Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trilogy's End (speculation)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fakdoo View Post
    Belew was going to be a member of the band for the 2013-2014 tour. Based on what he said in interviews a few years back, he was excited about being able to put his own spin on the catalogue, but he dropped out during rehearsals after Trent decided not to change up the live band's sound very much. Neither of them seemed sore about it, though.
    It would have been nuts to hear Palladino and Belew's takes on these decades-old NIN songs. Aside from a string interpretation, I think it would be interesting if Reznor switched everyone out for a full scale tour to reinterpret some stuff. Poor Robin's been playing "Wish" for like 23 years!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    No.

Yes.

Because the previous sales portal(s), ordering, sandbagging went so well and ran so smoothly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshcat View Post
    I logged in purely today to speculate about the (potential) imminent arrival of the third part of the trilogy

*waiting*
    And what's your speculation?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I speculate that in one of the songs Trent will imply that you/we are wasting our days being useless; and he will say/sing "Take it. Take it. Take it."
    Last edited by snaapz; 12-19-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    I speculate that in one of the songs Trent will imply that you/we are wasting our days being useless; and he will say/sing "Take it. Take it. Take it."
    I like this idea.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I speculate that he will sing about people other than himself being asleep and/or that he seems unable to awaken from a possibly metaphorical dream. He may also proclaim to no longer care.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    It would have been nuts to hear Palladino and Belew's takes on these decades-old NIN songs. Aside from a string interpretation, I think it would be interesting if Reznor switched everyone out for a full scale tour to reinterpret some stuff. Poor Robin's been playing "Wish" for like 23 years!
    Idk if its ageism but I still can't picture Belew and Palladino, 2 guys in their 60s, performing 'Wish' or 'MOTP' in a live setting....I think those guys would have worked great if TR did a Still type of acoustic/laid back tour (which he should do) but not for the regular live setting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    And what's your speculation?
    I feel fairly confident that the final part will be titled Strobe Light, seeing the band ride the recent wave of EDM/light pop success, specifically a collab with The Chainsmokers with features by Demi Lovato and Zara Larsson.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    Yes.

Because the previous sales portal(s), ordering, sandbagging went so well and ran so smoothly.
    pretty sure that's not what the NO was in reference to, it was your weird mention of jesus/god/sin. it was...really creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Idk if its ageism but I still can't picture Belew and Palladino, 2 guys in their 60s, performing 'Wish' or 'MOTP' in a live setting....I think those guys would have worked great if TR did a Still type of acoustic/laid back tour (which he should do) but not for the regular live setting
    palladino DID play march of the pigs & wish on stage with them...multiple times.

also, i'm guessing you never saw a king crimson show with belew, because he could fucking rock.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Adrian Belew is an amazing player, and I hope he rocks out with NIN & King Crimson again (reportedly, the door is still open for him to work with Crimson at least). A tour focusing on quiet/Still tracks +an instrumental/Ghosts-y set, designed to hit smaller venues needing less intense production, would be the ideal spot for him to return to NIN.
    Last edited by botley; 12-20-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Before we all know it, TR will be playing those songs in his 60's. And if he is up for it, so am I. Palladino and that whole line-up was a breath of fresh air IMO.

Back to the trilogy, I would be perfectly fine with TR releasing nothing but 5 song EP's for the rest of his NIN life. If they are coming one or two a year at most, it is a perfect dose for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ageism? Umm...you do know Trent is in his 50s right?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I honestly hope we hear something official regarding the 3rd EP before the year is out.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Ageism? Umm...you do know Trent is in his 50s right?
    He is 52....10-15 years younger than the other guys...I highly doubt 65 year old Trent is gonna be onstage singing 'Wish' and 'MOTP' anyway.....I don't think he would want that anyway..(*I Do Not Want This*) Then again he once said by the time he turned 50 he would never be doing NIN so who knows

I'm not dissing "older" musicians. Thurston Moore is pushing 60 and the dude still shreds the way he did in 1986...Neil Young is 70 and going strong. Robert Smith is pushing 60 and Nick Cave is 60 and still going strong....The overall grand spectrum of my post was a band like NIN built their entire reputation on animalistic live shows. Chaos, total insanity, breaking equipment, total aggression. Primal rage in full effect. And a lot of those songs "Wish" "MOTP" "Gave Up" "Somewhat Damaged" were birthed in that way. All I meant was having 2 dudes in their mid 60s playing those songs might look a bit odd onstage in 2017. They may be able to pull it off, but it would be a different vibe. Esp considering 2017 NIN seems to be much more aggressive live than 2013 NIN which was like TR punching a time clock.
    Last edited by Helpmeiaminhell (is now in hell); 12-20-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    He is 52....10-15 years younger than the other guys...I highly doubt 65 year old Trent is gonna be onstage singing 'Wish' and 'MOTP'.....I don't think he would want that anyway..(*I Do Not Want This*) Then again he once said by the time he turned 50 he would never be doing NIN so who knows

