Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Mutant NINja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem (2023)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Went to the theater this weekend with the kids. They loved the movie. I enjoyed it as well, there was nothing really bad, except already outdated real world references. I really love the soundtrack, and it was great to see visuals to accompagny it. The art style is incredible!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Went to the theater this weekend with the kids. They loved the movie. I enjoyed it as well, there was nothing really bad, except already outdated real world references. I really love the soundtrack, and it was great to see visuals to accompagny it. The art style is incredible!
    The humour of this film will age incredibly badly. Not all of it but some of those references-'yikes' as the kids would say. But otherwise it's clearly well made with some passion and creativity. The score was at times incredible,worth the price of the ticket by itself tbh.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    except already outdated real world references.
    Heh, as someone who grew up watching Looney Tunes and Merry Melodies originals as reruns in the 80s, I can assure you that outdated pop culture and celebrity references might not get in the way like you might think. It's also funny in retrospect to think about all the pseudo-surfer lingo being slung by 90s TMNT despite being set in New York.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Sooo... any word on a physical release? or is this one going to be digital only?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    nin twitter just retweeted info about a fever ray video but there's still no info about the tmnt score - im starting to think theyre not saying anything because they know it will cause a shitstorm among all those "omg trent sold out" """fans"""

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I figured they were well past being worried about crap like ‘selling out’ when they did Soul. Which I love, by the way.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I went and watched the movie this past Sunday and it was awesome! I saw it in some theater with 7.1 Surround Sound. After the movie ended there is a fun to watch credit roll, then some more film and then additional credits. The best part is the second half of the credits. It was a few songs from the soundtrack at full volume and in that awesome surround sound. It ruled for sure and was totally worth sticking around until the very end.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulgaren View Post
    nin twitter just retweeted info about a fever ray video but there's still no info about the tmnt score - im starting to think theyre not saying anything because they know it will cause a shitstorm among all those "omg trent sold out" """fans"""
    As theorized earlier, they could be showing solidarity with ongoing SAG-AFTRA and WGA labour actions by not promoting it actively.
    Last edited by botley; 08-09-2023 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    As theorized earlier, they could be showing solidarity with ongoing SAG-AFTRA and WGA labour actions by not promoting it actively.
    This is a very good theory.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw the movie today - TMNT passed me by when I was young, I was just a bit too old - and really enjoyed it. Loved the graphical style and the sense of humour and was surprised by how prominent the Trent & Atticus score was. It worked really well as a match for the animation and atmosphere and also alongside the hip hop soundtrack.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This must be their most NIN-tinged score to date.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Odd question about soundtracks/scores as a whole: why aren't the songs arranged in the order that the movie has them? Wouldn't that make more sense? I only ask because I wanted to try to put together a 'complete' soundtrack playlist with the score and the songs and I found that it's harder than I thought.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Odd question about soundtracks/scores as a whole: why aren't the songs arranged in the order that the movie has them? Wouldn't that make more sense? I only ask because I wanted to try to put together a 'complete' soundtrack playlist with the score and the songs and I found that it's harder than I thought.
    Maybe they were going for album flow over timeline placement? Some tracks are in order though.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Some of them are, but some are put together based on how the tracks flow together. Trent & Atticus seem to prefer the latter overall.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Plus some tracks may appear in the movie multiple times and some don't appear at all, so keeping the music in movie order would be troublesome.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Just watched the film last night, really enjoyed it, even more so than Across the Spiderverse, this one made me laugh quite a bit more (it helped me that the lady sitting next to me was laughing out loud, so she kind of pumped me to laugh louder). My cinema had good sound, our boys’ music made the seats rumble!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Took my 7 yr old daughter to see it today - we really enjoyed it! She wants to go and see it again.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Something Underneath View Post
    The humour of this film will age incredibly badly. Not all of it but some of those references-'yikes' as the kids would say. But otherwise it's clearly well made with some passion and creativity. The score was at times incredible,worth the price of the ticket by itself tbh.
    saw it yesterday for $4 cinema day and yeah, this tracks. I heard one of the turtles say something about their "rizz"? the vomit scene was one I could see Seth pushing for to be as long as it was and for it to come back.

speaking of the vomit, why were the turtles bullying her for that? it was a weird juxtaposition to what the movie had shown us up to that point.

The film was pretty good overall, the score worked really well for most of the scenes. The only complaint I would have is that the theater was dark, I just watched a couple trailers again and the art style is so bright in those, very odd.
    Last edited by allegate; 08-28-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    This is a very good theory.
    This ultra sucks because between this and The Killer (and potentially Challengers if it drags out that long) I really want to hear the interviews about these scores. That and they deserve the recognition. But the solidarity is far more important.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mutant Mayhem is getting a spin-off game, although no mention of whether it will use music from the film - hope it does, as think a lot of those tracks would work well.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Both the movie and the soundtrack were very enjoyable. It wasn't Spider-Verse, but it wasn't trying to be, either. It was just a silly, campy, goofy, breezy, fun flick. Looked beautiful, too. Sadly they only screened it with a Greek dub, but it was well done.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Now that the writers strike is coming to an end soon, do you think they will talk about a potential physical release? I would love a physical copy...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    Now that the writers strike is coming to an end soon, do you think they will talk about a potential physical release? I would love a physical copy...
    I'm pretty sure Trent is just bored with it all and has totally given up on any presentation... He seems to be out of things to say too... Just, work... push out the instrumental, digital tracks.... Get paid... Be with family....

