Page 85 of 131 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 3920

Thread: Shitty Music. (The Nickelback Thread)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Hybrid Theory and Meteora are still great records in my book but what the fuck is this?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    OK, yes, the Beatles were already imploding, but Yoko certainly sped things up... she would attend rehearsals and songwriting sessions... John and her would play ludicrous games in the studio just to try to piss McCartney off. There was already enough passive-aggressive shit going on within the band, but it almost seemed like she and John wanted it to escalate to breaking point. I think George left because he saw the clear writing on the wall.
    No. Paul and John were "breaking up" like a marriage. Paul was depressed about it, about the looming Beatles breakup, and Linda came along to save him. And Yoko saved John in the same way.

But that didn't stop the "divorce" aspect of the breakup of John and Paul. Read John's scathing letter to Paul and Linda at the time. LOTS was going on.

Back when I was a kid, there was this joke:

"What do you call a dog with wings?" Linda McCartney

Both Linda and Yoko received scathing treatment from Beatles fans.

See THIS PAUL INTERVIEW from 1971.

"The whole Beatle thing -- it's like it was all years ago -- like going back a distance more than anything. And that's the whole point. The Beatles are really finished, over with, and it's just each of us alone now, living our lives the way we choose. I think while the Beatles were on -- I can't really use any other word -- while they were just on, there was no question of any of these normal hangups interfering with it because we just had an understanding. It's like a married couple. When we started off we were all aiming for pretty much the same thing. I think the troubles really began when we weren't aiming anymore for the same thing, which began, I think, when we stopped touring in 1966. During the making of the White Album, Ringo left the group saying he wasn't 'getting through' to the rest of us. But he came back in two days. By the time we made Abbey Road, John and I were openly critical of each other's music and I felt John wasn't much interested in performing anything he hadn't written himself. When we made the 'Let It Be' album, George walked out over a row about the performance of some songs -- and said he was leaving the group. A few days later there was a meeting at Ringo's house, and he agreed to come back at least until the recording was finished."

"So I felt the split coming. And John kept saying we were musically standing still. One night -- this was the autumn of '69 -- Linda and I were lying there, talking about it, and I thought, 'That's what I miss, and what they miss too -- Playing.' Because we hadn't actually played for anyone for a long time. And being an actual good musician requires this contact with people all the time. The human thing. So I came into the idea of going to village halls which hold a couple of hundred people. Have someone book the hall and put up posters saying, maybe, 'Ricky and Redstreaks, Saturday Night.' And we'd just turn up there in a van and people would arrive and we'd be there. I thought that was great. John said, 'You're daft.'"

"At this time John's thing was playing for 200,000 people because he'd been at a big festival or something. So he wanted to do that. And I can see now what he thought. I can see which way John sees progress. I see it sometimes another way."

"We were talking in the Apple offices. Ringo was there -- he agreed -- and maybe George wasn't there. So then John says, 'Anyway, I'm leaving the group.' He said, 'I want a divorce.' He literally said, 'I want a divorce.' And for the first time ever, he meant it. So that just hit everyone. All of us realized that this great thing that we'd been part of was no longer to be. This was the chop. That hits anyone, no matter what it is. It's like leaving school, and you love it then it hits like a chop. Or whatever your thing is. Our thing was the Beatles."
    "I do think if it were just up to the four of us, if we were totally unencumbered, we would have had a dissolution -- I hate these heavy terms -- the day after John said he was leaving. We would have picked up our bags -- these are my shoes, that's my ball, that's your ball -- and gone. And I still maintain that's the only way, to actually go and do that, no matter what things are involved on a business level. But of course we aren't four fellows. We are part of a big business machine. Even though the Beatles have really stopped, the Beatle thing goes on-- repackaging the albums, putting tracks together in different forms, and the video coming in. So that's why I've had to sue in the courts to dissolve the Beatles, to do on a business level what we should have done on a four-fellows level. I feel it just has to come. We used to get asked at press conferences, 'What are you going to do when the bubble bursts?' When I talked to John just the other day, he said something about, 'Well, the bubble's going to burst.' And I said, 'It has burst. That's the point. That's why I've had to do this, why l had to apply to the court. You don't think I really enjoy doing that kind of stuff. I had to do it because the bubble has burst-- everywhere but on paper.' That's the only place we're tied now."

