Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1249

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    We Don't Know What Tomorrow Brings was the top winner for me too, but the whole set is good.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Kid Amnesia box set incoming... let's fucking gooooo
    Last edited by botley; 09-07-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    That sounds brilliant.

I remember hearing "Idioteque" on the radio all the time on the Mexican radio station in AZ. They didn't have any DJs at all, just played songs and commercials, so I never knew who it was. I do remember thinking at one point, "I sure do hope that isn't Radiohead" because it was peak Radiohead Wankery on the message boards and music magazines and I had had enough of it. Ah well.

Last edited by allegate; 06-04-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by someone on reddit
    Open your wallet wiiiiIIIIIDDDeeeeEEE
    I lost it

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    do we have any details on what it will contain? i have the 2-CD / 1-DVD box set versions of both (plus the original 2x10" records, and the original standard CDs, and the original special edition CDs) and i don't really want to buy ANOTHER version of each album unless it's a really fantastic set with stuff i haven't heard

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    do we have any details on what it will contain? i have the 2-CD / 1-DVD box set versions of both (plus the original 2x10" records, and the original standard CDs, and the original special edition CDs) and i don't really want to buy ANOTHER version of each album unless it's a really fantastic set with stuff i haven't heard
    Just admit it. You’ll buy it no matter what’s in it.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Copy that, and I still have my original Canadian-pressed CDs (plus the recent XL reissue of Kid A on 2x12" vinyl), but if it's anything like OKNOTOK, there will be multiple formats catering to different collections... I would like to hear a few outtakes that weren't released at the time, plus more fly-on-the-wall type stuff like the Minidisc 'hacked' release. It's got lots of potential but... no details yet.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    ehhhh... I am 100% buying a Kid A/Amnesiac box set and I'm not asking ANY questions as long as it costs less than like 400 bucks or something.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I hope there is another mixtape like they did with OKNOTOK.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yep, I'm all over that. I've been waiting patiently for this since the OK Computer re-release (as I'm sure lots of others have been).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Anyone else just want a new Radiohead album?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    Anyone else just want a new Radiohead album?
    Of course... but we know they are on a long break, made longer by COVID; Ed is going to probably try and finish out his solo tour, and The Smile may do gigs as well, so that means it likely will not happen before the end of next year.
    Last edited by botley; 06-05-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A new Radiohead album? I want Radiohead to go all out weird/experimental if they return with a new album. I absolutely love Thom's solo album Tomorrow's Modern Boxes. I find his solo stuff more exciting than A Moon Shaped Pool, if I'm being 100% honest. OR if Radiohead does a 360 and goes back to their roots with a pure, straight up indie rock album. But The Smile kinda reminds me of that.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    A new Radiohead album? I want Radiohead to go all out weird/experimental if they return with a new album. I absolutely love Thom's solo album Tomorrow's Modern Boxes. I find his solo stuff more exciting than A Moon Shaped Pool, if I'm being 100% honest. OR if Radiohead does a 360 and goes back to their roots with a pure, straight up indie rock album. But The Smile kinda reminds me of that.
    No. Just no. No way in hell.
    I absolutely hated TMB and I think Anima was much better. But AMSP was amazing.
    Actually, I don't really want them to go in any particular direction. I have complete faith in them. Just do your thing.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is excellent and doesn't really get enough love. I like AMSP too but I find I return to TMB more. Anima is good too but TMB was just so atmospheric to me. But, you lost me with your last thought. The last thing I want from Radiohead is a straight up indie style album. Pablo Honey is their worst for sure (sans Creep) but the Bends is unbelievably overrated and it's their next worse. After the Bends they're all good. Oh, and The King of Limbs is as underrated as the Bends is overrated imo.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is excellent and doesn't really get enough love. I like AMSP too but I find I return to TMB more. Anima is good too but TMB was just so atmospheric to me. But, you lost me with your last thought. The last thing I want from Radiohead is a straight up indie style album. Pablo Honey is their worst for sure (sans Creep) but the Bends is unbelievably overrated and it's their next worse. After the Bends they're all good. Oh, and The King of Limbs is as underrated as the Bends is overrated imo.
    I would return to The King Of Limbs more if wasn't for the mix/master. I much prefer the In The Basement versions of TKOL tracks compared to the more compressed and grating album masters. Basement versions sound so much fuller and the depth of instrumentation shines more.

As for Pablo Honey and The Bends, that was the band in a much earlier stage of their career. Now that they built up their chops and expanded their musical thinking, it would be interesting to hear them today go back to a more stripped back sound. The Basement sessions show they can still rock when it's just the guys in a room playing. I just meant a more band album without all the studio wizardry.

