Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am only a bit less than 25% done with the game. Lol some crazy/funny shit so far.

I love the music I find myself enjoying everything even music I don't generally listen to! The Hip Hop and Pop stations are the best IMO but I dig everything there are some funny ass songs too.

Quick question though maybe one of you guys knows the answer to this but does the Bawsaq require you to be online? Or does it take more game play to come on? Every time I have ever tried to log into it it says it is down for maintenance so I was just wondering. The most profit I have made in the stock market has been 100k so far. Need to buy some more.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Crew

Ive started a crew if anybodys interested.
    just go to rockstargames.com join the social club then search crews.
    the crew is called hard as nails and its public so anybody can join.
    as for the game freaking awesome on so many levels i cant wait till the online starts.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    OH MAN! HARD AS NAILS BITCH! yeah way better than my idea: "ETS" yeah i'm boring.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Dude, tennis is pretty fun. The AI sucks though. I'll definitely be game to play online though.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    So i'm like 5 hours into the game and have yet to proposition one hooker.

Am I just looking in the wrong places?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    So i'm like 5 hours into the game and have yet to proposition one hooker.

Am I just looking in the wrong places?
    Night only, nice cars only. If you buy a strip club, you can take many of the strippers back with you, if you prefer. And, for anyone thinking it's super creepy, you DO need to screw at least one for 100% game completion.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    you DO need to screw at least one for 100% game completion.
    I love this game so much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You don't need to buy a club to bang the strippers, just get a private dance and "fill her meter". She'll take you to her place and be added to your contacts afterward. Not sure if you can schedule repeat performances from there yet.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    You don't need to buy a club to bang the strippers, just get a private dance and "fill her meter". She'll take you to her place and be added to your contacts afterward. Not sure if you can schedule repeat performances from there yet.
    I should've said, it's much easier - the "no touching" rule doesn't apply anymore, so meter fills in seconds

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Awesome game. Absolutely love the driving mechanics in the game. Finally nice to feel in control of your vehicle.

I just started Trevor's story can't wait to progress.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hopefully I'm getting this today. Can't wait to play as a deranged meth head.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I quite like the music selection, but my favourite station is Blaine County Talk Radio (only available outside Los Santos). The Alex Jones-esque show makes me giggle every time.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I officially suck at landing planes

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I can't do it either...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Neither can I. It's damn near impossible.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Doing the pilot training helps (even with Trevor), but I still can't get the approach angle on just right. At least helicopters are still easy enough, and I'm far enough in to unlock parachutes so I never have to land ANYTHING except for side missions :P

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Landing planes are easy if you are approaching the strip the right way.

Take it low and get it slow. Keep the nose up. Once you make landfall, brake.

I feel that it is hella easier than it was in San Andreas.

Speaking of that, has anyone come across CJ's old hood?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I don't like the plane flying and the turn radius is so massive and sloppy it makes it hard to know where to go. I however have gotten better at landing. Just position yourself to the runway (use B if you have to if you have an objective marker) and stop holding RT/R2. Then when you touch ground start tapping/holding LT/L2 until it comes to a stop. My landings are always a bit rough but I always touch down and get to the hangar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Landing planes are easy if you are approaching the strip the right way.

Take it low and get it slow. Keep the nose up. Once you make landfall, brake.

I feel that it is hella easier than it was in San Andreas.

Speaking of that, has anyone come across CJ's old hood?
    Grove Street is there, I visited on a mission a few nights ago.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Edit: - Beat me to it!

I'm really happy that they seemingly took some of the best parts from past GTA games and threw them all into this game. "People really like the heist missions, so...why not build and ENTIRE GAME around that?"

And the music's pretty awesome, too! I keep finding new bands to check out. I just listened to Battle Tapes' track the other day, and now they're all I can listen to. I still wish they could allow custom soundtracks from your hard drive, though. That shit was so cool back in the day.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 09-22-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Approaching the right way is my problem, I can land on like the beaches because they're so wide.

Although, the best flying vehicle is of course the blimp, with its slow speed but helicopter controls, it's like impossible to crash, plus it's the only non-water vehicle that won't be destroyed in water. I wish we could mod it in a pay and spray (yes, I tried), maybe that'll be DLC or something, cause I'd love to have like, crew logo on the blimp etc (AND MAYBE DO IT WITH MY MOTHERFUCKING ANDROID APP DAMMIT ROCKSTAR RELEASE THIS SHIT ALREADY)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    One thing I don't enjoy very much is getting mission ratings and medals.

"Mission Completed! Here's how IMPERFECT you were, fuckface!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ifruit app is cool. I made a custom car on my ipad and picked it up in the game. First one is free. The 100+ page manual is also an app.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The medals achievement will be my downfall. I always get silver. A few gold but a far away from 70. I started the boring spaceship part collection mission. I want the car you get for beating it but 50 parts is a lot and damnit they just gotta have some unobtainable ones unless you use a flying vehicle. I have 11/50 parts so far...eh. I don't know why game devs make collectible missions/achievements. They're boring as shit and hassle to get. I have never enjoyed meaningless collectibles in games.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-22-2013 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I don't know why game devs make collectible missions/achievements. They're boring as shit and hassle to get. I have never enjoyed meaningless collectibles in games.
    Because they're proud of the gameworld/map, and want to show it off. Making you hunt through the entire map is the way to do it, plus it adds longevity to the game and gives something to people who want everything

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Because they're proud of the gameworld/map, and want to show it off. Making you hunt through the entire map is the way to do it, plus it adds longevity to the game and gives something to people who want everything
    I like that they like to show off but finding 50-100 items (I'm not just talking GTA here) in a tireless grind is just boring to me. Always has been always will be. PS1, PS2, Xbox 360/PS3. Never been a fan of it. Assassin's Creed and the Arkham games are the worst.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Way I see it, the game doesn't need collectables. It spreads you out enough to where to do get to see what the map has to offer.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Im a bit disappointed with the direction of the missions at this point. Up through the first heist, everything was gravy. I think it was that all of the missions were self motivated until then. But then it just goes back to regular old gta and your just an errand boy doing whatever. There have bedn like 2 or 3 more heists since ghebfirst and they havejt quite lived up

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    @Wretchedest have you been doing side missions? Trevor's bail jumper, Franklin's assassin, things like flight school and shit, they all feel more natural than the Spoiler: FIB missions and unwanted heists