"You see, there was a partnership contract put together years ago to hold us together as a group for 10 years. Anything anybody wanted to do -- put out a record, anything -- he had to get the others' permission. Because of what we were then, none of us ever looked at it when we signed it. We signed it in '67 and discovered it last year. We discovered this contract that bound us for 10 years. So it's 'Oh gosh, Oh golly, Oh heck,' you know. 'Now, boys, can we tear it up, please?' But the trouble is, the other three have been advised not to tear it up. They've been advised that if they tear it up, there will be serious, bad consequences for them. The point, though, to me was that it began to look like a three-to-one vote, which is what in fact happened at a couple of business meetings. It was three to one. That's how Allen Klein got to be the manager of Apple, which I didn't want. But they didn't need my approval."

"Listen, it's not the boys. It's not the other three. The four of us, I think, still quite like each other. I don't think there is bad blood, not from my side anyway. I spoke to the others quite recently and there didn't sound like any from theirs. So it's a business thing. It's Allen Klein. Early in '69 John took him on as business manager and wanted the rest of us to do it too. That was just the irreconcilable difference between us."
    See: Paul McCartney sues to break up the Beatles.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-16-2017 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yoko did not break up the Beatles, the band was already dying when she arrived...

On her defense i'll say she was some very good solo-songs like "Death of Samantha"

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I like Yoko's stuff. Especially on the Double Fantasy album which is my third favorite John Lennon album. Plus, how can anyone not love this song?
    That song was inspired by Lake Michigan and Chicago.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Beyonce is shit..
    Adele is shit.....
    Yoko Ono was always shit...Jackson Pollock is an artist...Yoko Ono is not....she has no talent, never had any talent...she alone...is responsible for destroying the Beatles..
    It's interesting that you used Jackson Pollock (a very divisive artist) as an example of how Yoko Ono (a divisive artist) has no talent. I've seen just as many people, if not more argue that Jackson Pollock is a talent-less fraud.
    Last edited by zecho; 03-03-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Linkin Park's newest single, Heavy. Seriously... Kiiara is good, and that's all.

Now, I know LP will never even come close to the perfection of HT and Meteora, and that's fine. But this song is an all time low. I don't mind the poppiness, I think Living Things is the best thing LP did since Meteora (at least as a record) and that was poppy as hell. Castle of Glass or Burn It Down are great examples of going the pop route, and I'll be gone is the closest we will ever hear LP to Meteora (Hybrid Theory is just a fading memory at this point, don't even try to compare it with the hunting party lmao).

Sadly, the mantra of "this is shit, not LP" has been vandalized so much, that if you say LP did something shitty, people won't even bat an eye. The blind fans will just say it's brave new stuff. No, it's not brave and not new. LP already did this, but better. Twice, actually - Living Things and Thousand Suns. God, I am really torn if I want to pay a shitload of money to see them live this summer...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I liked Linkin Park during Hybrid Theory/Meteora era. Hey, I was in high school, alright?
    I still give those songs a spin occasionally, but everything after Meteora is unlistenable to me.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    NEVAR FORGET

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've been on both sides of the argument about Yoko and the Beatles. I ultimately come down here: I agree the Beatles were exploding, and likening it to a divorce is apt... but like with a heated relationship, perhaps a counselor can help you overcome the relationship issues and get back to what made you fall in love in the first place.

On that same note, there's always that friend who might just swoop in with some shitty advice, comforting confirmation bias, and friendly encouragement to move on with your life.

Yoko was not the shrink trying to figure out how to save the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Linkin Park's newest single, Heavy. Seriously... Kiiara is good, and that's all.

