Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN-Spotting 2013 (Part 1/2)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Nice spot! That Sound City Players page is also not referenced anywhere on the official Sound City Movie page.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I had Wednesday's episode of Jimmy Fallon playing in the background today, the trailer for Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters was shown (one of the actors was on the show promoting he movie), my ears picked up on an edit/version of The Wretched. It would appear the trailer for this movie was released some time ago last year but this is new info to me, sorry if this has already been posted ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn, Trent is playing a good game of hide and seek! Finding him is proving to be a challenge. I bet he's doing a Bowie - forced all his closest friends and family into silence until he makes a surprise announcement that he will release a new album. That'll be cool if this turns out to be the case :-D

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav Gahan View Post
    Damn, Trent is playing a good game of hide and seek! Finding him is proving to be a challenge. I bet he's doing a Bowie - forced all his closest friends and family into silence until he makes a surprise announcement that he will release a new album. That'll be cool if this turns out to be the case :-D
    We already know he's working on a new album, but it won't be out for a while. Trent doesn't talk so much these days, but when he does he's fairly forthcoming.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rav Gahan View Post
    Does he need to perpetually be in the public eye? The marketing machine for Welcome oblivion hasn't started (officially) yet, so he's most likely just enjoying the calm before the storm. He's enjoying it, Q's probably enjoying it, and Rob's never really silent anyway but there's nothing for him to openly talk about HTDA-wise right now. Give the dude his time to be invisible.

And what surprise announcement? We've known about the album for months now. The only surprise will be if there's a 300 dollar deluxe edition, and even then, who would call that a surprise?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I think he's talking about NIN.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Oh. Oops.

Even so, I don't think we'll be seeing any NIN this year. I was enthusiastic about the possibility of NIN touring alongside HTDA, but I don't know if Trent will want to do that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Oh. Oops.

Even so, I don't think we'll be seeing any NIN this year. I was enthusiastic about the possibility of NIN touring alongside HTDA, but I don't know if Trent will want to do that.
    Yeah, I don't think HDTA opening for NIN is a great idea. I do think the best way to start out HDTA's touring career is by having them open for a completely different band though. It'd be a much better way of exposing them to a non-NIN crowd.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Yeah, I don't think HDTA opening for NIN is a great idea. I do think the best way to start out HDTA's touring career is by having them open for a completely different band though. It'd be a much better way of exposing them to a non-NIN crowd.
    Queens of the Stone Age

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    watched School of Rock, and spotted the NIN logo in the window at 1:06:05

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Queens of the Stone Age
    While I (and, I'm sure, many other people) would relish the opportunity to see this pairing, I don't think it's a good match. Queens have a very loyal base of well-intending but rather narrow-minded fans who prefer straight-rocking heavy jams and that's not at all what HTDA is doing.

Spotting on the 'deep web' if you will: the extended version of Uncoiled (for donors) is on what.cd; sadly it isn't burning up the Top Ten like the original edition did.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...r_and_founder/

Q. What was the deal with Marilyn Manson's Alice involvement? I've heard a lot of things on the internet but internet things are unreliable.

A. He was involved, then he wasn't. They (Manson/NIN people) are a mercurial bunch. Never figured out what the real motivation for the sudden departure was. But we did get a couple of really beautiful tracks out of it - sadly, I'm legally forbidden from releasing them. So I listen to them by myself and smile.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Anti-spotting: relieved to see no NIN on the coachella bill. Love NIN, but fuck the past -- onto the future!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    The list of things NIN aren't playing this year is rather long

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    Anti-spotting: relieved to see no NIN on the coachella bill. Love NIN, but fuck the past -- onto the future!
    I am relieved as well, because now I can cancel my vacation I had planned in April in case NIN returned at the festival, and use it for the Summer when I actually need it now, hah.

So this probably confirms there won't be any live NIN in 2013 at all. I couldn't see him returning this soon anyway. He will be back, but not til at least next year I would imagine.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post

So this probably confirms there won't be any live NIN in 2013 at all. .
    I'm not counting out the possibility of 2013 until the lineups for Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza are announced. The Bonnaroo lineup is announced in February and I believe the headliners for Lollapalooza are usually leaked in February. I think the only thing the lack of NIN at Coachella proves is that HTDA and NIN will not be touring together.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Aren't some of you guys jumping to conclusions too fast? It's only January ffs.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    HTDA are releasing an album in March so I project NIN will never release an album ever again

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Lol. Now what makes that a logical connection?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    Lol. Now what makes that a logical connection?
    He was being "sarcastic" to try and proove how stupid we are for jumping to "silly" conclusions. *rolls eyes*

Yet I find it rather amusing that a few posts up he practically AGREES that NIN won't be touring in 2013 with a quote that says...

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    The list of things NIN aren't playing this year is rather long
    And it wasn't Until @fillow told us to stop "jumping to conclusions" AKA: Playing NIN Fortune teller, then he decided to jump on the "he's right, NIN will be back this year" thought all of a sudden. Very odd...
    Last edited by ManBurning; 01-26-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    That quote was due to the "spotting" of NIN not playing Coachella. Spotting NIN not playing a festival is about as useful as a chocolate teapot

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, some of us were making travel plans based on whether NIN was going to be at coachella or not, so it was a pretty fair "spotting" if you ask me.

You should try it one day, the next time NIN announces their first show in xx number of years, hop on a plane and enjoy the festivities, it's a wonderful feeling!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    ...a chocolate teapot
    that sounds pretty tasty, man...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Hey yo, what happened to NIN Spotting JUST being NIN Spotting...?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Stupid iPhone.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 01-30-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Adrian Belew is the "touring guitarist" for Nine Inch Nails this year?

Link.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Link.
    If we didn't have enough confirmation from TR's reddit session, this should be 100% confirmation that "Nine Inch Nails is touring in 2013".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Link.

Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    Ok, here's my "complete" guess at what will happen:

Trent keeps himself busy with HTDA during the first half of 2013. Album and shows turn out to be sort of disappointing, only make people miss NIN even more.

Since people are desperately craving for some NIN, out comes The Fragile's deluxe edition rerelease around August (special edition will cost $200), and a US tour of the album played in its entirety (because eff you rest of the world or something?).
    The same people who faceplamed this post will be the same ones to say "oh yeah, basically I knew about The Fragile tour with Belew back in January, totally predictable, not really news for me."

EDIT: I'd say more than halfway to confirmed, after this

Last edited by FernandoDante; 01-30-2013 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Of course, this totally means that Trent HAS to cover some King Crimson