Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    I think you guys are playing the wrong series than. or well.. I thought. Battlefield isn't really about vehicles any more. Due to crummy design and physics.(Tank drifting, can smash through a building but stopped by a small brick wall?)

Buuuut Mr.Gustav Halling "we cannot forget about infantry." so here we have the "biggest map in BF history." with bunches of flags. So you can run and gun your legs off.

And so, we have flags in bunches.
    Honestly I'm just too lazy to focus on bettering my vehicular skills. In my experience with this game it sure feels like there's more of a learning curve than BC2 had. Or I'm just THAT lazy.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dolemite View Post
    ^^^DICE's twitter feed said not to believe anything about the beta unless you see it confirmed on the official Battlefield.com site. I also heard that EA removed the "beta with pre-order" image from Origin and the web site.
    http://www.amazon.com/Medal-Honor-Wa...medal+of+honor

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Looked pretty legit to me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    EA put the ad on Origin, then removed it, then DICE denied it and said if it isn't on battlefield.com, then it isn't official, then about 1 day later, the add was back on Origin and the "official announcement" was made. The whole thing was ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's like they don't know what they're doing.

New Armored Kill trailer tomorrow with a sneak peek of Aftermath
    Faceboook event!!!
    http://www.facebook.com/events/349138631829747/

Also confirmation that BF4 will be a modern shooter. Many in the community thought it'd be the sequel to BF2142

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/13/batt...he-modern-day/

and if you plan on playing this on xbox tonight. A DICE dev will be online for you to try to get his tags.
    details: http://www.mordorhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2786

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    doublepost for the fuck of it.

New trailer for the announcement of Battlefield Premium Edition. (Battlefield that comes with BF Premium)

Shows a new extreme blue filter ("night") map. Which looks like you won't even need night vision. Not that it's useful anyway.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Way to milk shit dry, DICE/EA.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    lol

It got me turned on, actually. But I haven't played in over a week...so maybe that's it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've been playing BF 1943 much lately and I've enjoyed it so I was thinking of getting BF3. The question is should I wait and buy the "Premium Edition" or buy the normal version now. How essential are the DLC packs for playing the multiplayer and are they really worth the money?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax Mr. L View Post
    I've been playing BF 1943 much lately and I've enjoyed it so I was thinking of getting BF3. The question is should I wait and buy the "Premium Edition" or buy the normal version now. How essential are the DLC packs for playing the multiplayer and are they really worth the money?

I'd say just drop the extra 20 and get the Premium Edition this late in the game. You get a lot more and if you enjoy multiplayer in the Battlefield (or any FPS really) series then the DLC packs for more game modes and maps are essential.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks! I'll pick up the Premium Edition when It's released.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Trying sniper rifles with iron sights, no scopes. It's kind of a pain to get used to but fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Trying sniper rifles with iron sights, no scopes. It's kind of a pain to get used to but fun.
    This my favorite thing to do. I use bolt action rifles w/ iron sight in every fps I can. When I was a kid I played MOH: Breakthrough Boltaction only servers all day er' day.
    Did it in Cod W@W too.

There's nothing more satisfying than getting sniped by a 12X camper. Spawning and sniping him back with out any attachments on your rifle.

That being said I STILL don't have all the Recon Class guns unlocked yet, lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Agreed! As for me,

M14 EMR + Iron Sights + Grip = High K/D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OH LOL 3 glitches combined to make the worst map even worse.

Instructions in the video, spread it around so these glitches will be fixed. Also to ruin this shit map.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I never got around to actively trying the aggressive sniper thing. I'm pretty sure I could grow to be deadly at it...I'm just too stuck in my ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So if you're one of the few who have Premium. You get an "exclusive" "content" drop this week.
    We are happy to announce everything we have lined up in August exclusively for our Battlefield 3: Premium members. Read on for the full details.

We know you have been eagerly awaiting information on your August Premium exclusive items. Wait no more. Here is everything that is happening for our more than 1.3 million members who have already signed up. We hope you will enjoy everything we have in store for you.

Premium video: Exclusive Armored Kill gameplay

Release date: August 29
    Where: Battlelog Premium video section
    Our third Premium exclusive video features all-new gameplay footage from the upcoming expansion pack Battlefield 3: Armored Kill. Prepare yourself for all-out vehicle warfare!

Release date: August 29
    Where: Our new “Bonus content” section on Battlelog
    The August bonus content drop for Battlefield 3™ Premium members is an exclusive high-res artwork booklet (electronic) with 24 original concept artwork from the development of Battlefield 3. The majority of these have never before been shown to the public. To download your artwork album, head to Battlelog and the new “Bonus content” section that will appear on August 29.

Premium event: Pitch your Battlefield map concept to DICE

Start date: August 31
    This is your chance to submit your level idea and have it judged by the creators of Battlefield 3! Pitch your most awesome idea for a Battlefield map, and you can win an extremely limited edition Battlefield 3 lithograph signed by the DICE team. Full details on how to enter will be posted on Battlelog on August 31 when this competition is officially opened. Stay tuned!

Premium exclusive Double XP weekend
    Dates: August 25-26 (or longer! See below)
    Rank up faster by joining this Double XP event, only for Battlefield 3™ Premium members. This month’s Premium exclusive double XP weekend takes place Saturday-Sunday, August 25-26. Start times below. You can also check this handy event announcer to see the time in your city.

Don’t forget that we are running a community challenge on Facebook that extends the time of this event based on the number of shares we get! Join the sharing at our Facebook page to increase the number of hours you will get double XP.