Now, I know LP will never even come close to the perfection of HT and Meteora, and that's fine.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA... of course you're a Linkin Park fan. Who'd have guessed?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-16-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    HAHAHAHAHAHA... of course you're a Linkin Park fan. Who'd have guessed?
    Oh look, a self-acclaimed open-minded person acting as the narrow-minded idiot he is! Color me surprised!

I am not an LP fan, but I was indeed the stereotypical 90s kid, growing up on the now classic LP/Korn/SOAD/Slipknot music, busting out Down With The Sickness from Disturbed, thriving in the pinnacle of internet boards and online communities and getting trojans from Kazaam. Good times.

M2M was a let down, and LP slowly but surely faded out for me. I still care for what they produce, and I respect some of their work as an artist, but they lost their appeal. Hybrid Theory and Meteora, however, were my big love after Daft Punk's One More Time, and I even listened to HT on a fucking casette. I still remember the day I first saw the music video for Faint, and when I got Meteora for my name day, listening to it all night long, while reading the booklet, not understanding half the shit that was written there.

That kind of nostalgy is uneraseable, and to me, HT and Meteora are still quality records, and 20 years from now, those will be the Master Of Puppets of that era - whether deservingly or not, is up to anyone's taste, but you can't talk about music in the early 2000s without mentioning LP. I had no chance to be deeply impacted by TDS as a 3 year old, nor being blown away by the complexity of TF as a 9 year old, so HT and Meteora (+Discovery) were my "woah, dude" records.

I find some good tracks here and there on the new records, and I am sure this one will not be any different, but Heavy is so far my biggest disappointment after the realization back then that HT and Meteora will never ever be repeated.

But hey, good for you for being able to profile a 90s kid whose favorite band was LP, I never knew it was such a telltale of a personality trait.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Oh look, a self-acclaimed open-minded person acting as the narrow-minded idiot he is! Color me surprised!

I am not an LP fan
    You say their first two albums are "perfection," and then you say you're not a fan... Confusing!

but I was indeed the stereotypical 90s kid, growing up on the now classic LP/Korn/SOAD/Slipknot music, busting out Down With The Sickness from Disturbed, thriving in the pinnacle of internet boards and online communities and getting trojans from Kazaam. Good times.
    classic Disturbed!

I even listened to HT on a fucking casette.
    Punk as fuck...

you can't talk about music in the early 2000s without mentioning LP.
    Yes you can.

But hey, good for you for being able to profile a 90s kid whose favorite band was LP, I never knew it was such a telltale of a personality trait.
    Good on you for blaming your birthday for having bad taste.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    It's interesting that you used Jackson Pollock (a very divisive artist) as an example of how Yoko Ono (a divisive artist). I've seen just as many people, if not more argue that Jackson Pollock is a talent-less fraud.
    I think Jackson Pollock is the greatest painter of the 20th century....i find his work mesmerizing. So intense..its magnetic...his paintings sell for like 100 million dollars...i was under the impression he was regarded the greatest painter of the 20th century..

i know he is polarising. But ive always been sucked in to his paintings...i get why people dont like him...but i think he was amazing
    Last edited by Exocet; 02-16-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I will give credit to Chester Bennington for being a good rock singer and a commanding frontman. Saw him a few times with STP and Kings of Choas and he put on a solid show. He nailed "White Wedding," "Sun King" and of course the STP stuff. He's got the chops, I'm just not crazy about Linkin Park, although some of their songs are alright.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

You say their first two albums are "perfection," and then you say you're not a fan... Confusing!

classic Disturbed!

Punk as fuck...

Yes you can.

Don't bust his balls, I have albums by Warrant and Poison on my i-pod. Hey, it's great for a listening to on a jog.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    i was under the impression he was regarded the greatest painter of the 20th century.
    Um ... no.

