Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Another request for the link to Q-NeiL's torrent here. Cheers in advance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This album doesn't piss me off, it just doesn't really do anything for me. I agree with the sentiment that they should've avoided including songs from the EP on the album, I've listened to those songs already and had my fill (which was maybe 4 or 5 listens) and now I just want to skip them. There are a few moments that I found cool but overall I'm not itching to listen to it again. A lot of music that has come out this year so far has really impressed me (Atoms For Peace, Jamie Lidell, Autechre, Matmos, My Bloody Valentine), I wish this were making the list, but it ain't. That said, I think it's a million times better than, say, With Teeth or The Slip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I spent some time creating the individual song pages on ninwiki. Any help transcribing the lyrics would be greatly appreciated!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furie_Zacharias View Post
    I spent some time creating the individual song pages on ninwiki. Any help transcribing the lyrics would be greatly appreciated!
    Yeah sorry, I was doing that but fell asleep.

And Welcome Oblivion might just be the best thing ever.

Also, anyone know if Ally is backing vocals on WFA? Combination of distorted vocals and his pretty high voice means I can't tell

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    could i get a d/l link aswell please, many thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last edited by Q-NeilL; 02-20-2013 at 03:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Another request for the link to Q-NeiL's torrent here. Cheers in advance.
    Me too, please...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just finished my first listen - this is great stuff!
    Any trepidation I may have had with An Omen (which was little), is gone.
    I'd love to see how they are going to do this live - at an outdoor 'rock' festival, I know it will be great, but it's going to be a challenge!
    Too Late... is the immediate standout for me.
    Last edited by danebraddy; 02-20-2013 at 04:13 AM. Reason: was going to bitch about the begging for links, but gave up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'll wait for the HD flacs. Any lower quality wouldn't do their efforts justice.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Which is why the band put it up as a Web stream.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Guys, I'm disappointed in you!
    ets used to be a place where I could come to feel like a total noob, and now it is filled with people who aren't even able to google "welcome oblivion" in quotations marks and "rar", setting the filters for search results to the last 24 hours?

Hehehe, maybe it's a cultural thing, those of us who actually grew up with old school "illegal" leaks learned the tricks of the trade in a time before a records leak was a carefully crafted & timed PR-method

No offense, just thinking loud.

OH AND BY THE WAY: EVERYBODY HAVING PROBLEMS with the skippy songs (they're everywhere, I tried 3 different rips, none was without problems), TRY THIS OUT: Set the iTunes-starting time for the song to 0:03,66 - that should do the trick. 4 seconds cuts of just a little to much, especially with "How long?"
    Enjoy!

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    I'll wait for the HD flacs. Any lower quality wouldn't do their efforts justice.
    What do you have the ears of a dog or cat or something?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Which is why the band put it up as a Web stream.
    which is most likely why the label forced them to put it up on the buggy pitchfork player (regardless if Rob likes its concept). Anyway they also have to follow the herd in some way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What do you have the ears of a dog or cat or something?
    judging their shape: no. But i definitely hear a difference from 320kb to 24bit flac, call me delirious if you like. But even if not i'd prefer the best available resolution simply because the artist intended and paid for it.

and by the way: i did listen to each of the new songs a bit on the stream which brought me to the original statement.
    Last edited by baudolino; 02-20-2013 at 05:44 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    oh, ffs, they're not victims. NIN has streamed an album before official release previously. But this time, HTDA is doing it proactively, before the leak... and doing it at the same time they put up their preorders. It's tactical.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    judging their shape: no. But i definitely hear a difference from 320kb to 24bit flac, call me delirious if you like. But even if not i'd prefer the best available resolution simply because the artist intended and paid for it.

and by the way: i did listen to each of the new songs a bit on the stream which brought me to the original statement.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Recursive Self-Improvement - instrumental with layered vocals (La Mer) or song with really hard to hear vocals (Greater Good)?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    oh, ffs, they're not victims. NIN has streamed an album before official release previously. But this time, HTDA is doing it proactively, before the leak... and doing it at the same time they put up their preorders. It's tactical.

sure, i am aware of that too. though, there would be still other alternatives to achieve that. if they hadn't decided to go with columbia, which they definitely have their reasons for.

edit: but i listen to music because of the sonic experience not because of some high res pictures/vine clips or a questionable compromise of sound and visuals. Anyway, this discussion will hopefully be obsolete soon due to the availability/affordability of high res streams everywhere.

