Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Titanfall

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I really, really enjoy the gameplay of Titanfall and I think the game is fun but only just after two weeks, I can honestly say that I am bored with. Shame.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I really, really enjoy the gameplay of Titanfall and I think the game is fun but only just after two weeks, I can honestly say that I am bored with. Shame.
    Really? I'm not. You can really master this game.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Haven't played much before today. FINALLY got the satchel charge and plasma cannon challenges done so just a few more levels until Regen 4. What a grind that was haha.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Haven't played much before today. FINALLY got the satchel charge and plasma cannon challenges done so just a few more levels until Regen 4. What a grind that was haha.
    The next one sucks even worse. Just wait till you have to do the critical charge one. My advice is to do all the other ones first and then join Titan only matches and hop out of the Titan right at the beginning.... Have fun

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    The next one sucks even worse. Just wait till you have to do the critical charge one. My advice is to do all the other ones first and then join Titan only matches and hop out of the Titan right at the beginning.... Have fun
    Last Titan Standing is how I banged out the plasma cannon challenge. FML on the next one haha.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Last Titan Standing is how I banged out the plasma cannon challenge. FML on the next one haha.
    I'm gen 5 level 50 like a gazillion players out there because of the insane gooser challenge: kill 50 ejecting pilots. It's fucking bonkers.

The good news is Respawn has acknowledged it's craziness and will reduce it to 5, they said soon but it's yet to change. I can't fathom how some of these gen 6+ guys got through this challenge.

Ive tried this challenge for over an hour and have only managed 4 ( this includes the rodeo strategy where a pilot ejects right in front of you)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First DLC 'Expedition' drops in May.

- Takes place after the campaign story.
    - New map 'Swampland' with 'lots of tall trees that you can wallrun on'. Instead of bouncing back and forth, you can run around the tree as you go up. Lots of height to the map.
    - Another new map called 'Runoff', lots of water.
    - Another new map called 'Wargames' which is 'sort of TRON inspired'.

- In the future, 'more game modes and maps'. One new free mode is like a wingman version of Last Titan Standing (2 vs 2).

- Variants coming...for limited times (they think about a week or a day) where maps or modes may have limited changes, i.e. no grunts, double grunts, different things happening in maps, walls slightly moving, etc. etc.

- Weapon and Titan customization coming.

- New Titan themed burn cards (for weapons, abilities, etc).

- Possible spectator mode someday, as well as competitive rankings.

- Daily/weekly/monthly challenges coming, as well as bonus XP weekends.

- Later this year, there will also be a way to play on a team via hashtag or other ways via social media. If you meet someone online on Twitter, etc. you can enter the hashtag and it'll connect you with those people.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 04-12-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Official release:

In the wake of the Battle of Demeter, IMC Expeditionary Forces travel deep into Frontier space to recover from their recent defeat. On an uncharted world, the IMC begin construction of a new fleet operations base, using newly acquired water collection and filtration plants to support the new base. When drainage operations reveal ancient ruins and artifacts of an unknown origin in a nearby swamp, Spyglass activates an archaeological team to investigate the site. To maintain battle readiness at the new base, IMC Pilots use simulation pods to train for anticipated Militia raids, based on lessons learned in Angel City and IMC Airbase Sierra.

Titanfall Expedition is the first of three new content packs with each pack available for $9.99. For fans looking to get all three content packs while saving a few bucks, the Titanfall Season Pass is the way to go. Available for a one-time price of $24.99*, the Titanfall Season Pass is available for Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC and delivers all three content packs as soon as they become available.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Is this just maps? If it's maps only and no new Titan classes or weapons this is fucking weak for a paid DLC.

Unsure if I want to buy. I might just take the free updates and whatever they give with them weapon wise.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Hasnt dlC always been about maps? I'm confused on way people are still shocked by this. Maps DLC have been happening since halo 2 days when they were $8 bucks a pop

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    As far as I know, yeah.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hasnt dlC always been about maps? I'm confused on way people are still shocked by this. Maps DLC have been happening since halo 2 days when they were $8 bucks a pop
    This is an online only game that's already wearing thin from massive gameplay time with 16 maps. 3 fucking maps for an online only game for 10.00 is a bad practice. Least with COD and Battlefield's overpriced map packs you got something else in them as well (BF you always you always get assignments and weapons and in COD you always get additional mode maps/levels) ontop of a single player (medicore or not) mode ontop of that. If Titanfall is an online only game and only coughing up 3 maps and that's it for paid, 10.00 a pop DLC, they need their heads examined.

I'm all for it if they include new weapons and Titans in that as well but from the impression I see, those will be free updates so far.

As far as I know, yeah.
    Bleh.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    While I agree that 3 maps for ten bucks without extra content is a bit of a rip, adding more than that with a total of 16 to begin with would be a burnout. Imagine the map rotation, ugh.

To be honest, what I wanted more out of this game was more chasis skins. If programming is an issue, skin the chassis classes we already have. That way at least its giving the illusion of having a unique titan. I hope for the sequel we will get customizable titans.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This is an online only game that's already wearing thin from massive gameplay time with 16 maps. 3 fucking maps for an online only game for 10.00 is a bad practice. Least with COD and Battlefield's overpriced map packs you got something else in them as well (BF you always you always get assignments and weapons and in COD you always get additional mode maps/levels) ontop of a single player (medicore or not) mode ontop of that. If Titanfall is an online only game and only coughing up 3 maps and that's it for paid, 10.00 a pop DLC, they need their heads examined.

