Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 1909

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Thank you again!!
    Ah, don't mention it! Lack of IRL friends who share my musical gods occasionally creates some nice opportunities to lend a helping hand, so I'm very glad to hear it was as singular an experience for you as it was for me!

I'll never wish for said gods to experience declining attendance for my selfish reasons, but glad to see you were able to get a good spot without lining up for hours - great pictures!

Ever since my first show ('96), I've always associated Ministry with earsplitting volumes. Appreciate the warning that this remains a constant! Maybe I'll get lucky and find there's a stronger noise ordinance in Montclair, but I won't count on it...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Really solid show last night in Montclair. I haven’t been to The Wellmont in more than a decade, but it was nice to return - especially since I now live literally a mile away. The GA capacity is ~2,500, and while I couldn’t get a great sense from the rail, it seemed like a reasonably full house.

As I don’t want to yuck someone else’s yum (or shed more tears over the spilled milk of the OG Industrial Strength Tour lineup), I won’t spend much time on CoC or Melvins. The latter I previously saw at my very first concert, opening for L7 in 1994. My grumpy old man thought during their set was that they haven’t improved over the last 28 years, only gotten louder. @imail724 , thanks to your warning, I prepared for this and supplemented my earplugs with a bandana, hat, and sweatshirt hood - and it was still unpleasant

Of course, Ministry wasn’t exactly innocent on this front either, but when they kicked off with their Ukraine tribute promptly at 9:30, I quit worrying about the volume and settled in to enjoy the set. While there was (as expected) substantial overlap with the Industrial Accident set I saw last, the addition of Breathe was huge. Less expectedly, I also appreciated the Pailhead tracks after spending some time these last few weeks with the new Cleo reissue of Trait.

However, given the original intention to celebrate Mind’s 30th, I still can’t help wondering why these prevailed over the inclusion of a few deeper cuts from that album (Never Believe?!). Of course, it would be much fairer to pick on the Moral Hygiene encore as a potential source of setlist improvement, but I understand the commercial imperative to acknowledge the latest album. Less clear is why they keep including No Devotion at the end of the printed setlists despite its continued absence. Maybe later stops on the tour will finally get lucky there…

Track selections aside, I thought the band sounded great. Al did too, and how much of that is related to the backing tracks frankly doesn’t concern me that much. He’s there, doing the work, and performing in a manner that allows him to sustain throughout a long tour. Heck, when listening to (officially released!) live recordings of certain other acts with vocalists of advancing age, I’m glad he’s not shying away from options that enhance the overall experience.

Who knows where Al takes things from here, but based on last night, I would be very much in favor of an accelerated, combo anniversary tour for Filth Pig and Dark Side of the Spoon before we’re faced with the prospect of Nursing Home phoned in from an actual nursing home.
    Last edited by roolfdriht; 03-13-2022 at 11:13 AM. Reason: fixing Tapatalk mention bust

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Bunch of new info surfaced on Prongs about the very first Ministry show in 1981, had a few tracks that got axed shortly thereafter:

12/31/1981 @Misfits, Chicago IL

Setlist:
    She’s Got a Cause
    Primental
    Make Up Your Mind
    First True Love Affair (Jimmy Ross cover)
    Funkamental
    Cold Life
    Jodie Foster
    I’m Falling
    Overkill
    Orangotango

Bonus: There's a recording of that early version of She's Got A Cause. Bless RobSquaredShow (Rob Roberts, keyboardist at the time):

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Anyone else at the show tonight??

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Awesome show! I didn't tape it because 1.) I have a tooth that needs a root canal and I feel like shit 2.) My sioux falls tape sounds so good I am not going to beat it at this venue with a very similar setlist 3.) My first time seeing ministry in 03 I was on the rail and rocked out and it was glorious. I shot a few vids and took a few snaps and just enjoyed myself, a night with a band that has been so influential on me, from my taste in music I listen to, recoding live shows, and the kind of music I like to make for myself.

