Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Twin Peaks - Spoilers

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Lynch seems to be hiding his music in the show. The first found instance was during Sarah Palmer's first scene, where his song Last Call is played
    http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/music/...ing-last-call/

Tonight I figured out that when you slow the part down when the convenience store is disappearing, you can hear Lynch's song Star Dream Girl
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqbpyp9qa3...ore1.flac?dl=0

for camparison

I don't think anyone else has discovered this. Or at least if they did, I haven't seen it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Time to speculate who is JUDY:

- Is it the mother of all evil? (who is also Sarah Palmer?)
    - Is it Diane?
    - Is it the girl with no eyes? (Naido?)
    - Is it the old lady that cooper met at Las Vegas?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I wonder if Richard is DoppleCoop's son. Something happened to Audrey and I'm trying to reconcile this with an experience she has with DoppleCoop after he leaves the Black Lodge, similar to the experience Diane and Major Briggs had shortly after he emerged.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Time to speculate who is JUDY:

- Is it the mother of all evil? (who is also Sarah Palmer?)
    - Is it Diane?
    - Is it the girl with no eyes? (Naido?)
    - Is it the old lady that cooper met at Las Vegas?
    Someone on Facebook suggested (because of his first name) that it's Maj. Garland Briggs.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Someone on Facebook suggested (because of his first name) that it's Maj. Garland Briggs.
    Judy Garland ahahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Judy Garland ahahahahahahaha
    Right?? In context though, it... kinda makes sense!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I heard the "Briggs theory" and it makes some sense, i guess the Major told Philip Jeffries about Evil Coop and his plans...

Did the Major knew about evil coop's plan to bring back "Mother"?, man i love how this series fucks with our heads...

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I wonder if Richard is DoppleCoop's son. Something happened to Audrey and I'm trying to reconcile this with an experience she has with DoppleCoop after he leaves the Black Lodge, similar to the experience Diane and Major Briggs had shortly after he emerged.
    This has been the running assumption for two months now, ever since it was stated 'Coop' visited her in the hospital while she was comatose.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Do you guys think this "mother" is also the so called "devilish one"?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yes, many fans are assuming that

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    This has been the running assumption for two months now, ever since it was stated 'Coop' visited her in the hospital while she was comatose.
    Good! I just caught up on Twin Peaks overall in that timeframe. Great minds think alike.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    David Bowie Is:

A teapot

That aside...how wonderful is it to finally, finally have closure for Ed and Norma?

Got pretty choked up at Margaret's send-off.

Also: Veils. I liked what I heard. Will investigate further.
    favorite veils song, by far - jesus for the jugular

the song they played on TP was produced by El-P, which is pretty cool. definitely had his vibe to it.

we were BAWLING when ed & norma finally got together. i can't even tell you how happy i am. and then we cheered when dopple-coop beat up richard

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    You guys think the Ed & Norma bit is real then? i mean i don't see why it wouldn't be but stranger things have happened lol at first i was thinking about that scene perhaps being in Ed's head when he closed his eyes.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    favorite veils song, by far - jesus for the jugular

the song they played on TP was produced by El-P, which is pretty cool. definitely had his vibe to it.
    I've been listening to Total Depravity and I like what I'm hearing

Pretty sure Ed and Norma are legit. The only thing which seems particularly suspect is Audrey's entire scenario - it really feels like "Going to the roadhouse" might be code for "Waking up from a coma".

I'd be quite let down if Ed and Norma's scenario was some sort of illusion. Nadine's entire character is redeemed, wonderfully setting her up with that kook Jacoby in all likelihood - and those two finally get the chance to not be miserable.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I'd be quite let down if Ed and Norma's scenario was some sort of illusion. Nadine's entire character is redeemed, wonderfully setting her up with that kook Jacoby in all likelihood - and those two finally get the chance to not be miserable.
    I can't see Lynch doing the dream sequence thing this late in the game. He seems too sentimental not to let us have a sweet ending for those two.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    <3

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I think I love the Twin Peaks Reddit a little too much

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I think I love the Twin Peaks Reddit a little too much
    I joined a few FB ones like Logposting and they have kept me entertained, too.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Hey refresh my memory, earlier in season 3 and they went back to Buenos Aires and they show something in a bowl.. i can't remember if it was a phone or what it was but it looked like it shrunk? What was that all about again? anyone know what I'm talking about? lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Hey refresh my memory, earlier in season 3 and they went back to Buenos Aires and they show something in a bowl.. i can't remember if it was a phone or what it was but it looked like it shrunk? What was that all about again? anyone know what I'm talking about? lol
    There was some black box in a bowl that seemed to be magically linked to Mr. C, and when he called it from the jail, the electronics went crazy. It turned into a gold ball, like Dougie. It served its purpose. Looks like Mr. C knows some magic tricks? I'm not sure what will happen with that.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Music news: Dean Hurley put out a collection of the dark ambient tracks and SFX he's done for the new series. Five bucks at Bandcamp. I'm gonna go ahead and yoink that; this is the good spooky shit.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Music news: Dean Hurley put out a collection of the dark ambient tracks and SFX he's done for the new series. Five bucks at Bandcamp. I'm gonna go ahead and yoink that; this is the good spooky shit.
    Getting this, too. By the way, I just noticed your title under the username.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

someone posted about it a couple pages back, i think. at first, the sacred bones website had the digital available and it also said "vinyl forthcoming" but the note about vinyl has since disappeared...which is disappointing.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    someone posted about it a couple pages back, i think. at first, the sacred bones website had the digital available and it also said "vinyl forthcoming" but the note about vinyl has since disappeared...which is disappointing.
    Blah, missed that then. I can't say I'm surprised though, easy on my ears as it is, a lot of it really is droning and SFX so it may not have had enough interested parties to justify the pressing. Sucks, I would have hopped on.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Be warned, there are spoilers out for part 16 because Sky On Demand in the UK released it early.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man. If Cooper does actually come back Kyle MacLachlan deserves an Emmy. The range of characters he's had to portray in this season (including a hopeful return for the Coop we all know and love) is astounding. He's simultaneously given us one of the most badass villains in tv history WHILE acting as one of the most lovable idiots in TV history HOPEFULLY coming full circle to one of the most upstanding, logical and calm TV detectives we've ever had.

Damn.

P.S. AND also the REAL Dougie Jones. A complete, all around sleezeball.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Holy fuck

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Outstanding, not much else to say.