Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Health

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Poppy is not good…at all, but maybe with Health doing the music she may be more tolerable? We shall see.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I love it!

Poppy is one of my most pleasant surprises of the last couple of years. “I Disagree” and onward has been great, IMO. Her evolution has been fun to watch unfold.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I've been listening to a lot of Health since I discovered them with Isn't Everyone, and at the same time these past months I started to really pay attention to Poppy's music, specially her releases in the past two of years, this collab is perfect for me right now.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    You know what? It’s pretty damn good. She sounds fine when she actually sings; maybe it’s just that she’s not a good screamer. I also am not a fan of the character (or the “music” she’s made) but this proves that with a great band doing the music and using her singing voice, good results are possible. I’m pleasantly surprised. Would be interested in a goth rock type album with a good producer.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caca View Post
    I love it!

Poppy is one of my most pleasant surprises of the last couple of years. “I Disagree” and onward has been great, IMO. Her evolution has been fun to watch unfold.
    Agreed. I really can't get enough of Poppy. I Disagree is awesome, Flux is just a banger of album and even some of her more "poppy" songs are not all that bad.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    You know what? It’s pretty damn good. She sounds fine when she actually sings; maybe it’s just that she’s not a good screamer. I also am not a fan of the character (or the “music” she’s made) but this proves that with a great band doing the music and using her singing voice, good results are possible. I’m pleasantly surprised. Would be interested in a goth rock type album with a good producer.
    How much have you actually listened to Poppy? She majority sings on her tracks and rarely uses her screams. Also not sure I understand all the shots towards Poppy's live band? They're all established musicians including Matt McJunkins from APC and Puscifer on bass. Her entire new album was produced and recorded by JMJ who played all instruments on one of the songs. There's a ton of talent surrounding Poppy, including her own.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Jam Master Jay from Run-D.M.C.?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @richardp I wasn’t intending to take shots at the band, honestly, I meant to say Health’s music suits her.

Her music that I’ve heard, which isn’t much (because I didn’t like it) is all screams with bits of what sounds mostly like speaking more than singing. i think I’ve heard the singles (or most of them). It wasn’t good. I hate her character most of all; that’s been the most annoying aspect. Just do a fucking interview. “I’m Poppy.” Okay cool. “I’m not interested.” Then not too long ago I read an interview she did do because it was in a magazine I bought and again, I wasn’t impressed.
    Last edited by Swykk; 10-21-2021 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    In other news the latest email blast said they've been working on the follow up to Slaves Of Fear

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just got an email from the Patreon and the band has acquired the rights to the first two albums and are reissuing them with remastered sound and new packaging. Basically the Patreon is funding the project so all ++/+++ tier members will be included in the packaging.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I have no idea what level I am...I should check.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I'm Killer Elite 3. Just ordered the mystery box!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Im level 4 halfway to Level 5, but the Level 4 Tie Dye shirt has never (to my knowledge) been available to actually order so that kinda sucks.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I missed the listening party for it, so I haven't heard it yet, but HEALTH will be releasing a new collabo track with Lamb of God this Friday. Very left field collaboration with them, and I'm pretty excited to hear how this turned out.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I missed the listening party for it, so I haven't heard it yet, but HEALTH will be releasing a new collabo track with Lamb of God this Friday. Very left field collaboration with them, and I'm pretty excited to hear how this turned out.
    I mean, they collaborated with Full of Hell already. Lamb of God isn't that surprising based on that.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The pre-orders for DISCO 4 :: PART II are up on the Patreon store. Seems like an official announcement will come either tonight or tomorrow. Got a couple of variants, a cassette, and a box set with both PART I and PART II in it.

The tracklisting is pretty damn great too.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The pre-orders for DISCO 4 :: PART II are up on the Patreon store. Seems like an official announcement will come either tonight or tomorrow. Got a couple of variants, a cassette, and a box set with both PART I and PART II in it.

The tracklisting is pretty damn great too.
    It's up now on Bandcamp.

https://youwillloveeachother.bandcam...disco4-part-ii

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

What a nice track! This shapes the top of my favourite albums this year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just snagged the last 2xCD package from Bandcamp. Didn't expect this one to sell out before the Vinyl and Cassette editions!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    CD version is still available on HEALTH fashion. I'll assume bandcamp will restock eventually.

The cover of the vinyl for Generations is embossed according to John

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Really cool that they're selling the DISCO GENERATIONS o-card separately

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

These guys just keep knocking everything they touch out of the park. The new album can't get here fast enough.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Goddamn, this album will be so good!

As for Still Breathing - I get heavy Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio vibes. Something I didn't expect, yet it feels so fitting for this collaboration.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    been listening to Death Magic lately. it always pops up in my feed.

Man what a turning point for this band. Im not sure that they will ever beat that moment. It feels like a debut album.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    New album is out. New album is good!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I want a whole record's worth of songs that sound like These Days.

Anyone have any insight on when the vinyl is supposed to ship out?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzkokehead View Post
    I want a whole record's worth of songs that sound like These Days.

Anyone have any insight on when the vinyl is supposed to ship out?
    Tentatively mid July according the Patreon.

Man I love this series of collabo albums. I really hope they keep that ball rolling for the next album cycle + Disco5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tentatively mid July according the Patreon.

Man I love this series of collabo albums. I really hope they keep that ball rolling for the next album cycle + Disco5.
    The article in Kerrang basically said that collaborations is where the DISCO series will continue because trying to wrangle remixes from different people was proving to be more trouble than it was worth.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    So many good tracks, and visuals too, on this thing. I'm glad NIN did their collab with them otherwise I'd have never heard of them most likely. It's been one of my favorite artist discoveries in a long time. What's really crazy to me is how half of these collabs are with artists I really wouldn't like but their production gives the whole thing a cohesive vibe. It's like they have found the exact perfect sweet spot with all the genres of music I like.