Page 59 of 68 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2035

Thread: Qotsa

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Chic Tweetz is fucking hilarious. I kind of want Queens to go full Ween on the next record and get silly and weird
    My favourite is Berry's inner monologue, and the "rude boy!" interjections.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    Chic Tweetz is fucking hilarious. I kind of want Queens to go full Ween on the next record and get silly and weird
    I can't get that song of my head, it's like "Era Vulgaris" QUOTSA taken to another level...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

A post shared by on

It's finally here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I kinda want to like the new desert sessions. But also don’t really care for it. It makes me miss older carefree fun queens. Or early EoDM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, after 12 years Josh Homme and Brody Dalle are calling it quits.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...UzNT5mCOpiBpkg

I kinda wanna say I'm surprised but... I'm not.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Well, after 12 years Josh Homme and Brody Dalle are calling it quits.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/...UzNT5mCOpiBpkg

I kinda wanna say I'm surprised but... I'm not.
    “I always thought if I could go out with a chick with a mohawk who also read philosophy, I’d be winning. Brody is the real deal. She does everything the boys can do and a whole slew of things no boy ever could.”
    :: barf :: do people not realize how sexist and awful they sound when they say shit like this? it's like when white people are like "my black friend isn't really black, they're like white on the inside." (something my awful ex said multiple times about one of our friends)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    :: barf :: do people not realize how sexist and awful they sound when they say shit like this? it's like when white people are like "my black friend isn't really black, they're like white on the inside." (something my awful ex said multiple times about one of our friends)
    He kicked a female photographer in the face during one of his shows and later called it "inconsequential". Him making sexist comments only adds to him being a total piece of shit.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I totally get why y'all don't like Homme, and will jump on him for anything that is bad in his behaviour (which I certainly won't defend)... but maybe look at the rest of that Herald piece where the quote comes from before you throw his entire persona into the toxic masculinity bin?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I totally get why y'all don't like Homme, and will jump on him for anything that is bad in his behaviour (which I certainly won't defend)... but maybe look at the rest of that Herald piece where the quote comes from before you throw his entire persona into the toxic masculinity bin?
    Yeah, to be honest Josh seems like a pretty decent dude. Out of context quotes are lame and it's a little unfair to say he's a piece of shit for words he meant to be full of love. He was bragging about his chick, he loves(d) her. It was a sweet quote if you look at it for what it was, he absolutely wasn't looking to be all "yeah she's cool...for a WOMAN"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It's considered sexist to say your wife is an all-around, awesome person?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    It's considered sexist to say your wife is an all-around, awesome person?
    i guess that's just not how it came across to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    i guess that's just not how it came across to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Perhaps try understanding the intention instead of assuming the worst.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    Perhaps try understanding the intention instead of assuming the worst.
    i did try to understand the intention. but josh has said some shitty things in the past, and done some shitty things as well. i sat there for a while re-reading the quote. i thought about how people i've known who have been in relationships have said similar things and i've found out later they were being abusive toward their partners. i read the article with the full interview that @botley linked, and it didn't really change my opinion of what he said. so i didn't just assume the worst. i also phrased my thoughts in a way that indicated it being a widespread problem, not simply a josh problem. am i maybe misinterpreting what his intention was? possibly. i have said things in the past i wish i had said differently because the perception of what i said did not match my intention at all...but i learned from it and started communicating more clearly so as not to be misunderstood. i'm sorry that my reaction seems strong. i'm not saying i'm 100% right, either. just expressing how it made me feel.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    i did try to understand the intention. but josh has said some shitty things in the past, and done some shitty things as well. i sat there for a while re-reading the quote. i thought about how people i've known who have been in relationships have said similar things and i've found out later they were being abusive toward their partners. i read the article with the full interview that @botley linked, and it didn't really change my opinion of what he said. so i didn't just assume the worst. i also phrased my thoughts in a way that indicated it being a widespread problem, not simply a josh problem. am i maybe misinterpreting what his intention was? possibly. i have said things in the past i wish i had said differently because the perception of what i said did not match my intention at all...but i learned from it and started communicating more clearly so as not to be misunderstood. i'm sorry that my reaction seems strong. i'm not saying i'm 100% right, either. just expressing how it made me feel.
    Fair enough. Josh DOES have a history of blunders, but I think he also tries to make up for it after realizing he was wrong. I truly believe he felt remorse for the camera incident and that it wasn't just a publicity thing to save face. I think, ultimately, he has an issue with having too loose of a personality which tends to bring out a lot of poor decisions. He's said some things on The Alligator Hour that I'm sure were teetering on a line of "should I/shouldn't I" comments, but I think he's mostly just a playfully sarcastic person. He should probably not drink so much, though. He seems to get into bad situations when that happens.

As for your statement about trying to communicate more clearly, I would just like to point out that your reaction came off as someone trying to get praise for being an ally to women. I certainly don't disapprove of supporting women, but it just seemed too forced given the quote. I read it multiple times and never once thought he was belittling her as a woman, but praising her for what he perceived as strong traits that he truly admired about her.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 11-20-2019 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I'm all for being open about gender roles, and their pertinence to this discussion about a rock band. Some of us aren't trying to ally with women for the praise, as a matter of fact. Women have it tough, particularly in the music business. It's not like rock 'n roll is teeming with the best sorts of male role models. Joshua's apology for injuring the photographer at the front of the stage at a festival (yes, he was probably intoxicated or at least had some kind of impairment in order to act with such recklessness) highlighted that he wanted to work on that part of himself, and acknowledged he'd fallen short. Personally, I'm all for giving him a second shot at being in my list of favourite entertainers, but I totally respect anyone who doesn't feel that way about him anymore for whatever reason. Again, it was indefensible behaviour.