That totally discounts Salvador Dali, Piet Mondrian, Wassily Kandinsky, Henri Matisse, Pablo Picasso, Paul Klee, Marcel Duchamp, Marc Chagall, Amedeo Modigliani, René Magritte, Joan Miró, Ivan Albright, Georgia O'Keefe, Frida Kahlo, etc.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-16-2017 at 06:57 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Don't bust his balls, I have albums by Warrant and Poison on my i-pod. Hey, it's great for a listening to on a jog.
    When I was a kid, someone gave me a cassette copy of Cherry Pie by Warrant. I hadn't heard much "new" rock music at that point, so I listened to it and enjoyed some moments on it.. I especially liked the "secret track" where it cobbled together a bunch of instances where the singer said the word "fuck"

Then I stopped being ten years old and realized Warrant sucked... and yet they're still infinitely cooler than Linkin Park

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yoko was not the shrink trying to figure out how to save the relationship.
    Nor was that her job; she was actually instrumental in reuniting John and Paul many years later, just to get John to stop bitching and moaning about Paul all the time. There were 3 people in that relationship, and if Paul's gonna constantly be "around" then she figured they might as well involve him physically.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I didn't think Linkin Park could sound so shitty as they did with the generic Minutes to Midnight but now 11 years (yes?) they achieved it again.

I have never liked this band. So I'm not surprised I don't like it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    When I was a kid, someone gave me a cassette copy of Cherry Pie by Warrant. I hadn't heard much "new" rock music at that point, so I listened to it and enjoyed some moments on it.. I especially liked the "secret track" where it cobbled together a bunch of instances where the singer said the word "fuck"

Then I stopped being ten years old and realized Warrant sucked... and yet they're still infinitely cooler than Linkin Park
    It's not great music, but it represents a period in time. I loved watching "Brent Michaels' Rock of Love" (we were ADDICTED to that show, like a bad train wreck) not because I loved Poison but, hey, it's fucking BRENT MICHAELS. Like, have you ever read Motley Crue's "The Dirt?" I swear, that's one of the BEST FUCKING BOOKS I EVER READ. "Fucking" being literal. Like, the story of Tommy and Nikki in a limo and Tommy is banging a girl from the back end while she's blowing Nikki. Now, really, who DOES that, anymore? Who SHARES a girlfriend with bandmates in a hot tub? It's harkening to a day gone by, like Def Leppard on Behind the Music. It was shitty music by a classical or definitive sense but it sure as hell was FUN(NY). Especially if you didn't PARTICIPATE in the debauchery but watched it like a crazy deviant rock circus.

Like THIS!!

Last edited by allegro; 02-16-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

classic Disturbed!

Punk as fuck...

Yes you can.

Musical taste is subjective, not sure what you are on about. I do like those records, but I also consider NIN to be my favorite "band", so you have to reach big if you want to twist it around, trying to prove I have an objectively bad taste when I love the same shit as you do as well.

And why would my birthday not matter? Teenage years are pretty influential for every individual, so the place and circumstances you get to experience it shapes you greatly. I remember, I was around 17 when my doc (had a sore throat or something) randomly told me to enjoy myself because this is the most important time of my life. I was like wtf, but in hindsight I understand what he meant (in the context he meant it, of course). It was like a carefree sandbag mode of acting like adults. Our core friend circle is still based on high-school acquintances, and having our first 5 years reunion last year was some The Offsrping - The Kids Aren't Alright shit right there.
    Among other things, music you were hooked on so much are bound to be close to your heart. My father was listening to a bunch of songs to which they were acting all rebellious against the Communist regime, and why I dug some of those, they could never have the same impact on me, as it was him and his friends who got beaten the fuck up by the police after those concerts and such. While my experience with LP was less dramatic, as I was among the first generation to be born into democracy and capitalism, I still hold it dear. The sole reason I'll probably go to their show at VOLT is because a friend of mine is so adamant about it. He hasn't listened to anything since M2M (refuses to) and our taste differs quite a bit, as I am more into melodic stuff, while he digs more technical music, HT and Meteora were still enough to make him buy an obnoxiously overpriced ticket blindly. So yes, age does not matter.

