Page 117 of 122 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 3654

Thread: Coronavirus - COVID-19

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Neil Young kicks ass.
    Fuck that other guy that used to host Fear Factor and MMA fights and whathefuckever.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I hope more artists follow Neil Young.

Sadly, many will not.
    there's at least one.

Joni Mitchell Removes Music from Spotify: "I Stand in Solidarity with Neil Young" - Consequence

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    I heard that Tom Scharpling pulled his podcast (The Best Show) from Spotify too.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Great video on the Flu Trux Klan out in Canada's capital today.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Alessandro's leaving Spotify too

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Money talks and bullshit walks. Hit those Spotify douchebags in their wallets...HARD.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Great video on the Flu Trux Klan out in Canada's capital today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Fuck Neil Young.

1. This is the guy that said "I don't want to catch AIDS from the faggot at the fuckin grocery store handling my potatoes". He's no one to say word fucking one about medical "misinformation".

2. This whole controversy about Dr. McCullough, who happens to be the most published doctor in his field, and Dr. Malone, who owns 9 patents on MRNA tech is a perfect example of people falling for corporate propaganda. To say these two guys are spreading dangerous information is laughable. These are two of the absolute most qualified people in their respective fields, period. This is what people have meant for the last two years when they've been saying any expert who doesn't fall in line is silenced. You're watching it happen in real time.

3. It looks like Alessandro's stand didn't go as well as he hoped since he turned off commenting for the post. Haha

4. Fuck Neil Young.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    Fuck Neil Young.

1. This is the guy that said "I don't want to catch AIDS from the faggot at the fuckin grocery store handling my potatoes". He's no one to say word fucking one about medical "misinformation".

2. This whole controversy about Dr. McCullough, who happens to be the most published doctor in his field, and Dr. Malone, who owns 9 patents on MRNA tech is a perfect example of people falling for corporate propaganda. To say these two guys are spreading dangerous information is laughable. These are two of the absolute most qualified people in their respective fields, period. This is what people have meant for the last two years when they've been saying any expert who doesn't fall in line is silenced. You're watching it happen in real time.

3. It looks like Alessandro's stand didn't go as well as he hoped since he turned off commenting for the post. Haha

4. Fuck Neil Young.
    How do you do a face palm?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skip niklas View Post
    Fuck Neil Young.

4. Fuck Neil Young.
    1 People can learn from past mistakes. You should really try it.

2. LOL but no. https://healthfeedback.org/claimrevi...-and-vaccines/

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...keptic/619734/

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...s-vaccine-sci/

3. He probably got sick of dealing with antivax/douchebro trolls.

4. Keep your head in the sand, I guess. You’re completely in the wrong.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-31-2022 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Umm, yeah. Those links don't disprove anything, they're nothing more than old media hit pieces written in a he said she said tone. Their careers speak for themselves.

I'm right, you're wrong.

Fuck Neil Young.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Facts aren’t hit pieces, dude. Seriously, get smarter. You’ll probably respond with something moronic but since you are now on ignore, I’m not going to see it or engage further. Go listen to JRE, InfoWars, Jordan Peterson or whatever keeps you further from reality.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-31-2022 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I hadn't dropped Spotify because the SO didn't want to change music services but I finally pulled the trigger this weekend. I wish I'd done it sooner.