He didn't even bother making Ghosts 5 & 6 into physical releases, and those are NIN Halos! How many soundtracks now without anything... I wouldn't get your hopes up too high..

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    I'm pretty sure Trent is just bored with it all and has totally given up on any presentation... He seems to be out of things to say too... Just, work... push out the instrumental, digital tracks.... Get paid... Be with family....

He didn't even bother making Ghosts 5 & 6 into physical releases, and those are NIN Halos! How many soundtracks now without anything... I wouldn't get your hopes up too high..
    Also, don't forget that these soundtrack releases are ultimately at the whim, pleasure, and prerogative of the studios. They probably have little objection to a no-cost digital release of a soundtrack album that is delivered ready-made and mastered to them by TRAR, but may have issues, for a variety of reasons, with a physical release.

It varies by project and studio too. Some of them are happy to license the rights to Null Corp and let Trent do what he wants for a physical release (Netflix for Bird Box and Mank). Some of them are the ones driving the release (Disney for Soul). Some of them were just never going to get a release (mid90's, Waves), and some of them we just don't know what the hell is going on (Patriots Day).

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by All_The_Spoils View Post
    He didn't even bother making Ghosts 5 & 6 into physical releases, and those are NIN Halos!
    That probably has to do with the possibility that a good chunk of those albums is made up of material from the rejected Woman In The Window score. There's probably some legal red tape that would have to be cut through in order for that to get a physical release.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Also, don't forget that these soundtrack releases are ultimately at the whim, pleasure, and prerogative of the studios. They probably have little objection to a no-cost digital release of a soundtrack album that is delivered ready-made and mastered to them by TRAR, but may have issues, for a variety of reasons, with a physical release.
    Yep. I wish people would understand that, unlike a NIN project, Trent & Atticus don't have the final say on how these things are presented. It's not a case of "Trent & Atticus don't give a shit", it's a case of "Does the studio want to put money into something that probably only hardcore fans will buy?" They were very lucky early on when working with David Fincher that he and the studio were open to letting them have input on what was released. We were a bit spoiled with those early scores, but that was never going to be the norm when they branched out and started doing more of them.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yep. I wish people would understand that, unlike a NIN project, Trent & Atticus don't have the final say on how these things are presented. It's not a case of "Trent & Atticus don't give a shit", it's a case of "Does the studio want to put money into something that probably only hardcore fans will buy?" They were very lucky early on when working with David Fincher that he and the studio were open to letting them have input on what was released. We were a bit spoiled with those early scores, but that was never going to be the norm when they branched out and started doing more of them.
    This is all 100%. I just wish there was a little more transparency, ie: "digital only, no physical" or "digital for now, physical maybe at some point." shrug

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

It varies by project and studio too. Some of them are happy to license the rights to Null Corp and let Trent do what he wants for a physical release (Netflix for Bird Box and Mank). Some of them are the ones driving the release (Disney for Soul). Some of them were just never going to get a release (mid90's, Waves), and some of them we just don't know what the hell is going on (Patriots Day).
    I'd swallow this pill if in wasn't an ongoing trend for years now... lol There was consistency with Trent for decades... It went Album, remix release, and in most cases tour release... The live release was the first to go.. With teeth was the last we got of those... (Vevo doesn't count) Next we lost our remix release, haven't gotten one of those since year zero. He gave up on that.. And let me remind you, everything since year zero has been totally Null with him loaning out for distribution rights.. And what happened to the whole Multi-track thing... He loved that... Interscope pissed on him for that... But after year zero, he went to null and never gave us another multi-track after Ghosts. Should be pretty easy under Null. I know there is a lotta red tape, but come on... He has more liberty and freedom now then ever before... and does less with it then ever before. XD If Trent wanted a physical release with these indie films... He could make stipulations to even doing the work in the first place... He doesn't need the money. And I'm willing to bet they would be MORE then happy to have him do a physical release. lol Buuuuut... Like I said, he doesn't need the money. Realistically, at his age, and stage of life, he's just not interested in all the work of making it happen anymore.

Not that I blame him... It's his art... He can quit when ever he likes... Has a fan, we are all of course graced with his work. He's obligated to nothing, and we have really no right to expectations... I'm just saying... Human behavior and stuff...
    Last edited by All_The_Spoils; 10-10-2023 at 04:21 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    This is all 100%. I just wish there was a little more transparency, ie: "digital only, no physical" or "digital for now, physical maybe at some point." shrug
    Soon

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Of all the soundtracks that they haven't released, this one does need a physical release!

Just thinking of all the Vinyl possibilities, packaging and boxsets makes sense to both NIN and TMNT collectors...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Of all the soundtracks that they haven't released, this one does need a physical release!

Just thinking of all the Vinyl possibilities, packaging and boxsets makes sense to both NIN and TMNT collectors...
    And looking back, every single previous TMNT release has had a physical release... Even the cartoon... lol