Edit: I am really curious why anyone would defend low/mid res audio streams? especially as a NIN fan...
    Last edited by baudolino; 02-20-2013 at 06:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    yes, if only she sang about fucking like animals, we could all get on board

this album is fucking killer. the production is unreal -- sort of like what Levi said way earlier, this has just depressed the fuck out of me because why should I even try making music, when nothing I can do would sound this good
    Screwdriver, why would you reply like this to the comment? I thought it was honest and mature but you came across like an ass.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CANTCOMPLAIN View Post
    I sincerely think that they shouldn't have released "An Omen" before the LP, with that and "How Long" we already knew like half of the album, and I would have prefered to listen all the songs now for the first time (and I know that nobody forced me to listen the EP, but that's like telling to a heroin addict that nobody has forced him to get a fix XD).
    I actually did manage to wait... I hadn't heard anything except KIT. "Ice Age" sounds nothing like I expected it to. I saw the video and lyrics, which were so dark and haunting, and the melody has such a lilt... the sound is so "bright." Does not compute. But I'm pretty sure I like it.

I can't get on board with "Too Late, All Gone" or "How Long" (but I couldn't stand "With Teeth" at first, either). Q totally reminds me of Peaches in TLAG -- which I like just fine. It's the chorus that grates on me. : /

"Welcome Oblivion" and "The Sky Began to Scream," on the other hand... goddamn.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    sure, i am aware of that too. though, there would be still other alternatives to achieve that. if they hadn't decided to go with columbia, which they definitely have their reasons for.

edit: but i listen to music because of the sonic experience not because of some high res pictures/vine clips or a questionable compromise of sound and visuals. Anyway, this discussion will hopefully be obsolete soon due to the availability/affordability of high res streams everywhere.

Edit: I am really curious why anyone would defend low/mid res audio streams? especially as a NIN fan...
    If the source of music isn't particularly terribly flawed, why bash it?
    ---
    Speaking of which, someone who preordered the vinyl version for its fuller and warmer and otherwise all the way around incredible sound, sell me your CD that's totally inferior in its dead digital worthlessness. Offering ten bucks plus post.
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 02-20-2013 at 07:45 AM. Reason: ---

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Hah, if the KIT vinyl is selling for $40+, I bet the "special limited white label CD with bonus tracks!!!!111!!!1!" will be going for twice that

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    If the source of music isn't particularly terribly flawed, why bash it?

Speaking of which, someone who preordered the vinyl version for its fuller and warmer and otherwise all the way around incredible sound, sell me your CD that's totally inferior in its dead digital worthlessness. Offering ten bucks plus post.
    sorry. I keep NIN/HTDA CDs out of sheer nostalgia. and basically i just said that i prefer to wait till the flac before i digest that album.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    @sheepdean
    you! hush! don't fuel greed

@baudolino
    i didn't mean you personally

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Hah, if the KIT vinyl is selling for $40+, I bet the "special limited white label CD with bonus tracks!!!!111!!!1!" will be going for twice that
    who said the white disk will be limited?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I think I smell sarcaism™ in sheepdean's reply

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I have a cold. my nose doesn't work well.

edit: 'hallowed ground' is awesome. so touchy, can't get enough of it...
    Last edited by witte; 02-20-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    hey guys, i don't know what happened but yesterday i make an order and never recieve a confirmation e-mail and there's no orders in my account... anyone have the same problem?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Good effort (sort of)...but I'll be stealing only a few songs and be on my way.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Best one since Year Zero.