Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: nin.com Homepage Error

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hi, I'm from the midwest and thought this was just Trent being "artsy" for the past however many months. Some weird ARG for the new album? The older fans like myself have been through A LOT of internet shenanigans, especially from TF forward.

Until I went to buy 2 shirts from the store.

So the broken link thing is some 1997 geocities-esque malfunction. Got it. Thanks. It's actually heartwarming to know I'm not the only one with the issue.
    Last edited by laststepdown; 10-25-2019 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    It's really awesome that somebody thought to ask if it was a midwestern thing, because I'm in Missouri and have had this issue for months too. I asked this question on the NIN subreddit when it first popped up and most people were like "wtf? Works fine for me" so I assumed it was just something wrong with my connection and waved it off.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I'm in the Midwest and it doesn't load for me either. Never had this issue while we lived in Florida.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    +1 for Toronto. Trent hates us, it's a given.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So when ETS was inaccessible from Eastern Europe for weeks, nobody gave a shit

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Hmm. Are you guys sure? I don't know how website would break in the US in only certain regions. I don't think that's how websites work. They are either up or they aren't. If something isn't working it would be more of an internet provider issue.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Hmm. Are you guys sure? I don't know how website would break in the US in only certain regions. I don't think that's how websites work. They are either up or they aren't. If something isn't working it would be more of an internet provider issue.
    Not necessarily true. Depending on the region, your route may hit certain firewalls or proxies that if not set up identically, may block certain things from a website to load.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    My bet is that it's an issue with the CDN. It's not uncommon for content platforms and ecommerce platforms to utilize content delivery networks to serve static assets such as CSS, Javascript, and images. When you hit assets.whatever.com, it's actually going to serve that from a machine that is physically closer in location to you. This typically results in a faster experience, but if a region of the CDN is down and there isn't a good failover, you're going to see something like what's going on with nin.com.

Those of you who are seeing a messed up nin.com - what happens when you visit the following URLs:
    https://de1daada60dfbf786b6e47a9-the....css?ver=5.2.4
    https://de1daada60dfbf786b6e47a9-the....css?ver=1.5.0

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    My bet is that it's an issue with the CDN. It's not uncommon for content platforms and ecommerce platforms to utilize content delivery networks to serve static assets such as CSS, Javascript, and images. When you hit assets.whatever.com, it's actually going to serve that from a machine that is physically closer in location to you. This typically results in a faster experience, but if a region of the CDN is down and there isn't a good failover, you're going to see something like what's going on with nin.com.

Those of you who are seeing a messed up nin.com - what happens when you visit the following URLs:
    403 Forbidden.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

"403 Forbidden" for me as well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    "403 Forbidden" for me as well.
    Ditto

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    403 Forbidden in Chicago, IL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

403 Forbidden as well

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    What about... now?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Got no problem to log to the main ".com" site from Mexico City, but when i click on the store section, it takes me to the https://store-uk.nin.com/ site for some reason.

Pretty sure Mexico isn't part of the UK

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    What about... now?
    Nope, it's the same (including both links you sent previously). I did notice that instead of just showing a broken image link, the alt text "Logo" is now displaying where the NIN logo should be.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    For those of you with loading errors, please bring up your browser console, load store.nin.com, and make note of all the URL's that fail to load (red) and the error it produced.

You're looking for information like this:

https://i.imgur.com/VW05kjs.png

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    For those of you with loading errors, please bring up your browser console, load store.nin.com, and make note of all the URL's that fail to load (red) and the error it produced.

You're looking for information like this:

https://i.imgur.com/VW05kjs.png
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 10-31-2019 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Updated image

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Mine looks much like Jon's above. This is after I disabled Firefox's built-in tracking blockers, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yep, I’ve had the same issues since this summer, regardless of the computer or browser used. I live in Milwaukee.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Checked the site this morning, seems to be fixed from the midwest POV.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    Yeah, looks like it's fixed for me, too!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    hahaha literally just came here to post the same thing

guess we might be able to expect pre-order news for the next batch of DEs, especially with that guy posting With Teeth on instagram

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    hahaha literally just came here to post the same thing

guess we might be able to expect pre-order news for the next batch of DEs, especially with that guy posting With Teeth on instagram
    What guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    What guy?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B4vEzYTp7it/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Whaaaaaaaat?!!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    lmao didn't some "Insta-celeb" or whatever they call themselves post an alleged WT release date, like, last February, along with that 100th Window vinyl reissue that never happened either?

Four years later, and we're still waiting for these later-period reissues. I will believe they are coming out when I have them in my hands and I've listened to them twice..

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    lmao didn't some "Insta-celeb" or whatever they call themselves post an alleged WT release date, like, last February, along with that 100th Window vinyl reissue that never happened either?

Four years later, and we're still waiting for these later-period reissues. I will believe they are coming out when I have them in my hands and I've listened to them twice..
    Yup, and now there's supposed evidence of someone with a copy of it with material inside dated February 2019. So it likely was intended to be released around then.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Yup, and now there's supposed evidence of someone with a copy of it with material inside dated February 2019. So it likely was intended to be released around then.
    The date is when the article included with it was written. It does NOT mean it was intended to be released then. Something like that would be written months before release.