I'm all for it if they include new weapons and Titans in that as well but from the impression I see, those will be free updates so far.

Bleh.
    We are getting new modes, supposedly some skins for weapons and emblems on titans. I can't for the life of me understand this idea that it's only "half a game" because it doesn't have some shit 8 hour campaign mode. For fuck sakes I can't remember the last fps campaign I played all the way through ? Maybe halo reach?

15 maps is a lot, especially since they're all pretty good maps. I agree the level of customization is thin and there should be a lot more but this game is so addicting, so capable of being mastered that I'd hate to see backlash to the point the games core is fucked with to make it more appealing to casual players.

Respawn is a small team, it would be hard for them to come out with something like another call of duty where the mechanics are all there and they're just throwing a bunch of remixed shit on top.

We don't need new weapons or titans for this iteration. We just need more maps, game modes and skins and I think that's what we're getting .

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    We are getting new modes, supposedly some skins for weapons and emblems on titans. I can't for the life of me understand this idea that it's only "half a game" because it doesn't have some shit 8 hour campaign mode. For fuck sakes I can't remember the last fps campaign I played all the way through ? Maybe halo reach?

15 maps is a lot, especially since they're all pretty good maps. I agree the level of customization is thin and there should be a lot more but this game is so addicting, so capable of being mastered that I'd hate to see backlash to the point the games core is fucked with to make it more appealing to casual players.

Respawn is a small team, it would be hard for them to come out with something like another call of duty where the mechanics are all there and they're just throwing a bunch of remixed shit on top.

We don't need new weapons or titans for this iteration. We just need more maps, game modes and skins and I think that's what we're getting .
    I'm not knocking it for not having single player but they could've done so much more multiplayer wise. All we have are 3 Titan classes, 12 weapons (I think?), 3 side arms, 3 anti-Titan weapons and 16 maps for a game that's supposed to last roughly 2-3 years as an Xbox One flagship title. I don't see it. I LOVE the game, I honestly do but I'd rather much go back to playing Battlefield 4 and keep returning to Gears of War 3 as I have been than play this. It's a solid game, it just doesn't have lasting appeal. I'm just saying a paid DLC that has only 3 maps isn't gonna cut it. It's not worth the asking price.

If weapons and Titan classes and modes are in the PAID DLC, then I'll eat my words. If they're going to be free updates (which we have inferred now) then paid DLC isn't worth it, which is the whole angle I'm getting at.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

You've also gotta realize that devs are fighting against the day and age we live in. Now when games are released, the culture is that people will frantically play them for 11 hours in a row for the first week straight. Of course people will get burned out on things compared to 15 years ago. Growing up there were 4 disc PS1 rpg's I never came close to beating. But I was also playing now and then. Titanfall dropped and some idiot was Gen 10 in like a day and a half. It's a different time.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    You've also gotta realize that devs are fighting against the day and age we live in. Now when games are released, the culture is that people will frantically play them for 11 hours in a row for the first week straight. Of course people will get burned out on things compared to 15 years ago. Growing up there were 4 disc PS1 rpg's I never came close to beating. But I was also playing now and then. Titanfall dropped and some idiot was Gen 10 in like a day and a half. It's a different time.
    Yah, I can understand this. People are obsessed with achievements, and the metagames more than the actual core game. Titanfall definitely lacks in this department and I think it was a matter of resources more than anything. It's a new company, small team compared to these other studios, with an unproven IP. I'm sure the next installment will be much deeper.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I picked up the 360 version and I love it, but I agree its going to require further expansion otherwise it will die in months. More maps, modes, and customization options would be great.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Ive been waiting for this game to hit the live marketplace. *goes and looks*

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Trailer for the new maps look bitching

Getting season pass now

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    They do look cool. I will invest in them. Thanks for the link.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The first DLC drops this Thursday May 15th on Xbox One and PC. I think the xbox 360 one drops a few weeks later.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    So you can no longer carry the flag with a Titan in ctf. Welcomed change that should improve that mode 10 fold.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    They're nerfing the carbine. This game may be dead to me

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been playing this game a decent amount recently (finally regenerated for the first time), I do like that they give it a decent amount of support I remember getting on for the first time after a bit and seeing they changed a bunch of stuff (for the better might I add). So that's pretty cool. I generally also enjoyed the maps from the DLC so hopefully these will be just as good or better.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 07-08-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, I get the same with most multiplayer-centric titles. I have to admit, the only one I really got into for any prolonged period of time was Quake III Arena and maybe Quake Wars. This I had really high hopes for in terms of keeping me hooked and it felt a lot like Quake Wars and I think I played solidly for a week. But it suffers from the same awful matchmaking of a lot of online games and once I win, who's there to celebrate with me? I guess I'm just bad at making online friends and I sometimes feel that a levelling system means that I need to invest time and energy that I don't have these days into a multiplayer shooter.

That said for those who have the time and indeed the skill to rank up it is undoubtedly a fantastic title. I just wish there were more basic modes in these games for players who don't want to go through the ranks. I do realise this may leave it open to exploitation from higher ranked players, but the matchmaking doesn't work for me either.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)