These chuds love Rogan because he is them: a tightly wound mix of dumbness, naivety, paranoia, and selfishness.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm sorry, but Neil Young is full of shit. There may be some small inkling of him caring about Joe Rogan spreading misinformation, but this strikes me as just an excuse to get his music off Spotify and have some publicity. Notice how afterwards on Twitter, h'se advertised that his music is on Amazon. Guess he doesn't know that Amazon have a ton of conspiracy documentaries. Figured he'd check that out before advertising another platform.
    Edit: Also, I want to clarify, I don't give a shit about Joe Rogan. He's probably one of the most overrated podcast hosts ever. And they're too goddamn long. So I have no idea what misinformation he has or has not spread.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 01-31-2022 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Neil is a crotchety old man who's done some really heinous stuff in his past (and not so past, looking at how he divorced Pegi here) but he's always been the guy fighting about shit.
    The Monsanto Years is a studio album by Canadian singer-songwriter Neil Young and the American rock group Promise of the Real, released on June 29, 2015 on Reprise Records. A concept album which criticizes the agribusiness company Monsanto,[1] it is Young's thirty-fifth studio album and the third by Promise of the Real.
    Living With War is the 27th studio album by Canadian / American musician Neil Young, released on May 2, 2006. The album's lyrics, titles, and conceptual style are highly critical of the policies of the George W. Bush administration; the CTV website defined it as "a musical critique of U.S. President George W. Bush and his conduct of the war in Iraq".[9] The record was written and recorded over nine days in March and April 2006.
    Fork in the Road is the 29th studio album by Canadian / American musician Neil Young, released April 7, 2009, on Reprise Records.[9] The album was released on vinyl on July 26, 2009.
    The album was inspired by Young's Lincoln Continental that had been retooled to run entirely on alternative energy, and Young's background with the Lincvolt project he has been working on alongside mechanic Jonathan Goodwin. The project has been to develop a viable electric energy power system for automobiles. Young's own 1959 Lincoln Continental will serve as their completed prototype. A documentary produced by Larry Johnson followed the electric car in its first long-distance trip to Washington, DC.
    so this isn't surprising at all.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I'm sorry, but Neil Young is full of shit. There may be some small inkling of him caring about Joe Rogan spreading misinformation, but this strikes me as just an excuse to get his music off Spotify and have some publicity.

Also, I want to clarify, I don't give a shit about Joe Rogan. He's probably one of the most overrated podcast hosts ever. And they're too goddamn long. So I have no idea what misinformation he has or has not spread.
    Do you have any other thoughts on subjects you admittedly know nothing about?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post

Do you have any other thoughts on subjects you admittedly know nothing about?
    I did not comment on Joe Rogan beyond that statement. My point is beyond the situation and more about how Neil Young is executing his boycott. It reeks of publicity and more about money, especially when he tweets shit out like this, him siding with a company that is just as guilty of idiotic bullshit.
    https://twitter.com/NeilYoungNYA/sta...EqNque5mA&s=19

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well I hope Neil Young will remember, Rogan’s fans don’t need him around anyhow

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    As much as i hate finding myself on the side of right wing assholes, I ummmmm...LIKE Joe Rogan's show?
    He's got that everyman thing going, and has open, honest, fairly nuanced conversations with, you know, pretty much anyone, about anything.
    He's not pushing an agenda.

This shit all started because he mentioned that a doctor prescribed him ivermectin, along with a fuckton of other drugs, when he got covid, and then CNN said he was taking horse medicine.

THEN, CNN's OWN chief medical correspondent (Gupta) appeared on Joe Rogan's show, and said that CNN SHOULDN'T have claimed Joe was taking horse medicine.

And now CNN is at war with Joe Rogan, showing out-of-context clips, trying to paint him as a rabid antivaxxer.
    For instance, Joe thought there was no risk of myocarditis FROM covid, but that there WAS such a risk from the vaccines.

A doctor corrected him on air.

CNN made "in your face, dumbass!" type content out of it. Meanwhile, Joe tweeted about being wrong, and his affinity for the doctor.

And the DOCTOR publicly expressed his dismay with the CNN portrayal.

The entire thing is idiotic, reductive and deceptive. For the record, I'm not some Joe Rogan superfan, but this shit is getting weird.

Also I love Neil Young.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-31-2022 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I ummmmm...LIKE Joe Rogan's show?
    He's got that everyman thing going, and has fairly nuanced conversations with, you know, pretty much anyone, about anything.

I don't think he's REALLY a rampant super spreader of covid misinformation.
    This shit all started because he mentioned that a doctor prescribed him ivermectin, along with a fuckton of other drugs, when he got covid, and then CNN said he was taking horse medicine.

THEN, CNN's OWN chief medical correspondent (Gupta) appeared on Joe Rogan's show, and said that CNN SHOULDN'T have claimed Joe was taking horse medicine.

And now CNN is at war with Joe Rogan, showing out-of-context clips, trying to paint him as a rabid antivaxxer.
    For instance, Joe thought there was no risk of myocarditis FROM covid, but that there WAS such a risk from the vaccines.

A doctor corrected him on air.

CNN made "in your face, dumbass!" type content out of it. Meanwhile, Joe tweeted about being wrong, and his affinity for the doctor.

