Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 2907

Thread: Gun Talk - News, Laws, etc.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Last edited by allegro; 11-17-2021 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Really good article by David French:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-model/620715/

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    this is also a good read.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/17/o...ouse-guns.html

At every turn that night, Rittenhouse’s AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle made things worse, ratcheting up danger rather than quelling it. The gun transformed situations that might have ended in black eyes and broken bones into ones that ended with corpses in the street. And Rittenhouse’s gun was not just a danger to rival protesters. According to his own defense, the gun posed a grave threat to Rittenhouse himself — he said he feared being overpowered and then shot with his own weapon.

This is self-defense as circular reasoning: Rittenhouse says he carried a rifle in order to guarantee his safety during a violent protest. He was forced to shoot at four people when his life and the lives of other people were threatened, he says. What was he protecting everyone from? The gun strapped to his own body, the one he’d brought to keep everyone safe.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rittenhouse verdict....incoming.

Edit: Not fucking guilty. Ridiculous. But expected, I guess.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I was expecting a hung jury.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    america is stupid. that’s all i can say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Honestly, I hope that fucking kid's life feels like a prison for the rest of his days. I hope that fucker can't get service anywhere. I hope he's bullied by everyone in public at all times to the point where he finds himself sitting in his room with his own AR45 lodged into his stupid fucking mouth wishing he wasn't here anymore.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    can't claim I'm surprised. Why is it in the high profile cases, where everyone's watching, it always seems like the jury gets it completely wrong? Maybe in a few years, Rittenhouse can write a book called "I Got Away With It (And So Can You)!"
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-19-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Honestly, I hope that fucking kid's life feels like a prison for the rest of his days. I hope that fucker can't get service anywhere. I hope he's bullied by everyone in public at all times to the point where he finds himself sitting in his room with his own AR45 lodged into his stupid fucking mouth wishing he wasn't here anymore.
    He's a darling of the right. He might get a book deal or radio show off this.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    He's a darling of the right. He might get a book deal or radio show off this.
    They can make him the new mascot of Gerber baby food formula while they're at it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The writing was on the wall the second the judge declared the murdered couldn't be called victims. Now the next time there is a riot (and it could be real fucking soon) hell's going to brake loose...how in the fuck did we even get here?!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Excuse any ignorance from me, but after reading why the gun charge was thrown out... It was due to the fact that his murdering machine wasn't a short barrel firearm?!? Was that it?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Excuse any ignorance from me, but after reading why the gun charge was thrown out... It was due to the fact that his murdering machine wasn't a short barrel firearm?!? Was that it?
    I'm not 100% familiar with Wisconsin law but short-barrel rifles and shotguns have tighter regulations due to ease of concealment. Apparently the law didn't apply because his AR had a standard length barrel.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Holy Jesus.

Enjoy your riots.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    I'm not 100% familiar with Wisconsin law but short-barrel rifles and shotguns have tighter regulations due to ease of concealment. Apparently the law didn't apply because his AR had a standard length barrel.
    For fucks sake... I guess having a barrel that doesn't match that law just turns it into Nerf gun pretty much then.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    How long until he is on the Rogan Podcast...

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    So maybe instead of throwing that charge out, they should consider the possibility that this cabbage patch doll who looks like he fell out of central-casting to play "school shooter" wanted all of these pissed-off people to see him waving around his big, long, powerful, "cool-looking" gun.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It’s all gross but I think Kyle will be an author and an elected GOP horde by ‘24 if not ‘26 or ‘28 but first, a big run on all the racist/MAGA cult “news” shows with his dumb racist mom. Couldn’t have done it without her!

UPDATE: Madison Cawthorn, who can also eat shit, has offered Kyle an internship so it’s already happening. Great. Lovely.
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-19-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    *shakes head*

Yet I'm not surprised one bit. I await Fox and the like having pictures of him with hearts drawn all around him.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    So maybe instead of throwing that charge out, they should consider the possibility that this cabbage patch doll who looks like he fell out of central-casting to play "school shooter" wanted all of these pissed-off people to see him waving around his big, long, powerful, "cool-looking" gun.
    That's the problem: what he did, up until he pulled the trigger, was perfectly legal and what happened after was judged to be justifiable purely due to his ability to open carry in the first place. I'm not saying I agree with that but that's where we find ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It’s all gross but I think Kyle will be an author and an elected GOP horde by ‘24 if not ‘26 or ‘28 but first, a big run on all the racist/MAGA cult “news” shows with his dumb racist mom. Couldn’t have done it without her!

UPDATE: Madison Cawthorn, who can also eat shit, has offered Kyle an internship so it’s already happening. Great. Lovely.
    Matt Gaetz posted something similar earlier this week...which is probably the first time he's ever shown interest in anyone over 18. (surely this joke has already been made but I'm doing it anyway)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Now seeing on the socials alot of the right sided edge lords are empowered and vindicated, and i'm really worried what's going to happen at any protests now. Shit was already fucked just trying to hold people to account and getting basic rights for marginalized groups...i hope i'm being pessimistic but i can only see things getting worse for people...i'm logging off for the night.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    That's the problem: what he did, up until he pulled the trigger, was perfectly legal and what happened after was judged to be justifiable purely due to his ability to open carry in the first place. I'm not saying I agree with that but that's where we find ourselves.

Yeah... it's just so deflating and aggravating. I didn't mean to sound like I was saying anything against you or implying that you were agreeing with the outcome. I'm probably just pissed and it's bleeding into my general posting, nothing directed at you or anything that anyone is saying here.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yeah... it's just so deflating and aggravating. I didn't mean to sound like I was saying anything against you or implying that you were agreeing with the outcome. I'm probably just pissed and it's bleeding into my general posting, nothing directed at you or anything that anyone is saying here.
    Nah I get it and I'm right there with you.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Why in the fuck didn't they charge him with manslaughter, too? I KNEW it was going to be hard to get him on those big ass murder charges, because so much of it is based on proving the horrible bastard's THOUGHTS at a certain time, and whether or not his actions counted as provocation, which is proving OTHER people's thoughts.

Also, @Jinsai , you're right about that kid's face: doesn't it look like it would be SO pleasant to punch him in his doughy, stupid ass face, and then maybe a couple more times in his big ass head?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Why in the fuck didn't they charge him with manslaughter, too?
    Manslaughter isn’t a thing in Wisconsin, instead it’s second degree intentional homicide. The jury was allowed to consider him guilty of that offense in the case of the second killing. They chose not to. They were sold on self defense so it was moot to them. Here is a decent explainer: https://apnews.com/article/kyle-ritt...168353fe0b2a26

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I am beyond angry. I am so tired of this broke system and this morally bankrupt country. I want to see some shit burn. I want to see the right hurt.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Angry, but not surprised. My only hope is that he gets what's coming to him down the road.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Angry, but not surprised. My only hope is that he gets what's coming to him down the road.
    Oh, he will.
    I try not to put that sort of energy out there.

But he will.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean there's a reason I posted a picture of Jack fucking Ruby.