Last edited by SM Rollinger; 04-06-2022 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm going to the show tonight at the Mission Ballroom in Denver, pretty stoked! I've seen Al and Co. twice, once in '03 (with Barker) and again in '08 (the supposed farewell tour). I'm wondering what merch to expect. Anybody else going?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Bunch of new info surfaced on Prongs about the very first Ministry show in 1981, had a few tracks that got axed shortly thereafter:

12/31/1981 @Misfits, Chicago IL

Setlist:
    She’s Got a Cause
    Primental
    Make Up Your Mind
    First True Love Affair (Jimmy Ross cover)
    Funkamental
    Cold Life
    Jodie Foster
    I’m Falling
    Overkill
    Orangotango

Bonus: There's a recording of that early version of She's Got A Cause. Bless RobSquaredShow (Rob Roberts, keyboardist at the time):

Excellent sound quality on that. I'm realmdemagic over at prongs and helped put some of this info together.
    The full recording of the show is in the right hands, so if all goes well, there should be an official release at some point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uneven Stephen View Post
    I'm going to the show tonight at the Mission Ballroom in Denver, pretty stoked! I've seen Al and Co. twice, once in '03 (with Barker) and again in '08 (the supposed farewell tour). I'm wondering what merch to expect. Anybody else going?
    I was there. My first Ministry show �� — and wow, it was everything I wanted and more. I did not expect to get Pailhead songs! Couple weeks later and I am still excited by the experience. Makes me want to find my way to the Cleveland show….

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    Excellent sound quality on that. I'm realmdemagic over at prongs and helped put some of this info together.
    The full recording of the show is in the right hands, so if all goes well, there should be an official release at some point.
    That's really great to hear! I know WT has a bunch of stuff, like Boston 1984 in the vaults...I'd kill for a series of live concert releases, anything at all from the early period.

And thank you for all the meticulous cataloguing. It's been fascinating reading all of the early info compiled over there- concerts, gear, never before heard tracks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Speaking of live releases, am I the only one who remembers there being plans (or rumors of plans) for a series of archival shows put out on Ipecac? This would have been around 1999/2000, so pre-Sphinctour. I seem to recall it was ultimately nixed due to issues with Warner Bros.

Despite all the quality live releases that have surfaced more recently, this vaporware still resurfaces in my thoughts way too often…
    Last edited by roolfdriht; 04-26-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That's really great to hear! I know WT has a bunch of stuff, like Boston 1984 in the vaults...I'd kill for a series of live concert releases, anything at all from the early period.

And thank you for all the meticulous cataloguing. It's been fascinating reading all of the early info compiled over there- concerts, gear, never before heard tracks!
    You're very welcome! Wax Trax has a ton of live video footage and interviews, so here's hoping that more stuff sees the light of day.

That Boston 84 show is excellent, filmed by none other than Richard 23 from Front 242. Any official release of any sort from that tour would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Speaking of live releases, am I the only one who remembers there being plans (or rumors of plans) for a series of archival shows put out on Ipecac? This would have been around 1999/2000, so pre-Sphinctour. I seem to recall it was ultimately nixed due to issues with Warner Bros.

Despite all the quality live releases that have surfaced more recently, this vaporware still resurfaces in my thoughts way too often…
    There were plans to release three live albums (1992, 1996 and 1999). I think things got scrapped when licensing fell through between Warner Bros and the band signing with Sanctuary.

I think Sphinctour was the result of the 96 material. The 1999 stuff would still be cool to hear. They played a few Dark Side cuts that never got played again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    You're very welcome! Wax Trax has a ton of live video footage and interviews, so here's hoping that more stuff sees the light of day.

That Boston 84 show is excellent, filmed by none other than Richard 23 from Front 242. Any official release of any sort from that tour would be awesome.

There were plans to release three live albums (1992, 1996 and 1999). I think things got scrapped when licensing fell through between Warner Bros and the band signing with Sanctuary.

I think Sphinctour was the result of the 96 material. The 1999 stuff would still be cool to hear. They played a few Dark Side cuts that never got played again.
    Glad to know I’m not alone in hoping the remnants of these projects that remain unreleased will eventually see the light of day!

