Thread: The Netflix Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm making my way through Firefly for the first time thanks to Netflix.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I'm making my way through Firefly for the first time thanks to Netflix.
    is it good? i love buffy (shut up talking shit to me about it, i like girls, ok....) anyway i do, but i watched the firefly movie and didnt quite understand it so ...is the show good?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    is it good? i love buffy (shut up talking shit to me about it, i like girls, ok....) anyway i do, but i watched the firefly movie and didnt quite understand it so ...is the show good?
    I'm enjoying it.

And I'm not certain but I think the movie is meant to be watched after the series.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I'm enjoying it.

And I'm not certain but I think the movie is meant to be watched after the series.
    Yes, the movie comes after the series to tie up the loose ends since it got cancelled mid season. Both are excellent.

I like Luther.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicmuse View Post
    Yes, the movie comes after the series to tie up the loose ends since it got cancelled mid season. Both are excellent.

I like Luther.
    Luther is great. The character is so dark, but I always end up rooting for him. There's a third season which (I think) is the last. but it's not been put on Netflix yet.

There's a load of great recommendations in this thread, but hardly any of them are available to watch the UK. I don't quite understand why the US have so many more serials of 'classic' Doctor Who than we do, considering we made it. [/grumble]

Here's what I'm digging:

House of Cards
    Louis Theroux
    Castle
    Jekyll
    Luther
    The Thick of It

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I don't think anyone here is gonna give you shit about loving BTVS.
    Also, once you're done watching Firefly (and rewatching Serenity [b/c you need to]), check out Done the Impossible. It's a documentary about how Firefly fans got Universal to green-light the movie after the show was cancelled.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    I don't think anyone here is gonna give you shit about loving BTVS.
    I was joking about people OUTSIDE of ets busting the balls of BTVS fans.
    At the same time though, when i think back to the Year Zero days, we used to give each other shit here for saying ANYTHING.
    Honestly i am so glad that the vibe at ets is more chilled out than it was 6 or 7 (good lord, i'm getting old) years ago

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    good GOD i saw this doc called Birdmen. it's about people in like...wingsuits. it's un-fucking-believable.
    Y'all check it out, it's only 52 min.
    These people use these bird-suits to b.a.s.e. jump from like a mile up, but then they FLY for two miles or so...as close to the terrain as possible.