I'm not dissing "older" musicians. Thurston Moore is pushing 60 and the dude still shreds the way he did in 1986...Neil Young is 70 and going strong. Robert Smith is pushing 60 and Nick Cave is 60 and still going strong....The overall grand spectrum of my post was a band like NIN built their entire reputation on animalistic live shows. Chaos, total insanity, breaking equipment, total aggression. Primal rage in full effect. And a lot of those songs "Wish" "MOTP" "Gave Up" were birthed in that way. All I meant was having 2 dudes in their mid 60s playing those songs might look a bit odd onstage in 2017. They may be able to pull it off, but it would be a different vibe. Esp considering 2017 NIN seems to be much more aggressive live than 2013 NIN which was like punching a timeclock.

Consider ACDC. Those men are original hard rockers... and they were rocking in their 60s... Rolling Stones are fucking 70+... people are lasting much longer these days.

so... yes... Trent will be doing March Of the Pigs while you hobble around on your walker.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I would be thrilled if Reznor still plays wish into his sixties. That means I’m going to nin shows in my fourties. Sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The overall grand spectrum of my post was a band like NIN built their entire reputation on animalistic live shows. Chaos, total insanity, breaking equipment, total aggression. Primal rage in full effect.
    I'm pretty sure they've moved on from "let's trash the stage for effect!" for the most part. The aggression is still there, but not everyone in the band needs to be running around on stage. Trent picked those guys because they're good musicians first, and that's what's really important.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I would be thrilled if Reznor still plays wish into his sixties. That means I’m going to nin shows in my fourties. Sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are NIN fans in their 60s and 70s so it should be no issue. Age is nothing but a number.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    2017 NIN seems to be much more aggressive live than 2013 NIN which was like TR punching a time clock.
    Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    60 years sound like life has just begun nearside Methuselah's 969.
    That makes me happy I'm only 41. Damn, so much people have died since I have lived...

I speculate that he will sing about people other than himself being asleep and/or that he seems unable to awaken from a possibly metaphorical dream. He may also proclaim to no longer care.
    That was so funny. Finally Awake EP.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    For the record, I'd be down for 65 year old TR still doing NIN....Not sure if he would be down for it though. By that point, he will most likely be settled into his full time career as a film composer

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    He is 52....10-15 years younger than the other guys...I highly doubt 65 year old Trent is gonna be onstage singing 'Wish' and 'MOTP' anyway.....I don't think he would want that anyway..(*I Do Not Want This*) Then again he once said by the time he turned 50 he would never be doing NIN so who knows

I'm not dissing "older" musicians. Thurston Moore is pushing 60 and the dude still shreds the way he did in 1986...Neil Young is 70 and going strong. Robert Smith is pushing 60 and Nick Cave is 60 and still going strong....The overall grand spectrum of my post was a band like NIN built their entire reputation on animalistic live shows. Chaos, total insanity, breaking equipment, total aggression. Primal rage in full effect. And a lot of those songs "Wish" "MOTP" "Gave Up" "Somewhat Damaged" were birthed in that way. All I meant was having 2 dudes in their mid 60s playing those songs might look a bit odd onstage in 2017. They may be able to pull it off, but it would be a different vibe. Esp considering 2017 NIN seems to be much more aggressive live than 2013 NIN which was like TR punching a time clock.

In regards to music, I truly believe that age is nothing but a number. If you can put out great music then there shouldn't be any guilt whatsoever. Good music is good music.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    In regards to music, I truly believe that age is nothing but a number. If you can put out great music then there shouldn't be any guilt whatsoever. Good music is good music.
    Exactly. Good music transcends barriers of age, race, socioeconomic status, etc. And Trent makes some fucking good music. So good that even older gentlemen who are into hamsters enjoy it too:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Exactly. Good music transcends barriers of age, race, socioeconomic status, etc. And Trent makes some fucking good music. So good that even older gentlemen who are into hamsters enjoy it too:

That was one of the strangest and coolest things I've watched related to NIN.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

This is the only reaction channel which has value and purpose, love this guy.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    This is the only reaction channel which has value and purpose, love this guy.
    Pffftt hahaha. This video has everything... interpretive chair dancing, whimsical music, stories of dropping acid, all while a hamster wheel consistently creeks in the background. Genius.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The last part of the trilogy will be released on 12/25. That's all you need to know.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    The last part of the trilogy will be released on 12/25. That's all you need to know.
    Well we'll see

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    I feel like you're about to have a pretty disappointing xmas, dude.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I feel like you're about to have a pretty disappointing xmas, dude.
    Doubt that...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk