Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Trans Rights

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Having a slight advantage doesn't equal an automatic winner. If that was the case, then people might as well not compete against anyone who has trained longer or had more experience overall. This fear-mongering nonsense is just ridiculous.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    May as well ban Michael Phelps from competing at everything... biological advantages from nose to asshole.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    get the fuck out of this thread, decadent. now.
    So giving examples, providing research and facts is now called transphobia? I guess everything that doesnt fit your agenda you just call transphobia these days and prefer to use emotions instead of a discussion with facts.

Anyway, I lost enough of my time in this thread, no point to try to discuss a general topic, when all I get back is hate and personal attacks. And you should really think of the hypocrisy in this.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    You aren’t the victim but you are right about one thing—you should definitely stop posting in this thread and you did waste time doing so.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This is a public forum and thread, not all conversations and discussions go the way you want. You cannot tell people to fuck off and go away if they disagree with some of your views. But good constructive discussions are highly encouraged, not repetitive rants followed by additional rants.

I was also told to go away, even though I am in support of transgender rights. If what you see in the mirror makes you happy then rock it; but I did point out that the current situations and events are creating turmoil and that some things have gotten too far out of hand, I'll never ever ever say that there are more than two genders even though I now face suspension from school or being fired. And "gender identity" is between a child, their parent, and a Dr. Keep it out of schools.

Wake up, the worlds opinion of transgender is heading in the wrong direction after so much work, effort, and progress had been made.

It used to be so simple, now it's politicized and complicated.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    You keep saying you support trans rights and then immediately start spouting exclusionary talking points and phrases. You both should not confuse people calling you on your bullshit with a refusal to engage in constructive discussion. Conflating the two is another common tactic and it's not going to work here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    You keep saying you support trans rights and then immediately start spouting exclusionary talking points and phrases. You both should not confuse people calling you on your bullshit with a refusal to engage in constructive discussion. Conflating the two is another common tactic and it's not going to work here.
    You are proving my point, either accept transgender 100% with zero dispute or else you're a bigot, shameful, discredited.

What exactly bothers you about what I said and what specifically is "exclusionary" about what I said?

Caitlyn Jenner and many other transgender people have different opinions too and don't agree on everything.

My belief is that the current situation is too heated and filled with turmoil, pushing harder and faster is not the right approach right now. I want things to progress but evidently the way things are being done today are not working out so well, and perhaps some ideas need to be put on the back burner for now.
    Last edited by snaapz; 04-13-2023 at 08:42 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    You are proving my point, either accept transgender 100% with zero dispute or else you're a bigot, shameful, discredited.

What exactly bothers you about what I said and what specifically is "exclusionary" about what I said?
    You asked this, several of us answered, and then you ask it again. "I'll never ever ever say that there are more than two genders..." is a thing you said. Only one group of people are saying that collection of words and it surely isn't the one honestly advocating for trans rights. "Keep it out of schools". Rinse and repeat.

"It used to be so simple, now it's politicized and complicated." Gee I fucking wonder who engineered that? Not the ones attempting to legislate trans people out of existence! Let's blame those uppity trans folk instead!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    You're the one that said being trans was simply a fetish for people and that it shouldn't be forced on others. I'd say that's pretty exclusionary.

And bringing up Caitlyn Jenner as an example is pretty laughable considering how much she's profited off being trans yet doesn't want others to enjoy the same rewards. She's just another rich, white, Republican asshole, trans or not.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 04-13-2023 at 09:06 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    You asked this, several of us answered, and then you ask it again. "I'll never ever ever say that there are more than two genders..." is a thing you said. Only one group of people are saying that collection of words and it surely isn't the one honestly advocating for trans rights. "Keep it out of schools". Rinse and repeat.

"It used to be so simple, now it's politicized and complicated." Gee I fucking wonder who engineered that? Not the ones attempting to legislate trans people out of existence! Let's blame those uppity trans folk instead!
    I believe there are two genders, what's wrong with that? "Gender identity is how you feel about yourself and the ways you express your gender and biological sex" Therefore I believe that gender is based on sex. I'm not saying I'm right, its just my opinion. I think people should be comfortable with their sex and accept their biology; but not let it stand in the way of being who they want to be.

It's not just politicians who are against transgender rights, in certain states its the people who feel this way and push for old traditions, beliefs, and values. I'm not saying they are right, its just a fact that needs to be realized. Also many parents are vocal about what is being taught in the classroom, many parents think that certain topics and discussions do not belong in JK-6. Sexual orientation doesn't belong in a grade 2 classroom.

Today we see men selling tampons and wearing them in their anus, we see men selling bras and leggings and prancing around, we see men holding babies saying "Im your Dad, you came from my tummy", we also see some age regression which raises red flags with people. Realize that the general population needs time to adjust and accept things, it cannot be forced too quickly or else we face backlash in many forms.

This thread is 'Trans Rights' and I'm discussing some of the roadblocks and issues the community is facing, and what might be causing backlash. Choose to ignore it and pretend everything is fine, or realize more work needs to be done.

I believe that we should let the dust settle and not add more fuel to the fire, otherwise we risk more backlash, turmoil, hate.

What are your thoughts?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Today we see men selling tampons and wearing them in their anus, we see men selling bras and leggings and prancing around, we see men holding babies saying "Im your Dad, you came from my tummy", we also see some age regression which raises red flags with people. Realize that the general population needs time to adjust and accept things, it cannot be forced too quickly or else we face backlash in many forms.
    What the in the everloving fuck.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Your argument is basically "trans people shouldn't push so hard because it upsets transphobic people", as if not doing so would suddenly make those people more accepting of trans people.

You don't support trans rights. You support "hey, you can do whatever you want so long as its kept in the closet and away from me". Just because you're not calling for their deaths doesn't make you less of a transphobe.

What the in the everloving fuck.
    My thoughts exactly. Where the hell are you seeing this stuff happening?
    Last edited by BRoswell; 04-13-2023 at 09:19 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I think you should talk and listen to people who are trans to understand what they deal with and what the real issues are instead of paying attention to the scare tactics around grooming kids at drag shows and child indoctrination in second grade. Those are things that aren't happening. It's the same ol' song and dance. Same as CRT. Same as Defund the Police. IT'S THE SAME. SET. OF. TACTICS AND TALKING POINTS. Don't blame the trans community for that. It's not their playbook. And you certainly shouldn't blame them when you fall for it. And it's exceedingly clear you have.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Your argument is basically "trans people shouldn't push so hard because it upsets transphobic people", as if not doing so would suddenly make those people more accepting of trans people.

You don't support trans rights. You support "hey, you can do whatever you want so long as its kept in the closet and away from me". Just because you're not calling for their deaths doesn't make you less of a transphobe.
    What he means is, I assume, that if you push too hard you will upset not only transphobic people but also normal people, that are in the middle and say, whatever, live and let live. It is not only transphobic and 100% trans rights, there is middle ground for people that dont agree with everything and dont accept 100% of the trans rights. And that doesnt mean they are transphobic, it means they have an opinion on certain topics and they stand behind them. Like for example that trans women have an advantage in sports or that convicted rapists should not be in womens prisons, because they identify as women. Just two examples.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    You're the one that said being trans was simply a fetish for people and that it shouldn't be forced on others. I'd say that's pretty exclusionary.

And bringing up Caitlyn Jenner as an example is pretty laughable considering how much she's profited off being trans yet doesn't want others to enjoy the same rewards. She's just another rich, white, Republican asshole, trans or not.

- When did I say it's "simply a fetish"? I was discussing a very real rule among certain communities who know their limits and boundaries. If you were involved you would know that. Like it or not many people view TG as a fetish, I don't. Social media is starting to label some TGs as men dressed up as little girls, don't ignore this type of stuff and fix it right away.
    - I was unaware that Caitlyn was just a rich, white, republican asshole. Now I know.

I'm discussing the problems trans community is still facing. This thread is titled 'Trans Rights' and we are discussing why some rights are withheld and what might be driving that. I'm not against transgender rights, albeit I don't agree on 100%. I'm highlighting issues.
    Last edited by snaapz; 04-13-2023 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    - When did I say it's "simply a fetish"? I was discussing a very real rule among certain communities who know their limits and boundaries. If you were involved you would know that. Like it or not many people view TG as a fetish, I don't. Social media is starting to label some TGs as men dressed up as little girls, don't ignore this type of stuff and fix it right away.
    - I was unaware that Caitlyn was just a rich, white, republican asshole. Now I know.
    You brought up an unnamed fetish and the associated rules to compare, somehow, to the day-to-day of trans people. "If you were involved..." Yeah well we're not. And it sounds something like a secret society...which...fine more power to you. But the trans community does not what a secret society. They want to live their fucking lives. They don't want a secret handshake or even special fucking treatment. They just want to exist and live and, god forbid, thrive. So when you bring up a fetish YOU are equating trans to said fetish. Otherwise why even mention it??

And really, you don't know Caitlyn Jenner's politics? Come on.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    - When did I say it's "simply a fetish"?
    We also have an rule which no one disputes and everyone follows, it's extremely frowned upon to involve people in your fetish/kink without their permission. Forcing someone to call you Mrs against their will and then shaming them for refusing to goes against multiple rules.

It took me a very long time to accept that these lifestyles are branded kink/fetish.
    And if you don't believe it's fetish, why did you bring it up in the first place?

Social media is starting to label some TGs as men dressed up as little girls, don't ignore this type of stuff and fix it right away.
    How is that the fault of trans people? There's a lot of idiots who think anyone who is LGBTQ+ is a pedophile too, but apparently that's our fault, not theirs for thinking that way.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    And if you don't believe it's fetish, why did you bring it up in the first place?

How is that the fault of trans people? There's a lot of idiots who think anyone who is LGBTQ+ is a pedophile too, but apparently that's our fault, not theirs for thinking that way.
    You're right and I was wrong, I can admit that. I didn't mean to label TG as a fetish.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    what specifically is "exclusionary" about what I said?
    I believe there are two genders
    You are making it so easy to just quote two things you said that contradict each other. You keep saying 1) I'm so inclusive; I support trans rights; you can be whoever you want! and 2) There are only two genders; I'm not trans...or anything "of that nature;" being trans is a fetish (I see you recanted on this; thank you); keep it out of schools; trans men are having babies and posting videos about it (which apparently makes you so sick you've referenced it three times now); and whatever the fuck your tampon rant above is.

The formula of almost all of your posts is: (vague nice thing about trans / non-binary people) BUT (extremely shitty thing about trans / non-binary people).

And what's frustrating is I get the deeper point you're trying to make. You're trying to say that the more loud and proud people of a marginalized, largely liberal community are, the more defensive conservatives are going to get, which could damage the movement rather than help it. But you're not saying that. You're saying things that feel dismissive of trans people and outright hateful of non-binary people.

If you want to have a civilized discussion in this thread about these issues, you can't keep citing examples of trans people's behavior in ways that makes it sound like you want to vomit. You can say, "this person/community did this thing; I'm concerned this is going to negatively impact lawmakers and be detrimental to the greater movement." You can't say things that sound like, "look at these fucks prancing around. I mean, I fully support them, but only as long as they stay out of my face and keep their mouths shut and you know what maybe they should just stay in their houses at all times."

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    also, snaapz, you keep equating gender with sexuality. being trans has NOTHING to do with sexuality, at all. full-stop.

you also keep refusing to acknowledge the existence of non-binary people, and you are literally spouting the exact same language that blatant transphobes use to justify their hatred.

I'll never ever ever say that there are more than two genders even though I now face suspension from school or being fired.
    why? how does this affect you negatively? seriously, please answer me, because i've repeatedly asked you to do so, to give me an example of how trans and non-binary people's existence and request for respect affects you in ANY way, and you have ignored it.

and yes, the DECISION to transition is between the trans person, their doctor, and, if they're a minor and their family is safe and supportive, their parent(s). but the ACCEPTANCE of a person as trans by ANYONE should NOT BE AN ISSUE.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    You are making it so easy to just quote two things you said that contradict each other. You keep saying 1) I'm so inclusive; I support trans rights; you can be whoever you want! and 2) There are only two genders; I'm not trans...or anything "of that nature;" being trans is a fetish (I see you recanted on this; thank you); keep it out of schools; trans men are having babies and posting videos about it (which apparently makes you so sick you've referenced it three times now); and whatever the fuck your tampon rant above is.

The formula of almost all of your posts is: (vague nice thing about trans / non-binary people) BUT (extremely shitty thing about trans / non-binary people).

And what's frustrating is I get the deeper point you're trying to make. You're trying to say that the more loud and proud people of a marginalized, largely liberal community are, the more defensive conservatives are going to get, which could damage the movement rather than help it. But you're not saying that. You're saying things that feel dismissive of trans people and outright hateful of non-binary people.

If you want to have a civilized discussion in this thread about these issues, you can't keep citing examples of trans people's behavior in ways that makes it sound like you want to vomit. You can say, "this person/community did this thing; I'm concerned this is going to negatively impact lawmakers and be detrimental to the greater movement." You can't say things that sound like, "look at these fucks prancing around. I mean, I fully support them, but only as long as they stay out of my face and keep their mouths shut and you know what maybe they should just stay in their houses at all times."
    It doesn't sicken me nor do I want to vomit. I'm worried that it sickens the general population, and based on recent news, backlash, politics, podcasts, and social media I believe that there's more turmoil today than there was a year ago. I also believe that too much exposure too quickly will not help with acceptance, rather it will cause undecided people to shy away and lean right.