And no, you can't ignore Linkin Park if you are discussing early 2000 music, because you can't ignore nu-metal. While nu-metal has been in the works for way earlier than the 2000s, they exploded into the mainstream back then. Whether it was one hit wonders (Crazy Town), hip-hop oriented (Limp Bizkit), metal oriented (Slipknot) or I can't even defy what-oriented (POD, Papa Roach) it was fucking everywhere. Kids with SOAD-LP-Korn-Slipknot shirts, baseball hats with LB logos and all the smuggling of CDs with pirated nu metal songs. It was the last time heavy music was commercial TV and radio friendly.

Wow bud, which one do you hate more? Dry statistics or undeniable mainstream domination? You might've forgotten or chose to ignore the latter, so let's summon the numbers, shall we? Do you want to know the three most successful bands/performers from 2000-2004 excluding The Beatles? Of course you don't, because they were Eminem, Linkin Park and Avril Lavigne. Britney Spears.

Linkin Park is the only metal band who sold at least 10 million copies of a record in the 2000s. Linkin Park is the only metal band for 17 years now, who managed to sell more copies in a given year than anyone else in the world. Linkin Park is the most commercially successful metal band of the 2000s, and they did the whole feat within 4 years.

Damn dude, did you get consumed by alternative facts or what happened? You had a cryofreeze? Even the latter is not an excuse, because there are plenty of ways to educate yourself on what went down in early 2000 if you somehow missed it, let alone be so confident in claiming such bullshit.

Well, if you are 40 then I guess listening to a cassette is about as interesting as traveling by a car, but compared to where the technology now, cassettes and VHSs seem like dinosaur stuff. And it's pretty funny imo to think about such a hip band as LP being on a cassette.

And not being a fan does not mean I can't be over the moon for some of their work. I consider myself a NIN fan, because I am still enjoying everything they put out, I am investing (and enjoying, this is the key part) myself in some discussion about their music (or just reading others theories about their stuff), crossing my fingers to see them again live, instabuying my tickets, and overall, feeling like that they define everything I love and want from music as an art. While HT and Meteora are such records (not surprisingly, given how the guys are a fan of NIN, obviously borrowing ideas and ways to approach their music), their later work never really resonated with me. NIN did a bunch of weird and different stuff and remained NIN; LP did the same, but they abandoned themselves - which is their choice and I won't judge them for it.

I like the fact that you are so blatantly and factually wrong, given your arrogance in other areas of life, but I won't jump on the easy (and cheap) opportunity to try to make a connection, because your basic incomprehension about music does not say anything else about you, and I can only hope that when you are as adamant about spreading your views on other topics, you actually know what you are talking about, unlike here. You are not entirely wrong about one thing though, which is the quality of the first two Linkin Park records. That is a subjective question, which can not really be debunked by facts, so to that one I have to agree to disagree with. It's definitely an interesting topic, but I think discussing it with someone who thinks Linkin Park was not influential in the music industry in the early 2000s would be like discussing racism with a KKK member - the whole premise is doomed. So let's just agree you think that they are overhyped shit, while I think they are nearly perfect, in their genre especially.

Now, you can pick one of the following:
    - Say that you were just trolling and I got Jebaited, and I just typed out stuff you knew already, so jokes on me. You got me, bud!
    - Say that sale records are manipulated by the Illuminati, you never even heard a nu-metal song (let alone a Linkin Park one) in the early 2000s and that your beloved garage band who made a breakthrough performance in front of 136 attendants in your local bar was more influential and prominent in the early 2000s than this Linkin Park I keep mentioning.
    - Given the length of my post and me being prone to phrase certain sentences, not ideally since my brain tends to fuck me over when it comes to English, just grab one or two sentences or words out of context and twist them around so you can sound smart or even right.
    - Resort to the classic "wow, you are so wrong and I am so right that I won't even try to argue your points, because I am right". If someone could win the freakin' presidential election with this same tactic, then I am sure a mere argument on an online board is easy-peasy for this method.
    - Surprise me!

