Page 41 of 64 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1909

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barkhammer View Post
    What's Burton going to do? Share vox?
    Probably the same songs he sang during the 08 tour, the old ones Al can't stand. I saw one of the shows and Burton does do an good rendition of "Just One Fix" with the death metal growl at the end.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Twilight Zone, thoughts?
    Prolly one of the better songs I've heard from Al since Houses of the Mole, very Filth Pig/DSOTS-esque, but for a pretty repetitive melody there's no reason it needs to go on for 8 minutes. I was really amped on it at first but got pretty bored after a few minutes. If it was either chopped in half, or taken in a different direction about halfway through, could've potentially been a classic.

Last edited by imail724; 02-20-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Twilight Zone, thoughts?
    Much better than the single, it reminded me a bit to "Eureka Pile" (maybe because it's repetitive in the good way..) and to some of the earlier "industrial-Ministry" in LORAH, if the new album is more in this "style" i'm up for it! (but i doubt it...)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    WE'RE GOIIING TO BUIILD A WAAAALLLLLLL
    After first listen, I don't know what to say about this album. Can't even say it's better than From Beer To Eternity.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    WE'RE GOIIING TO BUIILD A WAAAALLLLLLL
    After first listen, I don't know what to say about this album. Can't even say it's better than From Beer To Eternity.
    some interesting background noises in there but it's amazing how they manage to screw up the somewhat ok songs with all this crap on top instead of keeping them simple. Too many songs dragging on too so yeah, that's another one that probably won't get too many more plays from me.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This band died after Animositisomina. The band REALLY died after The Last Sucker.

I gave the new CD a listen and can conclude it's even worse than what I thought I'd be.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    This band died after Animositisomina. The band REALLY died after The Last Sucker.

I gave the new CD a listen and can conclude it's even worse than what I thought I'd be.
    Really? From what I heard, it made me optimistic. Sounds like al actually tried. I'll probably check it out later.

Edit - a few tracks in and I'm immediately getting a DSOTS vibe from this. It's weird. We're never getting an album like 90s ministry again. He doesn't have it in him any more. Gotta give him some props though. He really did something different here. Victims of a Clown has a very Eureka Pile vibe. From one listen, it's already better than the last two. There's some actual effort here. It's a very weird album.
    Last edited by Piko; 03-08-2018 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I actually enjoyed most of the Bush trilogy but this new album is fucking awful

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    I hated most of the Bush trilogy. I'll have to give this more listens. But so far I'm liking it. At least more than the Bush stuff. The Bush stuff just had nothing really happen there but be fast and hard. So real substance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The Bush trilogy had better production and the songs had bite. AmeriKKKant sounds watered down and aimless which is surprising because I thought Al might be fired up from the state of the country. The DJ shit doesn't mesh well either. I really wanted to like this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I hated most of the Bush trilogy. I'll have to give this more listens. But so far I'm liking it. At least more than the Bush stuff. The Bush stuff just had nothing really happen there but be fast and hard. So real substance.
    Rio Grande Blood is the shit. LOVE that album.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Only liked a few songs off Rio. Fear wasn't one of them.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Only liked a few songs off Rio. Fear wasn't one of them.
    I just posted a random one. The title track, Señor Peligro, Ass Clown and Khyber Pass are my favorites.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I just posted a random one. The title track, Señor Peligro, Ass Clown and Khyber Pass are my favorites.
    For me, I liked Rio Grande Blood, Ass Clown, Gangreen, Lies Lies Lies and Khyber Pass.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    This band died after With Sympathy

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    This band died after With Sympathy
    don't know if you're trolling but i've said many times that it's literally the only ministry album i enjoy, and i love it. i don't care how cheesy al's fake british accent is, it's a fucking fantastic dark synthpop album and i listen to it all the time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    don't know if you're trolling but i've said many times that it's literally the only ministry album i enjoy, and i love it. i don't care how cheesy al's fake british accent is, it's a fucking fantastic dark synthpop album and i listen to it all the time.
    It's definitely very underrated. For me, Twitch, just kills it. Isle of Men > With Sympathy. Early 80s ministry is pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Only halfway. Everything up until Filth Pig is a stone cold classic to me, and that includes WS. I agree with the sentiment utterly.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Some of the samples are utterly hilarious, Trump building a wall is all over this album. The album literally opens with a Trump sample.

My favorite moment is the over use of Chaplin samples and the Pac Man game over sample. It gave a healthy chuckle.

