, so I don't what happened.
    You don't need any account.
    Usually this error is internal, simple google on hotline twitter does not show anything

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Song Exploder is up for all people.
    http://songexploder.net/nine-inch-nails

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Aaaaaand now I want them to do this for every track ever.
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 12-06-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That's the dude from The One AM Radio? Oh that's what he's been doing!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Very interesting and certainly casts some doubts on some of the theories about the over-arching theme for the 3 ep's. Also I've never heard (a) the laughter or (b) the lyric 'but me' until now.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I wish they'd do that for all the songs on the EPs and it's amazing to hear in really concrete terms just how much Atticus brings to the table. It's no surprise at all that he's an official member of the studio band considering how much work they describe him adding to the process. I don't know if I've ever heard Trent talk this much so directly about a specific song and the process behind it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Aaaaaand now I want them to do this for every track ever.
    I was thinking that the whole way through. Like, if we set up a Patreon like fund, and it just pays Trent and Atticus directly for each track they describe. I could squirrel away a bit of money to feed into this. And I'm betting so could a whole lot us. This was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Very interesting and certainly casts some doubts on some of the theories about the over-arching theme for the 3 ep's. Also I've never heard (a) the laughter or (b) the lyric 'but me' until now.
    Except every single dropped hint seems to indicate that there is a theme and a throwback to the rest. And lets not forget that some of these themes were present in YZ (and all or TR's works they are his story in some way or another).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    the lovers song exploder is an amazing listen. i also wish there was a segment for each song on both EPs.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...07272812032000

Rob confirms that he and Trent/Atticus are on good terms.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamecat235 View Post
    Except every single dropped hint seems to indicate that there is a theme and a throwback to the rest. And lets not forget that some of these themes were present in YZ (and all or TR's works they are his story in some way or another).
    Wholly agree, was just surprised that the theme of this song wasn't more (or at all potentially) YZ themed, and was more about Trent's life. Believe me, I want it to be linked to YZ...!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...07272812032000

Rob confirms that he and Trent/Atticus are on good terms.
    Apparently he's also remarried? Seems like he's kind of gone off the deep end over the last few years...so I wouldn't expect him to admit if there is/was an issue with TR/NIN.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I wish they'd do that for all the songs on the EPs and it's amazing to hear in really concrete terms just how much Atticus brings to the table. It's no surprise at all that he's an official member of the studio band considering how much work they describe him adding to the process. I don't know if I've ever heard Trent talk this much so directly about a specific song and the process behind it.
    From everything I've heard Trent say about the creative process since they started working together, this is how it works. Trent just jams on something for a while & Atticus sorts it out. I would think Atticus at least deserves an "arranged by" credit on all the previous works.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Nin wasn't on the first big names for Hellfest 2018 france (they were reported seriously at least interested.. and all other rumors are niw confirmef).. Hellfest will announce their full lineup on 13dec

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    Apparently he's also remarried? Seems like he's kind of gone off the deep end over the last few years...so I wouldn't expect him to admit if there is/was an issue with TR/NIN.
    Gone off the deep end?

The fuck is wrong with you?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Also I've never heard (a) the laughter or (b) the lyric 'but me' until now.
    You might want to score some quality headphones and re-listen everything since the first HTDA EP.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tried looking at Robs twitter to see if he talked about any issues with TR but all i could see were 50 million political rantings and tirades in the Richard Patrick vein..How exciting and original. I thought his twitter was for his art etc. Not more boring political soapbox preachings

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    okay, bill, but his *political* tweets are informed and have (as recently as today) been picked up by major news outlets like huffpost. i don't give a shit about what transpired with the nin camp three+ years ago (jobs end, he has no obligation to explain or post *art*), but i appreciate his insight/opinions in the here and now.
    Last edited by kel; 12-06-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    okay, bill, but his *political* tweets are informed and have (as recently as today) been picked up by major news outlets like huffpost.
    Yes. At this point, anyone who is not using their platform for good is being irresponsible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Tried looking at Robs twitter to see if he talked about any issues with TR but all i could see were 50 million political rantings and tirades in the Richard Patrick vein..How exciting and original. I thought his twitter was for his art etc. Not more boring political soapbox preachings
    I think his twitter is for anything he deems worthy of posting, whether it be his art or his thoughts/opinions on the current political landscape. There's a lot of important political shit happening in the world lately, if you haven't noticed. If that doesn't interest you, don't read it. I don't mean to come off curt, but I'm tired of seeing people bitch about artists expressing their opinions as if they don't have the right to do so.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That Song Exploder episode was awesome, very interesting to hear the pair break down the song's elements. That Luminist Garden contraption sounds so damn cool.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    God forbid he talks about something other than his art or Nine Inch Nails. Dance, monkey, dance!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    That Song Exploder episode was awesome, very interesting to hear the pair break down the song's elements. That Luminist Garden contraption sounds so damn cool.
    I didn't realize there was a Luminist, Illumuinists, and Resonant Garden. I wonder if TRAR collect them like Chia Pets.