Thread: spaceSuicide's Horrortastic Horrific Horror Film Thread...Of Horror!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    maybe the cam boots will end when studios finally accept that the traditional theater model of movie releasing is over.

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    maybe the cam boots will end when studios finally accept that the traditional theater model of movie releasing is over.
    Is it though? If vinyl never went away I'm not sure the theatre experience will either. It'll diminish maybe. Another question that needs to be asked by consumers is do they want to see the movie industry die out because they can't make enough profit to justify the production. Theatres are a big part of that. And the above mentioned movie only had a one week gap between theatrical and VOD release. I'd say that studio is very aware of the times and that seems more than reasonable.

But my objection to cam versions has more to do with my respect for the art form in general. Its just shit quality. It would be like if someone played an album in their car and recorded it with their phone mic and then someone listened to that recording. It's not the same product. I know people are gonna watch cams no matter what but they're really cheating themselves.