I think it takes away a lot of power when you know where sample came from so clearly. And they're not so well used either.

Best song is probably Wargasm. I feel like it approaches politics in a way you'd expect old Ministry, in a way it won't feel dated.

Not gonna see myself listening to it again, some good riffs and vocal performances. But really, it's new Ministry.
    Last edited by HWB; 03-09-2018 at 04:49 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Got my record from Nuclear Blast today. Its a sweet looking record and came with an autographed promo poster (cover art of the LP). Didn't expect that at all, so that was cool. Will give the record a spin tomorrow.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Al was in the Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast on Monday March 5, 2018. It’s a fun listen.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    a few tracks in and I'm immediately getting a DSOTS vibe from this. It's weird. We're never getting an album like 90s ministry again. He doesn't have it in him any more. Gotta give him some props though. He really did something different here. Victims of a Clown has a very Eureka Pile vibe. From one listen, it's already better than the last two. There's some actual effort here. It's a very weird album.
    Yeah it did remind me to "Dark Side of the Spoon", i do like that album so it wasn't a terrible listen for me.
    Many of you were complaining for "Heavy Metal Ministry", now we have a different kind of album, i get it's not the greatest Ministry album, but it's miles ahead of "Form Beer to Eternity", i also agree that it's a weird album, you can hear some of the "Surgical Meth Machine" influence there...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Since 2004, we got the same album over and over again. Worse and worse than the one before. This one, Al decided to take a risk and do something different. It's a very weird album but it's the first ministry album in years that I feel some genuine effort. It's a fun listen. Ministry is past it's prime. But this is the first album since 2004 that made say "oh shit". The bar was set pretty low to be fair. It's not an album of the year candidate. But, Al did good here.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    random, but I went to a NIN autograph signing when AATCB came out. I was a teen who was geeking out, and was just getting into Ministry at the time thanks to hearing Trent namedrop the band and his involvement with Revco/Al's involvement with Get Down Make Love.

when I approached the autograph table, instead of thanking them or saying I appreciate their music, I nervously said, "what do you think the best Ministry album is?" Trent mentioned Twitch, and Danny said "no way man, it's the Land of Rape and Honey" (or perhaps it was Trent who said LORAH/Danny said Twitch) , either way, it spurned a mini discussion between them and myself breaking down some of the songs from those albums. they seemed really happy to be talking about music other than their own, and they were really appreciative. coolest two mins of my teenage years for sure.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Ok I gotta check this out now

Also Trent saying Twitch is just about right to me. Makes a ton of sense.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    random, but I went to a NIN autograph signing when AATCB came out. I was a teen who was geeking out, and was just getting into Ministry at the time thanks to hearing Trent namedrop the band and his involvement with Revco/Al's involvement with Get Down Make Love.

when I approached the autograph table, instead of thanking them or saying I appreciate their music, I nervously said, "what do you think the best Ministry album is?" Trent mentioned Twitch, and Danny said "no way man, it's the Land of Rape and Honey" (or perhaps it was Trent who said LORAH/Danny said Twitch) , either way, it spurned a mini discussion between them and myself breaking down some of the songs from those albums. they seemed really happy to be talking about music other than their own, and they were really appreciative. coolest two mins of my teenage years for sure.
    I know Danny was HUGE into LoRaH...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    coolest two mins of my teenage years for sure.
    Damn right. What a great conversation to be involved in. If I ever met Trent I'd be more inclined to grill him about music he likes than anything else, I think.

Initially I'm voting for Land Of Rape And Honey myself, but to be honest I don't think there's much in it between those early records. All truly brilliant in their own ways, which is what makes me sad about the quality of most of the new material. What happened to that genius mind?

Reminds me - I'm just waiting to receive a copy of the Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? single. I actually have the 12" single (KY Jelly and all), but I'm keen to have HQ copies of the b-sides. Linger Ficken' Good is certainly flawed, but to this day remains a favourite. I don't think I ever loved anything Al did as much after that record, as good as some of it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I absolutely hated the Antifa song. The recent video for Twilight Zone sounds a lot better and more of what I think of as the Ministry I liked growing up in the 90's.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Antifa is probably the weakest song on the new album.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I finally got around to listening to the new album. Honestly, this is probably the most I have enjoyed a Ministry album in quite a while. It is doubtful I'll ever listen to it again, but I didn't immediately want that hour of my life back as with some of the more resent output. I got a Filth Pig vibe from it over all. I could have done with so much of that quasi record scratching, but in general it wasn't so bad.