Double XP event start times:
    Los Angeles 00:01:00 August 25
    Stockholm 09:01:00 August 25
    Paris 09:01:00 August 25
    New York 03:01:00 August 25
    Tokyo 16:01:00 August 25
    Hey DICE, fuck you too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm not going to waste $50.00 on a season pass up front. I'd rather spend $15.00 sporadically when the time comes, more economic to me really.

Whatever. I'm not heartbroken, BF3 isn't my favorite game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's the thing, every one thought it would be guns, camo's or at least one map. You know to encourage people like you to buy premium!
    But no, they let the hype build up and stay completely silent until the last week of August.
    It's almost as though they totally forgot than our of desperation dug up some old art and dished it out.

And all this "exclusive" art and the "exclusive" video will be up on the internet with in an hour of being released. Not that any one actually want these things.
    How can a game developer be so fucking stupid.

EDIT: actually they already have our money so they really Don't Give A Fuck.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    That's the thing, every one thought it would be guns, camo's or at least one map. You know to encourage people like you to buy premium!
    But no, they let the hype build up and stay completely silent until the last week of August.
    It's almost as though they totally forgot than our of desperation dug up some old art and dished it out.

And all this "exclusive" art and the "exclusive" video will be up on the internet with in an hour of being released. Not that any one actually want these things.
    How can a game developer be so fucking stupid.

EDIT: actually they already have our money so they really Don't Give A Fuck.
    It was always a money making scheme to begin with. Why on Earth release Premium 8 months after the original release date when most people that bought it on Launch already had the first DLC, Back to Karkand? Never made any sense to me and now they fuck over people that did pay for it by releasing a Premium edition of the game in a re-release and tacking on an extra $20.00 to get it.

Premium Edition = $79.99

Battlefield 3 + Premium Membership = Roughly $110.00

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    All this overlap of services and stuff tells me that DICE doesn't really know or have planned out what they were doing post roll out of the game. It feels slightly desperate. I think it's a way for them to keep momentum going for a game going into the "holiday season". We shall see.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm a fan of Premium. While subscription models are always money grabbing they can at least save you money if you know you'll be getting everything anyway. I think I saved a good $45 through it.

And who the fucks complains about the Sept premium content drop? You're getting all the value in the maps. If DICE/EA wanna put effort into releasing BS images or whatever then good on em, just ignore that shit and play the damn game. You don't have any reason to feel like they're ripping you off, they're only giving you what they said they would.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't call pictures and a video "enhancing my battlefield experience" or "exclusive game content."
    Some people bought Premium for the ex-pack discount but any one who already had Back To Karkand (most people) there are no savings. So basically only the "exclusive content" is what drew me in to Premium.

DICE simply did not deliver what they said they would.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Weapon skins, the knife, new camo all cover the exclusive game content. Did they promise that stuff on a monthly basis? And you could argue that the videos and image do enhance the overall experience.

What kind of exclusive content WOULD make it worth it? Keeping in mind it can't be anything that'd give premium players an advantage over the normies.

Also, looks like the US didnt save as much on DLC as Australia did.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sa_nick View Post
    Weapon skins, the knife, new camo all cover the exclusive game content. Did they promise that stuff on a monthly basis? And you could argue that the videos and image do enhance the overall experience.

What kind of exclusive content WOULD make it worth it? Keeping in mind it can't be anything that'd give premium players an advantage over the normies.

Also, looks like the US didnt save as much on DLC as Australia did.
    Exclusive that every other Premium Member has haha...I'm always killed by the ACB-90. I'm never killed by the regular knife anymore.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I have the limited edition (B2K), and I'm pretty sure I'll have saved 10 bucks by the end of DLCs from getting Premium...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Like I said before most the community expected a Map or weapon skins, something in-game.
    I had the idea of premium getting dynamite to replace C4 (with the same stats of course). Something fun like that.
    Even a new pistol would be ok since pistols are pretty much useless anyway.

If you bought B2K you don't save . if you got it from the Limited Edition you didn't pay for it anyway.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I will have to disagree that pistols are pretty much useless. The full auto rifles go through clips so fast that I've found many occasions where I'm surprised by 3-4 enemy troops, a reload would have spelled death but that pistol being there has saved my ass. I'm almost always switching to pistol before doing a rifle reload.

But yes, new pistol would be nice Or some ridiculous mod like when you pull the G17 it gets pulled "gangsta sideways style". lol

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I will have to disagree that pistols are pretty much useless. The full auto rifles go through clips so fast that I've found many occasions where I'm surprised by 3-4 enemy troops, a reload would have spelled death but that pistol being there has saved my ass. I'm almost always switching to pistol before doing a rifle reload.

But yes, new pistol would be nice Or some ridiculous mod like when you pull the G17 it gets pulled "gangsta sideways style". lol
    I'll be completely honest I get a lot of kills with my pistol. Fucking M1911 has saved my ass from death a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will have to disagree that pistols are pretty much useless.
    I not sure which is faster right now, to reload or pull out your pistol as the reload animation on the xbox are fucked big time right now.
    The Burst pistols and the two shot revolvers are the only pistols that will get you kills on a constant basis. I've been trying to use the M9,G17 or G18 and they're pretty hard to get kills with. The M1911 has the best balance right now.

Or some ridiculous mod like when you pull the G17 it gets pulled "gangsta sideways style". lol
    this would be siiick

The premium video came out today
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...8-29 13:00:00/

and I guess DICE were just too busy to record new footage and had use the same stuff from past trailers, just extended the clips a little bit with a new clip here and there. There's even an ad for Premium at the end........ That's how exclusive it is.

Amoured Kill looks promising but Tank Supremacy looks stupid.

EDIT: Everything is up now.
    !
    The pictures come in a PDF. they're not even good enough quality to use as desktops.
    It took me about 30 seconds to skim through them. My Battlefield experience is enhanced
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 08-29-2012 at 10:27 PM.