Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Canceled 2021: Another Version of the Virus

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Damn this sucks for everyone who bought tix. It's the right move though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    And boom goes the dynamite

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Damn this sucks for everyone who bought tix. It's the right move though.
    I disagree. I mean Lollapalooza was able to avoid superspreader status. This was a smaller outdoor venue. If they required proof of vaccination or a negative test and masks, I think it would have been fine. I'm fucking crushed. I had floor tickets for both nights with one of my best friends. Now to find out if we can even get our money back for our plane tickets...
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 08-19-2021 at 12:41 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    @sonic_discord Fingers crossed on getting the plane tickets refunded! Or maybe you can make another trip out of it?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I disagree. I mean Lollapalooza was able to avoid superspread status.
    These shows were to be three months later than Lollapalooza and in a different city altogether. There are no guarantees.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    it was to be expected...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Not to interrupt the arguing, but has there been any word of webcasts of the festival shows?

none of them do that.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Thanks Floriduh!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I disagree. I mean Lollapalooza was able to avoid superspread status. This was a smaller outdoor venue. If they required proof of vaccination or a negative test and masks, I think it would have been fine. I'm fucking crushed. I had floor tickets for both nights with one of my best friends. Now to find out if we can even get our money back for our plane tickets...

hopefully you ticket the box for the covid travel insurance. And its not even about the requirements. Trent is likely looking at himself moreso since he is getting close to 60 and doesnt want to risk anything for 6 shows. If it was a full out tour than its a much bugger deal. Stevie Knicks had 4 dates and scrapped em cause it wasnt worth it. You have to think that any older artist who is relatively well off can ride this out for longer than the other acts that need touring revenue and such. Im sure now that Riot Fest gets them next year now to go with MCR

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    These shows were to be three months later than Lollapalooza and in a different city altogether. There are no guarantees.

Yeah but considering the other cities they were going to in genera thats the bigger risk. I think Trent Shouldve stayed away from playing in the south. Maybe Riot Fest shouldve been a one off. You have to imagine the amount of money Hellfest gave them to make it possibly one gig for an entire continent was higher than all
    yhe u.s shows this year.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    **[laughs in Hellfest]**

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    i’m sad. how’s everyone else doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Trent is likely looking at himself moreso since he is getting close to 60 and doesnt want to risk anything for 6 shows.
    On top of the risk for him is also bringing it back home to his kids who can't even get vaccinated. Not to mention his bandmates and crew, their families etc.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I was hopeful, but this isn't a huge surprise given the state of things. I just feel sorry for all the folks that purchased from a ticket broker. They get fucked for a bundle while the broker gets their investment back.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m pretty sad but not surprised. Furious at these rotten fucking mouth breathers not getting vaccinated.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I would assume since it says this year that Hellfest is still scheduled?

edit: it is, for now!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    it was to be expected...
    Why?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I’m pretty sad but not surprised. Furious at these rotten fucking mouth breathers not getting vaccinated.
    Did you ever consider bands like deftones and NIN don't want the mandatory vaccine and that's the reason of cancelling?

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pukkelpop View Post
    Did you ever consider bands like deftones and NIN don't want the mandatory vaccine and that's the reason of cancelling?

We know ol Stef in Deftones is anti vax. Trent has been pretty hardcore left leaning the last few years. If he is anti vax.....That would be hilarious and make him the biggest hypocrite in all of music. I just wish he would make a statement about it so we can sit back with the popcorn and watch the fanbase devour itself

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Why?
    Because the Delta variant is getting stronger and most of the live shows are getting affected by this, as the post said "we're not on that place yet".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Its Florida, I think they would rather not go down there knowing they could get sick more than anything even if thats their stance. If either band didnt care, they wouldnt have cancelled.

Riot Fest added Slipknot to replace NIN and Morrissey for their Thursday evening.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I was waiting for this to happen. While I'm really fucking bummed, I'm also quite relieved.

I've got a show coming up next week that I booked and that I'm playing, and while it's MUCH smaller in scale I can definitely attest to the ridiculous level of stress in trying to responsibly and safely put a show on right now. It sucks, and it's a lot easier (and really a lot more responsible) to just walk away at this point.
    Last edited by LexTron6K; 08-19-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So I’m going to assume that Daytona festival won’t be doing refunds. At least Riot made it easy. This has all been such a shitshow and at this point I’m going to hesitate before even bothering to buy tickets for any big shows again, the last 2 years now have been me basically loaning money to ticket services and then getting it back months later.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Check out NIN fb if you wanna see some toxic sludge. People having full on meltdowns. Anti vax NIN fans out in full force. I would hope TR doesn't read NIN fb lmao

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Not at all shocked by the news, however, I'm unprepared for how crushed I feel right now about it. Even though I did *try* to prepare mentally for it.

It's the right call. But I'm so fucking sad. Last year when they revealed they had had plans to tour later in the year, the hints/hope that they would tour this year is what kept me going. And then when they announced these shows, I felt like my whole year looked brighter immediately. Now it's just bleak feeling again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The opposite of surprised here, but crushed nonetheless. Just thinking about how excited I was when I bit the bullet and bought tickets to the two Cleveland shows. Finally a return to the glory of shared, public artistic experience. And now, just that empty hollow feeling, that knot of uncertainty that anything will ever be the same again.

I respect Trent's decision. The fact it was necessary, and that there's still no end to this thing in sight, is depressing beyond words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thankfully only out the price of the plane ticket from 2 states away for the cleveland show, going to try and push my riot fest pass to next year. 2021 "tour" shirts when

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    not a huge surprise. seems like everyone is starting to cancel again.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Virtual hugs to everyone…from a sad 41 year old man

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Big sad.