And the DOCTOR publicly expressed his dismay with the CNN portrayal.

The entire thing is idiotic, reductive and deceptive. For the record, I'm not some Joe Rogan superfan, but this shit is getting weird.

Also I love Neil Young.
    agreed 100%. Rogan’s not right about everything, and he’s the first to admit it. I mean that’s one of the basic premises of the show, is just having discussions and see what sticks as truth and doesn’t.

Anyone, Neil Young included, who thinks Rogan is anything other than that or is somehow actually spreading rampant misinformation maliciously has A)never really listened to his podcast and/or B) bought into the media fueled frenzy narrative

Rogan has never once come out anti-vax. He just has questions about it, such as why is it being presented as the only option when there are clearly others? And that seems to be because there is a big pharma backed and funded campaign to push that and only that.

I’ve taken the shots, but I agree with him. There were and are clearly other options. It’s just he’s one of the only people actually talking about them publicly and honestly, who also happens to have a massive following.

If Rogan and his fans are a cult of anything, it’s a cult of actually talking about things. While both the radical right/left and their associated media outlets don’t want anyone to talk about anything other than their own agendas. Rogan’s not infallible, and neither is the media. Rogan’s right about somethings and wrong about others. So is the media.

The difference between the media and Rogan is that Rogan is at least making an honest attempt to look at and discuss both sides. To look at both sides of the coin. And his podcast has always been about that the entire time (along with making stupid jokes and poking fun at people with his comedian friends) its just blown up so much that they (the media) are intimidated by his organic following so they’re doing everything they can to destroy his credibility. I mean they even actively altered the video of talking about having and treating Covid himself to make him look sickly. And people are falling for it.

Rogan’s no saint, no doctor, no scientist. But he isn’t the problem. The growing number of people in this country who are blindly following the media’s narratives on a number of topics, both political and social, instead of having honest and open conversations about both and attempting to see the other sides perspective and even sometimes relate to them as fucking human beings, just like them, are the problem.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    If you guys don't think Rogan is pushing an agenda when he made that $100 million deal with Spotify, then you've got blinders on. Rogan purposely courts controversy the same way all the talking heads on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News do. He's no everyman, just asking questions and doing some deep thinking. He's another shill who claims to be "telling it like it is". Fuck him.

And yeah, Neil Young probably cares more about his bottom dollar than about any sort of misinformation, but if this ends up bringing down Spotify in the long run, I'm all for it. Spotify is garbage and needs to die.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    If you guys don't think Rogan is pushing an agenda when he made that $100 million deal with Spotify, then you've got blinders on. Rogan purposely courts controversy the same way all the talking heads on CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News do. He's no everyman, just asking questions and doing some deep thinking. He's another shill who claims to be "telling it like it is". Fuck him.
    He’s been doing this kind of thing on this same podcast since way before the Spotify deal. If there’s an agenda, it is seeing both sides of an argument, and that hasn’t changed since Spotify. And the podcast has also always had talk about both conspiracy and controversy, that isn’t any different either.

the only difference is Covid, and that the radical media attacked him and is trying to claim he did and said thing he did not say and do. I don’t blame him for going back at them.
    Last edited by AndItKeepsRepeating; 01-31-2022 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    nah, he isn’t. He’s been doing this kind of thing on this same podcast since way before the Spotify deal.
    And now he's being paid more money than most of us will see in our lifetime to do it for a large corporation. Yeah, definitely no agenda there. Nope. Not at all.

Sorry, but anyone who takes a deal like that is suspect. I don't care how much people like them or how much they try to pretend that they're down to earth. They're not.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It’s truly the same agenda that existed before the podcast. I’ve been listening since 2014, the show hasn’t changed that way, it’s just gotten way more popular.