In any case, my somewhat qualified advice to you is to leave your presumptions and judgements at the door. You made an ass out of yourself just because you don't like me for not seeing eye to in an entirely different topic, so you came in here all trigger-happy to "pwn me", because that would've made you even more validated in our argument from a... week ago or so? For someone campaigning against a short-minded, hateful individual who holds grudges worse than a little child, you sure show your peers how a normal, adult human being should behave! Maybe when you reach the depths of trying to make assumptions based on me (or anyone else, for that matter) liking two of the most famous records in the early 2000s, you should sprinkle some water onto your face. We have such liberal and accepting threads on this board where gay and transgender people can gather and discuss stuff, and I am being bashed out of spite for liking a certain kind of music?! ayyyyyyy

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I didn't think Linkin Park could sound so shitty as they did with the generic Minutes to Midnight but now 11 years (yes?) they achieved it again.

I have never liked this band. So I'm not surprised I don't like it.
    "The Little Things that Give You Away" is the best song they ever recorded, imho.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Haha, that's pretty funny. Funny how you wrote about not being ten years old--to me, that's kind of the appeal. Now and then I can take a trip down memory lane and forget about my adult problems and enjoy the cheesy shit of my youth.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It's not great music, but it represents a period in time. I loved watching "Brent Michaels' Rock of Love" (we were ADDICTED to that show, like a bad train wreck) not because I loved Poison but, hey, it's fucking BRENT MICHAELS. Like, have you ever read Motley Crue's "The Dirt?" I swear, that's one of the BEST FUCKING BOOKS I EVER READ. "Fucking" being literal. Like, the story of Tommy and Nikki in a limo and Tommy is banging a girl from the back end while she's blowing Nikki. Now, really, who DOES that, anymore? Who SHARES a girlfriend with bandmates in a hot tub? It's harkening to a day gone by, like Def Leppard on Behind the Music. It was shitty music by a classical or definitive sense but it sure as hell was FUN(NY). Especially if you didn't PARTICIPATE in the debauchery but watched it like a crazy deviant rock circus.

Like THIS!!

Why can't I "like" this post? Well said.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Why can't I "like" this post? Well said.

Nikki Sixx wrote "Kickstart my Heart" after he OD'd, died, they brought him back, he got out of the hospital, went home and put "Hi, I'm Dead" on his answering machine, LOL LOL.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Dude my playlist goes like:
    Thousand Foot Krutch (christian rock, positive stuff)
    NIN
    Linkin Park
    Slayer (thrash meta - satanic themes, genocide, nazi themes)
    Lady Gaga (pop - LMQT activist, feminist)
    Kanye West (rap, hip-hop - black lives activist, in his own way, hah)
    some Hungarian punk-rock
    In Flames (metal, melodic death metal)
    Natalie Kills (pop - she has that song about sex with bdsm vibe, so it's all cool, guys)
    Celldweller (electroniccccccc)
    Hammerfall (power metal)
    Cradle Of Filth (whateverthefuck metal - blood, sex, death)
    Scooter (techno, EDM)
    R3hab (EDM)
    Cryptex (glitch-hop)
    Django - Unchained OST (rap/alt-rock/pop)
    Eminem (rap)
    Evanescence (alt-rock)
    Ladytron (electronicccccccc)
    Sum 41 (punk-rock)
    Fleetwood Mac (ahahaha, come on, The Chain is epic...)
    Gorillaz (hip-hop)
    Five Finger Death Punch (metal)
    Machine Head (metal)
    Mudvayne (metal)
    Rise Against (alt-rock)
    Skilet (christian metal, praised be God!)
    Turmion Katilot (finnish industrial band, what else!)
    Rob Zombie (industrial rock)
    Hardwell (edm)
    Rihanna (pop)
    Childish Gambino (hip-hop/pop)
    Adele (pop)
    Soilwork (melodic death metal)
    Frank Ocean (rap, hip-hop)
    Limp Bizkit (numetal)
    Korn (numetal)
    OSI (progressive)
    Slipknot (numetal)

but I had Brooklyn Bounce, Dead Or Alive, Placebo, Hungarian pop, other EDM artists, Metallica, Rammstein, Sonata Arctica, Ellie Goulding, Fatboy Slim, Timbaland, Parov Stelar, The Prodigy, Psy, Nightwish, Demi Lovato...........