I can see why @eversonpoe read the quote the way they did, even given the context it does problematically assume that a woman is exceptional just on the basis of being "one of the guys", whatever that means. That's not exactly an empowering sentiment, in isolation. But given his commendable willingness to show sensitivity and a vulnerable side, it's also kind of charming that he has some gender hangups. The band is called Queens, for cryin' out loud, they're not exactly playing the macho card out front and centre like most heavy rockers.
    Last edited by botley; 11-22-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For anyone who missed it before, the Songs for the Deaf red and black vinyl is available currently without signing up for the monthly subscription:

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/produc...31239598276698

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Josh was also quite recently on Joe Rogan and I'm pretty sure he was profusely praising Brody in it. I think he said something like she is his greatest muse. The show was posted just six days ago, which would have been on the 19th (Brody filed on the 15th). I don't think there's that much of a delay between when they tape it and when they post it, but who knows. Anyway... there's another weird thing to add to the weird things pile with Qotsa and Josh Homme.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    peeps get divorced because they just no longer can be together, doesnt mean they're gone from their lives forever, specially with kids... besides, I think JH did the ultimate non-shitty thing by kicking Nick out at their commercial peak for beating his girl... idk...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    Josh was also quite recently on Joe Rogan and I'm pretty sure he was profusely praising Brody in it. I think he said something like she is his greatest muse. The show was posted just six days ago, which would have been on the 19th (Brody filed on the 15th). I don't think there's that much of a delay between when they tape it and when they post it, but who knows. Anyway... there's another weird thing to add to the weird things pile with Qotsa and Josh Homme.
    It's streamed live, and I honestly don't remember him even mentioning her once

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    It's streamed live, and I honestly don't remember him even mentioning her once
    Found the quotes. He mentioned her several times, but did not address the divorce.

http://www.alternativenation.net/jos...divorce-rumor/

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    If we could avoid further speculating about Josh's personal relationship statuses, at this point... that would be great.
    Last edited by botley; 11-25-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Found the quotes. He mentioned her several times, but did not address the divorce.

http://www.alternativenation.net/jos...divorce-rumor/
    My mistake

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdglss View Post
    ...besides, I think JH did the ultimate non-shitty thing by kicking Nick out at their commercial peak for beating his girl... idk...
    You know, I was much more on the same page as @botley and others before I wandered into this thread. In the process of digging up the Rogan stuff I ran into the quote mentioned briefly above, and just... yuck.

From a recent 2019 interview where Homme was asked about kicking Chelsea Lauren:

Homme told Rolling Stone: “Well, that’s really just a very insignificant part of all the things I’ve done in my life. I think in the time frame, certainly much more was made of it than necessary, and I think people take things and they run. And it’s not like anyone was going to listen to what I had to say, so I didn’t say really anything. And I don’t see the real reason to do it now.”
    Prior to reading that comment I had written out a whole post detailing all the abuse, trauma, and dysfunction of Homme and his inner circle. Some of it their fault, some clearly not. In a way it's a wonder things aren't worse after the Bataclan, but since then the whole camp has seemed kind of extra fucked. From Jesse calling the survivors of the Stoneman Douglas High shooting, "pathetic" and "disgusting vile abusers of the dead" to Josh kicking a girl in the face. Before that (and before the Bataclan obviously) he told Marc Maron he did too much meth (or strongly implied it) and that's how he wound up with the staph infection that almost ended his life (Like Clockwork era). Before that he kicked that one bass player guy out of the band for hitting his girlfriend and now they're friends again afaik. Then there's all this stuff (which isn't all bad, but paints a certain picture).

His world seems to reek of trauma, tragedy, drugs, fighting, and abuse (not always by him). I really don't know what to think anymore. It's hard to make excuses for someone mired in all that well into their 40s. I am very resistant to the idea of not giving people second chances but I have such a bad taste in my mouth.

edited for clarity

Last edited by Magtig; 11-25-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    From Mikey’s Instagram:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Before that he kicked that one bass player guy out of the band for hitting his girlfriend and now they're friends again afaik.
    This isn't necessarily a bad thing. People CAN change for the better. I'm pretty sure Nick knows he fucked up, feels like shit, and has attempted to not continue being that person. That's likely why they're cool again. I hate this concept that once someone does something bad in their life, they can't come back from it. Give people a fucking chance to grow!

Update:

I am very resistant to the idea of not giving people second chances but I have such a bad taste in my mouth.
    I reacted to your other comment before I saw this. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    From Mikey’s Instagram:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And on a positive note: FUCK YEAH!
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 12-31-2019 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggermine View Post
    ultimately, he has an issue with having too loose of a personality which tends to bring out a lot of poor decisions.
    After watching his recent podcast with Rogan, I'd say you're probably right about that. They were talking about persona and Josh said that he doesn't have one except there's an energy on stage sometimes that's aggressive and it's supported by how random he likes to be. It's also because of the artists he was influenced by where they made a show feel intimidating or scary and he relishes in that opportunity to let loose since it's not an appropriate feeling anywhere else.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I don't know if there was an Them Crooked Vulture thread but this just popped up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

that beard!