Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sons of Anarchy - (Spoilers)

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    For me, it all depends on the final episode. Spoiler: I want this show to end in a tragic way, because well... all of them are scumbags. Everyone paid for their sins so far. A shame Unser had to go, but hey... he trusted Jackson! I'm guessing the club votes Jax out and they go Reaper on his ass. But knowing the show (and showrunner) and as the poster before me said, ''oh there it is'' I'm guessing Jax survives and all of the club members that are still alive will ride into the sunset together.
    i expect it to end tragically, because it has that whole Shakesperean tragedy vibe, you know? Spoiler: i don't think jax will survive. i think that happy, tig, and chibs will tearfully execute him. one thing i am wondering about is the bylaw jax wants changed. Could it possibly be the race thing, and maybe he wants to patch in the mayans or the bastards to go to war against...i don't know who...i have to admit i'm having a bit of a hard time keeping up with what's going on with all the various gangs. I feel pretty sure jax is going to die though. if he doesn't, it will just kill the theme, you know?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Major sad feelings that entire episode. Neat metaphors with the episode name ("Red Rose"). The garden where Jax shot her had white roses and she was shot in cold blood amidst them. Painting the roses red. Red with blood. Red Rose. That's what I got out of the name.

Unser I wasn't too upset or surprised about. He helped the club for years and finally a club member killed him when he wouldn't look away to a crime that could have been committed. Cruel irony. Unfortunately, he wanted it as he was tired of it all and did what he tried to do best: his job.

It sucked to watch Juice get killed but I'm glad he did it on his own terms and at a time when he knew it was coming. He became a force to be reckoned with and tried to be as loyal as possible to anyone. Things don't work out like that though.

I like Jax as a character throughout the entire series but his cold blooded killing needs to be put to an end. His meeting of Mr. Mayhem is a proper way to pay for his crimes, by having the club he loves and resides over take his life away.

Time for Papa's Goods Tuesday!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yeah, I predict that Jax will have Spoiler: a death scene that mirrors Gemma's, telling the guys what they mean to him, and telling Chibs to go ahead and kill him. "You have to do this, it's who we are, it's OK..."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ENDING SPOILER ALERT

Well, there is a companion book that was to be shipped out to fans after the finale, a coffee table book of sorts, with final memoriams and whatnot...and of course...of course...a few copies were accidentally shipped early, and it took all of an hour or two for the big finale spoiler to show up online (it is the internet in 2014 after all)...people are pissed, Sutter released a statement including a sincere apology...

It has been brought to my attention that our SOA Collector’s Edition Book has been sent out a week early by some distributors and book outlets. This book contains details about the final episode of the series. This, my friends, is a storyteller’s worst nightmare. I wanted this book to be a compliment to the show. It contains personal messages and photos from the cast, in-depth behind the scenes information and a detailed breakdown of episodes. It’s a smart, well-conceived book that I was very excited for the fans to have.

AFTER the motherucking finale. There are a thousand fucking people I can blame. And I assure you, by the time I am done, my fucking basket will be filled with heads of incompetent cunts. But as far as the fans go, the burden is on me.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 12-07-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm not going to read the spoilers but why do people love to chime high and sing from the rafters about plots of tv shows and movies online before the things are aired or released? I never could, can or will understand.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sons of Anarchy - (Spoilers)

Why even post that in here? If people want to know they can find it for themselves. It's somewhat easy to accidentally see something in a spoiler on here since all you have to do is pass the mouse over it

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm not going to read the spoilers but why do people love to chime high and sing from the rafters about plots of tv shows and movies online before the things are aired or released? I never could, can or will understand.
    the only "spoilers" i've posted are about episodes that have already aired...just for the sake of the people who haven't seen them yet, since a lot of folk don't watch tv the same way these days. i'm pretty sure that's what all the "spoilers" here are.

i sincerely hope that none of the "predictions" ( i'm looking at you, @jessamineny ) i've read in this thread are actually what's going to happen, posted by people who read REAL spoilers.

But if so, it's not THAT big of a deal.

So who's ready for it?! Just a few more hours!
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-09-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I just wanna know how I'm going to watch this without TPB

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    https://kickass.so/

i'm on top of it.
    you click the little magnet symbols (for legal media downloads only, of course.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I use couchtuner, probably plenty of other sites as well but this one works fine for me

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I actually found a leak last night, and watched it before it aired. Spoiler: I liked my ending better.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's because folk can't say "first" on here like on youtube.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Bit underwhelming! Ok though, not a huge disappointment.

But TBH I suspect I'd never be happy with anything - I very rarely like finales (blakes 7 being the exception)

All in all, a good series, worth sticking with it all the way. Not sure I could be arsed to watch it again though

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I liked it. I think any who have followed for a while had a pretty good idea of where it would end up; the interesting and compelling part was seeing how what we probably knew would happen would unfold.

