Thread: Nintendo

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my dad gave me an x-mas bonus for the first time in 6(?) years, so i got a switch! went and picked it up yesterday along with breath of the wild and mario kart 8 (traded in my WiiU versions of both of those games), an extra pair of joycons & an extra comfort grip. i asked the guy to renew my power up pro membership, which apparently he didn't do...but thankfully i found out when i went into a different gamestop today to use the $5 off coupon (that i forgot to use yesterday) and picked up Axiom Verge.

my wife and i spent half the day playing mario kart yesterday, and i'm really looking forward to some four-player action (although the joycons are so tiny on their own it's going to take some getting used to when we play that way).

oh, and breath of the wild is actually noticeably better on the switch. it comes out in proper 5.1 (though it took me a while to figure out where to turn that on in the settings), it sounds incredible, and it looks even smoother. i'm pumped to play through the whole thing again, and differently than last time.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh, and breath of the wild is actually noticeably better on the switch. it comes out in proper 5.1 (though it took me a while to figure out where to turn that on in the settings), it sounds incredible, and it looks even smoother. i'm pumped to play through the whole thing again, and differently than last time.
    I'm on my third playthrough (first was just to play it through, second to see how fast I could, and now going for 100% of all the things, Master Mode, and all the DLC finally - And every single play through has STILL had its own great moments of discovery and shenanigans and some different events. It really is a masterpiece of a game.