Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Gears of War - Scratch one Grub

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like it, am looking forward to it but it's the same Gears of War 3. Eh, whatever. I love the series so I'll get it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Kinda unrelated, but Cliff B. is leaving EPIC.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Kinda unrelated, but Cliff B. is leaving EPIC.
    I read that earlier and cracked a smile.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tried playing a Ranked Team Deathmatch tonight.

Mistake on my part. Some of the worst gametime I've had on here in a long time and extremely unfun.

Clans have pretty much ruined this game as far as playing Ranked. All that's left now is no-life losers, shitty clans and n00b players. This game is dead and it's only been a little over a year since it was released.

Hopefully Judgment has more longevity.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Seen it this morning. Looks good but I still fear for some changes they're doing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So on the day it comes out, there's a chance that by the time I get off work, swing by the mall and pick it up, and get home...you won't already be online playing it?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So on the day it comes out, there's a chance that by the time I get off work, swing by the mall and pick it up, and get home...you won't already be online playing it?
    My copy is pre-ordered at the Microsoft store.

I mean the game has a lot of new things I don't agree with: Aiming Reticle at all times (even if not zoomed down sight), two-shot reserve Sawed-Off Shotgun, retro lancer returning, no Locust in multiplayer outside of Overrun Mode, no executions, etc.

I'll be online and playing, sir.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Gears of War - Scratch one Grub

Count me in for story mode!!!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    FREE Jungle Tai dlc character!

For US residents only:
    1. Text "game" to 87963.
    2. You should receive a message back saying "Reply w/your email to agree to Official Rules, confirm you're age 18 or over & see if you're a winner! Reply HELP GEARS for help. Msg&Data rates may apply."
    3. Reply back with your email address.
    4. You should receive another message back stating if you won instantly or not. (Clarification: If you get "Sorry you didn't win instantly this time.", you will still receive a code.
    5. Either way, check your email for "Gears of War Downloadable Content from Brisk!"
    6. Enjoy your free code.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

^^^*

Is that for GoW3?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    ^^^*

Is that for GoW3?
    No, it is for Judgment. I just downloaded a code it sent me. The code I won was for a Gears of War 3 Baird skin to use in Judgment.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    so I just did what you said to do and I didnt get anything in my email. How long does it take for the message to be generated?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    so I just did what you said to do and I didnt get anything in my email. How long does it take for the message to be generated?
    Mine took a few minutes. Who knows, maybe all 50,000 codes have been handed out already as well? Check spam folders too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Must watch!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Buying the season pass will grant you permanent double XP.

Interesting, and I view it as either the most shameless cash grab ever...or the dev realizing that the backlash against season passes is growing by the day and they need to offer something substantial to make some feel it's worth it...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Buying the season pass will grant you permanent double XP.

Interesting, and I view it as either the most shameless cash grab ever...or the dev realizing that the backlash against season passes is growing by the day and they need to offer something substantial to make some feel it's worth it...
    I don't give a rat's ass about the double xp. I'm just glad it's cheap! ALSO since I pre-ordered from Microsoft Store and get free 1600 MSP I pretty much get all DLC free. WIN!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I seen it on the Reveal. Not much time left now...

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Just paid off my pre-order!

Add me on XBL and let's play on release night!

Gamer tag: notoriousTIMP

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Might be on for a bit that night but a good chance I'll be at a Canucks game. I'm sure Space will be on all day/night. Hit me up if you see me come online.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just paid off my pre-order!

Add me on XBL and let's play on release night!

Gamer tag: notoriousTIMP
    Sweeeeeeeeeet.

Already friends, mate.

I might be up for a few multiplayer matches, after me and my lady get focus off Campaign. Try to knock that out first.

Might be on for a bit that night but a good chance I'll be at a Canucks game. I'm sure Space will be on all day/night. Hit me up if you see me come online.
    Oh, you.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 03-04-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That wasn't as a slag, just if he was lookin' for people to play with lol. Wasn't sure if you were friends on xbl already.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That wasn't as a slag, just if he was lookin' for people to play with lol. Wasn't sure if you were friends on xbl already.
    I know I was joking about it.

What's your thoughts about this game now?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just watched the 13 minutes Overrun video and now there's a 48 min one I skipped through for Domination. Looks good, I'll sink some time in to it, but it's still just gnashers and wall bouncing which they should've tried to do away with. I like the new aspects such as a button press weapon change instead of D-pad and things like picking classes or your one loadout and that's all you get. One touch grenades with cooldown, etc. Still, BioShock Infinite is my priority.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Just watched the 13 minutes Overrun video and now there's a 48 min one I skipped through for Domination. Looks good, I'll sink some time in to it, but it's still just gnashers and wall bouncing which they should've tried to do away with. I like the new aspects such as a button press weapon change instead of D-pad and things like picking classes or your one loadout and that's all you get. One touch grenades with cooldown, etc. Still, BioShock Infinite is my priority.
    Well of course I know your Bioshock fandom which is why I asked. I remember exchanging words where you said you wouldn't be getting Judgment and etc.

I like some changes but some I don't. I never had an issue with the weapon swapping with the D-Pad BUT sometimes I hit the wrong button when switching to Gnasher and got my Snub out...needless to say that's a dying mistake. I'm a fan of Gnasher gameplay but sometimes it's too much. I highly doubt it but I hope they make the game have good variety. I'm a 50/50 player. I try to use my rifle as much as the Gnasher. Some people, like I'm sure as they will in this, will do one 100% over the other.

I hope they make the Retro Lancer completely useless. I hate that gun and it's the only one people use on Gears of War 3. Fucking cheap, overpowered, overused and no variety.

I'm sure there will be intentional trolls and dicks in this game too.

The Sawed-Off getting same damage and range as Gnasher doesn't really make me mad like it does everyone else. It's essentially the same gun now, minus a wider spread and 6 less shots. Whoop dee doo.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Are we the only three people on ETS who play this game and BL2? Lol

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks alright, only for EPIC staff but I'm sure some day they'll open it up across the board. I got to play it in Seattle last week with my friend...only got to play Overrun but it was pretty awesome. Seems faster a bit.

Also got to talk to raczilla for a few minutes, he said that in the campaign there's a few points that are almost like Horde style where you're bunkered down and just facing a crazy high number of locust all flying at you in giant waves.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Man, rocking the Mauler with a good player throwing heals is unstoppable lol.