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    No. Just no. No way in hell.
    I absolutely hated TMB and I think Anima was much better. But AMSP was amazing.
    Actually, I don't really want them to go in any particular direction. I have complete faith in them. Just do your thing.
    Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is the best Thom solo album. Anima is good too, but find its structure/track order feels off. But I think TMB is absolutely amazing from start to finish, and tack on Youwouldn'tlikewhenI'mangry at the end. A sparce, fine tuned, and hauntingly beautiful record. Tomorrow's Moden Boxes is the closest thing to Kid A/Amnesiac's experimental electronic side. I don't know how you can love Kid A and not like Tomorrow's Modern Boxes. I especially like to listen to TMB on my headphones. It has so much space and atmosphere. A very intimate record.

I enjoyed A Moon Shaped Pool. It just didn't wow me. It's a good record, I just wouldn't call it stellar.
    Last edited by neorev; 06-06-2021 at 07:05 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm not gonna sit here and say Pablo Honey is amazing or anything, but You, Lurgee, Blow Out and Anyone Can Play Guitar are all well worth the price of admission. Inside My Head gets bonus points for being of the era, too.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I would return to The King Of Limbs more if wasn't for the mix/master. I much prefer the In The Basement versions of TKOL tracks compared to the more compressed and grating album masters. Basement versions sound so much fuller and the depth of instrumentation shines more.

As for Pablo Honey and The Bends, that was the band in a much earlier stage of their career. Now that they built up their chops and expanded their musical thinking, it would be interesting to hear them today go back to a more stripped back sound. The Basement sessions show they can still rock when it's just the guys in a room playing. I just meant a more band album without all the studio wizardry.
    I guess maybe its just me because every single person brings up the basement session in comparison to the album. Don't get me wrong I like it too just not as much as the album. I think I just like the way the album is put together. It's basically structured like an electronic album but with instrumental loops instead of electronic sounds or something. I just dig it for some reason and the production had never struck me as being bad.

Those first two records would be fine for most bands but they just pale in comparison to everything they've done after. Also, for the most part, AMSP felt pretty stripped down or at least more organic than most of their more recent stuff. Not exactly going back to their indie/ band only sound but its not half bad.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I got the In Rainbows jigsaw puzzle, and just finished it yesterday, it was neat!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    What in the fuck was that?

Also, its worth listening to sped up 2x

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYRAGR91CHQ

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    What in the fuck was that?

Also, its worth listening to sped up 2x
    1.75x seems to be the sweet spot

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Kid A/Amnesiac box announcement coming. New outtakes are exciting, but maybe underwhelming if this is the entire list? An eagle-eyed redditor found a bunch of track titles registered with the ISRC database:

Fog (Again Again Version) [2:25]

Follow Me Around [5:19]

The Morning Bell (In The Dark Version) [2:00]

Alt. Fast Track [1:32]

Untitled v1 [1:48]

If You Say The Word [4:22]

Untitled v2 [0:46]

Pulk/Pull (True Love Waits Version) [2:46]

How To Disappear into Strings [5:32]

Like Spinning Plates (‘Why Us?’ Version) [5:04]

Untitled v3 [1:16]

Pyramid Strings [1:18]
    looking at OK Computer box as a barometer it could be great. though I accept nothing less than at least one reproduction MD with each box set!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Nothing new here, but I'm guessing more news is forthcoming.
    EDIT: This version is missing the voiceover, so I guess it's sliiiiightly different from the one that was originally posted.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 09-07-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Nothing new here, but I'm guessing more news is forthcoming.
    EDIT: This version is missing the voiceover, so I guess it's sliiiiightly different from the one that was originally posted.
    Why do you think there's a Citizen Insane hashtag? The song was released during the HTTT era (maybe there's a Kid A/Amnesiac version?)

Edit: goddamn these guys are going to break my bank! https://store.kida-mnesia.com/

I'm looking at the Cream vinyl, and the hardback art book.
    Last edited by cahernandez; 09-07-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I did the cassette, CD, art book & paperback.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Dammit, they do this on a Tuesday instead of Friday?

It's on the bandcamp as well, got a notification about it, but I can't find it when I search the app. weird.

what the shitting shit.
    We Do Not Ship To This Destination.
    apparently there's a $ at the top left of the page, I'm just dumb.

Got the cream though, two of my favorite records of 2001.
    Last edited by allegate; 09-07-2021 at 12:28 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I think I would just like to have the art book, really. Oooh, there's a Japan-exclusive CD variant with the five Amnesiac B-sides on Disc 2 (which... weirdly... are otherwise only included on side four of the cassette).

This is a little bit odd, considering these albums have never been on single discs of vinyl before -- the originals were double-10" records, the last reissues on XL kept the 2-disc layout and expanded them to 12"... but I guess they managed to squeeze everything on standard LPs this time. I'm gonna wait on this, I think.
    Last edited by botley; 09-07-2021 at 12:55 PM.