I mention tampons and leggings because they are recent events and I fear that these events are fuelling confusion, misinterpretations, and anger. Drag Queen shows at schools are happening today and even though this protest is led by some rebel news asshole, it's not going smoothly for the LGBTQ2S+ community, and people are questioning why a drag show is even happening at a school. Sports is a big discussion and maybe it's time to rethink things, rather than put a transgender woman in a 'Woman's Swimming Event' maybe we need to create a 'Swimming Event' which does not discriminate against gender at all. It's time to drop Mens and Womens sports and just play sports.

As for men giving birth, society will need time to get used to this and understand how it all works. Pausing hormones to transition back to female, then after they deliver the baby they revert back to male to raise the baby as its father. Can you blame society for being reluctant to embrace this on day 1 with open arms.

We have laws being introduced which support trans rights, and we have laws being introduced which attack trans rights. The divide is supported by real people, its evident that people are leaning right and I fear it's driven by some of these rare extreme cases.
    Last edited by snaapz; 04-13-2023 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ...maybe we need to create a 'Swimming Event' which does not discriminate against gender at all. It's time to drop Mens and Womens sports and just play sports.
    this is literally the only worthwhile thing you've contributed to this discussion.

also, i'm still waiting for you to respond to my various questions, since you refuse to leave this thread.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It doesn't sicken me nor do I want to vomit. I'm worried that it sickens the general population, and based on recent news, backlash, politics, podcasts, and social media I believe that there's more turmoil today than there was a year ago. I also believe that too much exposure too quickly will not help with acceptance, rather it will cause undecided people to shy away and lean right.

I mention tampons and leggings because they are recent events and I fear that these events are fuelling confusion, misinterpretations, and anger. Drag Queen shows at schools are happening today and even though this protest is led by some rebel news asshole, it's not going smoothly for the LGBTQ2S+ community, and people are questioning why a drag show is even happening at a school. Sports is a big discussion and maybe it's time to rethink things, rather than put a transgender woman in a 'Woman's Swimming Event' maybe we need to create a 'Swimming Event' which does not discriminate against gender at all. It's time to drop Mens and Womens sports and just play sports.

As for men giving birth, society will need time to get used to this and understand how it all works. Pausing hormones to transition back to female, then after they deliver the baby they revert back to male to raise the baby as its father. Can you blame society for being reluctant to embrace this on day 1 with open arms.

We have laws being introduced which support trans rights, and we have laws being introduced which attack trans rights. The divide is supported by real people, its evident that people are leaning right and I fear it's driven by some of these rare extreme cases.
    You did it!

Now look at the difference between these phrasings:

"Today we see men selling tampons and wearing them in their anus, we see men selling bras and leggings and prancing around"

vs.

"
    I mention tampons and leggings because they are recent events and I fear that these events are fuelling confusion, misinterpretations, and anger"

Do you see how one reads as fairly objective and focused on the greater issues while the other feels incredibly judgmental and potentially hurtful? I'm not asking you to defend your position. I'm not asking you to clarify your own feelings on the matter. I'm simply asking: do you see the difference? And if so, do you understand how one way of speaking is just going to hurt or anger people in this thread while the other can actually lead to a real, respectful discussion?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just wanna say thanks to my friends in this thread who are being respectful and true allies

i do think it's weird that the people in here who are arguing seem to be pretty consistently ignoring me and only responding to y'all, tho

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    You cannot blame the trans community for confusion and misinformation purposefully distributed and amplified by bad actors. The "Drag Queen show" article you link is a nice little encapsulation: LGBTQ talk about the history of their struggle and right wing chuds outside protest the scandalous sex show that isn't happening inside. Men giving birth?...I don't even fucking know because that has nothing to do with trans rights nor do tampon hashtags or whatever else.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Pausing hormones to transition back to female, then after they deliver the baby they revert back to male to raise the baby as its father.
    fyi - pausing hormones doesn't cause someone to "transition back to female" but it IS recommended during pregnancy to make sure that hormone balances are optimal for supporting the pregnancy

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Today we see men selling tampons and wearing them in their anus...
    I'm pretty sure men have sold tampons as long as they have been around.

Wearing them in their anus? Haven't heard that before.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Wearing them in their anus? Haven't heard that before.
    yeah because it's not true, it's propaganda meant to demonize trans people

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Yeah, it has the whole litter-boxes-in-schools vibe.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    And it's so fucking stupid it's only meant for those who're already demonizing them... Anyone with a couple of neurons to rub together and a modicum of open-mindedness would immediately go "Huh ?"...

It's coming from people who define women through periods and pregnancy, so obviously they believe trans women do the same.