I am well armed to please and piss off everyone simultaneously. Needless to say, the results are mixed when people are asking for my media player. It's a dice-roll whether their initial reaction is "OMG, I LOVE THIS!" or the look of disappointment to which I have to starts explaining myself that I actually listen to other stuff too. Then I get some unlucky rolls and he gets three Lady gaga song in a row cuz that shit is on shuffle, and when I ask him to at least press next one last time and it starts playing Ellie Goulding and I'm like whatever....

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    "The Little Things that Give You Away" is the best song they ever recorded, imho.
    Woah, woah, woah....

That's brave.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Dude my playlist goes like:
    Thousand Foot Krutch (christian rock, positive stuff)
    NIN
    Linkin Park
    Slayer (thrash meta - satanic themes, genocide, nazi themes)
    Lady Gaga (pop - LMQT activist, feminist)
    Kanye West (rap, hip-hop - black lives activist, in his own way, hah)
    some Hungarian punk-rock
    In Flames (metal, melodic death metal)
    Natalie Kills (pop - she has that song about sex with bdsm vibe, so it's all cool, guys)
    Celldweller (electroniccccccc)
    Hammerfall (power metal)
    Cradle Of Filth (whateverthefuck metal - blood, sex, death)
    Scooter (techno, EDM)
    R3hab (EDM)
    Cryptex (glitch-hop)
    Django - Unchained OST (rap/alt-rock/pop)
    Eminem (rap)
    Evanescence (alt-rock)
    Ladytron (electronicccccccc)
    Sum 41 (punk-rock)
    Fleetwood Mac (ahahaha, come on, The Chain is epic...)
    Gorillaz (hip-hop)
    Five Finger Death Punch (metal)
    Machine Head (metal)
    Mudvayne (metal)
    Rise Against (alt-rock)
    Skilet (christian metal, praised be God!)
    Turmion Katilot (finnish industrial band, what else!)
    Rob Zombie (industrial rock)
    Hardwell (edm)
    Rihanna (pop)
    Childish Gambino (hip-hop/pop)
    Adele (pop)
    Soilwork (melodic death metal)
    Frank Ocean (rap, hip-hop)
    Limp Bizkit (numetal)
    Korn (numetal)
    OSI (progressive)
    Slipknot (numetal)

but I had Brooklyn Bounce, Dead Or Alive, Placebo, Hungarian pop, other EDM artists, Metallica, Rammstein, Sonata Arctica, Ellie Goulding, Fatboy Slim, Timbaland, Parov Stelar, The Prodigy, Psy, Nightwish, Demi Lovato...........

I am well armed to please and piss off everyone simultaneously. Needless to say, the results are mixed when people are asking for my media player. It's a dice-roll whether their initial reaction is "OMG, I LOVE THIS!" or the look of disappointment to which I have to starts explaining myself that I actually listen to other stuff too. Then I get some unlucky rolls and he gets three Lady gaga song in a row cuz that shit is on shuffle, and when I ask him to at least press next one last time and it starts playing Ellie Goulding and I'm like whatever....
    Variety is the spice of life. You need some Frank and Dean though.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Woah, woah, woah....

That's brave.
    It's a nice vocal that fits with the flow of the song. Is it "Stairway"? No. But I like it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    You Yanks dont understand how great Jackson Pollock was.....you are ungrateful....

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    LMQT activist
    what does that mean? i googled, got some stuff about stocks.