I also listen to plenty of other podcast, some by people who completely disagree with him. How do I have blinders on if I’m hearing both sides of a discussion and not just one? It’s not like I’m just schilling for or defending Rogan fanatically, I’ve also said he’s wrong about some stuff, and he is

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    My point is beyond the situation and more about how Neil Young is executing his boycott. It reeks of publicity and more about money, especially when he tweets shit out like this, him siding with a company that is just as guilty of idiotic bullshit.
    https://twitter.com/NeilYoungNYA/sta...EqNque5mA&s=19
    You may infer whatever you like from a couple of tweets, of course, but you're once again jumping to conclusions if you don't know the whole picture. Amazon MUSIC, the music streaming service, has been Neil's "second-favourite" music service (after his own NY Archives subscription-based platform) ever since they started offering his music at the highest possible resolution, direct from his approved masters, to paying customers. He has been consistent about making this a priority, wherever possible, for years. Remember Pono Music? He was trying to bring to market a service that would stream hi-res FLAC files for music, and briefly pulled his music from Tidal for a few months last year until they stopped using the proprietary MQA format on his music instead of "true lossless". This is a battle he's been fighting for years. Read his book Waging Heavy Peace.

Re: Rogan, I used to check out his podcast on the regular many years ago, and have heard several more recent episodes. Quite apart from still being interminably slow and clunky, his show has recently welcomed absolutely baseless conspiracy theories far more often than anything remotely challenging on an intellectual level. This idea that he's somehow the REAL truth teller out there, and "the media! The media! The media! The media!" gets things wrong just as often... fails the sniff test. God bless 'em, there are people with actual expertise on the subjects his guests purport to have, out there debunking most of the major points Rogan lets go unchallenged. It's embarrassing to listen to him nod along and accept such things at face value, asking dumb surface-level questions, and he deserves criticism for it -- particularly when lives are at stake and people are buying his skepticism of established scientific consensus.

Fuck that guy.
    Last edited by botley; 01-31-2022 at 10:24 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post

And yeah, Neil Young probably cares more about his bottom dollar than about any sort of misinformation, but if this ends up bringing down Spotify in the long run, I'm all for it. Spotify is garbage and needs to die.
    I'd LIKE to think that I'm not wearing blinders: being disabled, the little bit of work I do.is from home.
    Therefore, I have time to watch content from 8-10 news outlets a day.

I'm certainly with you on cable news being driven by competing agendas, which are tied to, well, money.
    And I'm willing to.entertain the possibility that Joe Rogan has been tempted into the same disingenuous circle of hell.

While I don't see it as probable, it's certainly POSSIBLE, and I understand your position.
    Yeah, he might court controversy. I can see that, especially with the Alex Jones episodes. HOWEVER, we're talking about a self avowed leftist who hosted Bernie Sanders and Andrew Yang.

Honestly, though, i just...i see a lot more partisan bullshit coming from Fox and MSNBC.
    I didn't finish college, but I was a journalism major. I was WARNED about this bullshit: the current cable news landscape, I mean.

With Neil and Joni, though, come on. (Edit: this isn't aimed specifically at you, @BRoswell ) They're old political activists who, I believe, are just trying to be on the right side of things. I can't imagine either of them, at 80ish years old, becoming full on sell outs.

I'm not that cynical...YET.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-31-2022 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ITT: Confirmation bias

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    genuinely curious, not being condescending or patronizing, where? What am I missing? Where am I just confirming my own bias cuz I don’t see it?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Invitation to Tender? I don't have the assets for such a contest.

Jokes aside, if you're including me, to what bias are you referring?

Because, to be quite honest, aside from being a proponent of imaginary concepts like Social Utopianism, Anarcho Syndicalism, and general old school (aka"left") Libertarianism, I'd like to think that I'm fairly unbiased.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-31-2022 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    How do I have blinders on if I’m hearing both sides of a discussion and not just one?
    How do you know you're hearing both sides of the discussion? How do you know there are only two sides to the discussion?

For the record, I used to listen to the show too. He's never been a good interviewer. The guests have always been more interesting. At some point, he must have realized it was better to play the part of a guy who was "just asking questions" than it was to actually ask questions that dig deep. Clearly it worked, because his show became extremely popular because of that. Taking the Spotify deal just reinforced what he's been doing and who he's really looking out for. He could have turned it down and kept the show at least somewhat pure in that regard, but he didn't. He showed his true colors with that. My philosophy is to always ask what someone is trying to sell to me, and it's become clear that Rogan has sold people on his "everyman" schtick. Spotify owns him, and he has to perform, just like all the others do on cable news. If you've bought into it...well...I feel bad for you.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 01-31-2022 at 11:34 PM.