Thread: The Mental Health thread - depression, bipolar, ADHD, you name it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

i think it’s important to talk openly about mental health. i have had depression and anxiety for over 20 years. it turns out i probably have bipolar 2 (aka cyclical depression) so this morning i took my first dose of a mood stabilizer (prescribed by my new psychiatrist; I haven’t seen one since I was 17 and he told me i had slit my wrist "the wrong way" and then showed me how i should have done it...jesus fucking christ). i dearly hope it helps because i have had so many bad things happen in quick succession in the last few months that i’m having an even harder time coping than usual.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

i think it’s important to talk openly about mental health. i have had depression and anxiety for over 20 years. it turns out i probably have bipolar 2 (aka cyclical depression) so this morning i took my first dose of a mood stabilizer (prescribed by my new psychiatrist; I haven’t seen one since I was 17 and he told me i had slit my wrist "the wrong way" and then showed me how i should have done it...jesus fucking christ). i dearly hope it helps because i have had so many bad things happen in quick succession in the last few months that+ having an even harder time coping than usual.
    hang tough i was watching i think it was Joe rogan this Dr was saying that 80% of depression can be handled with diet. he kind of went through the evils of pharmaceutical industry and they do tend to just through pills at things I've been i Prozac for two years and used to hit the bottle when I got down but quit drinking and recently quit smoking It'll be 2 month's come December. my pot shop has these beautiful gummies that two is perfect. i also joined an anytime. so now no matter the time if i feel the darkness closing I either hit the treadmill, row machine or dreaded stair master. i'll be a year sober in Jan and i kind like the lean healthy Louie. after a lot of searching i finally found a shrink that works. she a woman and great just the other day during a session i remarked about how finding a good shrink, physiologist she doesn't like the work shrink as she said, i didn't go through eight years of school to be compared to something a wash machine does. anyways. a good physiologist is a lot like finding a good sensie you have to go through a lot of bullshit till you find something that works. everson take care i wish you peace.
    -louie