I agree the Dark Side tour in particular would be interesting to revisit, though looking back at the two shows I caught, I’d forgotten how few songs from the album were regularly featured (and how short the sets were for the first leg in particular).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm UK based I saw ministry in London 1992-2012 all shows,when they played in 1999 they did one song from DSOTS Bad Blood,in 2003 they did Supermanic Soul,also in 2003 they did Dead Guy from Filth Pig so I had to wait 7 years to hear one of my favorite tracks.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    They were doing some insane shit on the 2003 tour. Lots of Barker-Era trilogy songs. I've been trying to find recordings from fhat tour to little avail on and off over the years. They even broke out We Believe (!) for about 5 dates, that was the last time.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    They were doing some insane shit on the 2003 tour. Lots of Barker-Era trilogy songs. I've been trying to find recordings from fhat tour to little avail on and off over the years. They even broke out We Believe (!) for about 5 dates, that was the last time.
    Yeah I remember getting Stigmata, The Light Pours out of Me and Breathe in 03, friggin awesome.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I saw Ministry for the first time in 03. Ended with an encore of Burning Inside and Supernaut, both with Ogre coming out on vocals, so cool.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I saw Ministry for the first time in 03. Ended with an encore of Burning Inside and Supernaut, both with Ogre coming out on vocals, so cool.
    I heard about that show, that's friggin sick.

Fingers crossed we will finally get TROZ on Supernaut in September...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Doubt that’s ever gonna happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Do you know what show the following setlist is from? It's not Paris, as it's marked, and it's not 6/20 from Villeurbanne, though it's close. The placement of "Jesus Built My Hotrod" is what's throwing me off:

Animosity
    Unsung
    Piss
    Dead Guy
    Filth Pig
    Bad Blood
    Psalm 69
    Crumbs
    Supermanic Soul
    Reload
    NWO
    Just One Fix
    Hero
    Thieves
    Jesus Built My Hotrod
    Breathe
    Stigmata
    The Light Pours Out Of Me

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Doubt that’s ever gonna happen

Yeah I know, coulda got it at Riotfest 17 but nah. Nothing with Saul Williams and not even Dead Souls.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Trent hates Al. thinks hes a loser.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Trent hates Al. thinks hes a loser.
    Nah, I'm sure TROZ had nothing but respect for Al for helping him get his foot in the door in the early 90s industrial scene.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Ministry

Ya.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I wanted to use all of the "TV Songs" by Ministry in order... and that bloomed into a full Ministry mixtape. Mixcloud link

So... sharing here.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Charlie Clouser popped into the NIN subreddit and mentioned this:

Also been helping Uncle Al go through about 40 hard drives worth of Ministry archives and holy crap there's some wicked stuff in there.
    Here's the link https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...arlie_clouser/

I guess it's now time to discuss! What are you hoping will finally turn up? I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the aggressive remix of The Angel that Al mentioned back in 86.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I've been listening to a lot of 84-88 era Ministry stuff lately. Of course, I'd love to see more from that era, especially that aggressive Angel remix.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Setlist from tonight's show with NIN in Cleveland. Not much to complain about there if you're seeing Al open for NIN in the year 2022. Jealous of those who were there.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I found out yesterday that a woman who works at the pharmacy I go to is Al Jorgenson's daughter. She must've had an "interesting" childhood.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Setlist from tonight's show with NIN in Cleveland. Not much to complain about there if you're seeing Al open for NIN in the year 2022. Jealous of those who were there.
    For sure, I hope @buckets of lube and @elegant enjoyed the tickets I sold them. But I guess the dream of TROZ on Supernaut vocals is over and dead now, if it wasn't gonna happen last night it never will. NIN reunion musta been sweet too, lots of tracks I haven't heard, Eraser, Sanctified, Reptile and Big Come Down come to mind. But money got tight and there will be more concerts!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    For sure, I hope @buckets of lube and @elegant enjoyed the tickets I sold them. But I guess the dream of TROZ on Supernaut vocals is over and dead now, if it wasn't gonna happen last night it never will. NIN reunion musta been sweet too, lots of tracks I haven't heard, Eraser, Sanctified, Reptile and Big Come Down come to mind. But money got tight and there will be more concerts!
    I was skeptical a duet would materialize, but I allowed for a sliver of hope. That almost entirely disappeared when Al introduced the song as "for" Trent instead of using a more ambiguous preposition. However, I still took video up until the breakdown just...in...case...