I loved the use of Adam Raised a Cain at the beginning. Almost as if that song was written close to 30 years ago for the scene.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    As a Shield fan, I thought it was interesting that Sutter chose to use Spoiler: the same truck driver as the one Gemma met up in OR (the Michael Chiklis character) for the final scene.

I didn't stay up to watch the after-show, but apparently this is what Kurt had to say about it:
    http://www.people.com/article/sons-o...ale-the-shield

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was okay with the way everything wrapped up. Couldn't help but get a little emotional during the few last scenes, mainly because I've stuck with this show from the beginning. We all knew it was going to be a bit over the top.....but it worked in my opinion.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Surprised they didn't do an "x years later" montage bit and maybe show what life after Jax would have been like for Charming or the kids, probably would have been too cheesy though and definitely not necessary.

It ended just fine i suppose.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I liked the finale. Haven't really cared for the last couples seasons but they tied it up nicely. Glad I stuck with it

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just finished it. :'(

I must say I'm sad that the show is over now. Wah!

Spoiler: I was also dismayed and saddened by that entire final montage. The song was a really, really great choice. I get the ending and it totally tied into the entire fulfilling his father's legacy and his punishment for what he has done. Anyone who hates it didn't really fully understand what the series was about. Not to mention what Jury said a few episodes ago about his father intentionally killing himself on the road. It makes even more sense on that speculation. Not to mention, Opie in season five was just wanting a way out so he took one for the club. Jax sort of did that in his own way by doing what he did. Super dramatic and tearful. Huge episode.

The final scene reminded me of so much of the Devil's Rejects...the abrupt song cut and the death result and the open road with bright sun.

Season seven was an entirely different animal and it's hard to state or judge what my favorites were with this one. Though I'll take a stab:

Four
    Two
    One
    Six
    Five
    Three

I can't place seven yet. It'd probably fall in between six and five though.

I'll miss this show.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Anyone who hates it didn't really fully understand what the series was about.
    ...or has a different opinion about how it could have ended :-/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    I use couchtuner, probably plenty of other sites as well but this one works fine for me

Am I the only one who finds it impossible to reach a magnet link on this site?

Just use Kickass y'all.
    Last edited by somethingelse; 12-11-2014 at 02:00 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The final scene should've been Chucky accepting everything that happened

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Anyone who hates it didn't really fully understand what the series was about.

I think I get it - I mean it's Hamlet, right? Dunno, just feel that redemption wouldn't have been a cop out

But like I said, I'm never happy with big finales

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I think I get it - I mean it's Hamlet, right? Dunno, just feel that redemption wouldn't have been a cop out

I was thinking during the final montage, "wow, they're really hamming up the Shakespearean vibe", then it fades to a freakin Shakespeare quote.

I didn't hate the ending, which when finals are concerned, means I liked it. Spoiler: Jax gets zero redemption (not learning from his dads failed suicide idea, he thinks it'll work for him, but that shot of Abel with the ring tells us it's too late) which is at least fitting with the season and series as a whole (Jax making a bunch of terrible decisions).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    *shakes head* Was there anything Shakespearean before the finale. in seasons 1, 2. 3. 4...... ???

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    ...or has a different opinion about how it could have ended :-/
    Of course and that's fine but anyone saying Spoiler: him committing suicide or him killing Gemma was not a smooth move isn't too bright. The silver lining was on the wall from earlier seasons. Along with both her and Clay betraying and killing J.T. With season 6 and 7, Jax was becoming what his father disliked and also what he swore to never be. Honestly, he was worse than Clay by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Spoiler: I don't consider it a cop out. What was he supposed to do? Even without the APB, he didn't want to be leave the burden of his club killing their leader per protocol to leave them with that guilt and those feelings. He couldn't very well give himself up for prison as he'd be killed immediately just about by everyone there since they were from rival gangs. Only logical thing for him to get his justice and save everyone was to kill himself. Even all more poetic as he did it in the same fashion of how his father died, with boots on, his father's own motorcycle and not a care in the world prior. I found it even worse to watch as he smiled on the entire ride to the meeting with the 18 wheeler.

Also, anyone notice the crow's flight during the scene? Matches the theme song perfectly: "the crow flies straight, a perfect line."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    okay, so no matter how much you try, you'll still end up with a broken neck.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingelse View Post
    okay, so no matter how much you try, you'll still end up with a broken neck.
    Well, what would YOU have wanted?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I thought they wrapped everything up very nicely; nothing over the top, but nothing that dragged it down either. One of the better finales I have seen in a very long time ***cough cough*** (True Blood/Dexter). Everyone that has been watching the show can say they "Saw this coming", and I didn't find myself feeling too bad for Jax because in definitely deserved what happened. I think Sutter reached a bit too far with the symbolism, but the show went out in a classy/bloody way .