Performance: Absolutely amazing. This was the only L.A. show I could attend (for various reasons), and it was incredible. But...

Experience: I was shocked that I managed to get as close as two bodies away from the barrier, seeing as I didn't manage to get in the line until close to 6 p.m. (after waiting in the merchandise line). And I was conveniently located close to the middle of the stage with the mic in more or less clear sight. And I was having an absolute blast...until I started getting crushed. Literally. People, a 5' 3" body can only take so much pressure, even with a nice Oh Lawd He Comin' chonk plushy physique. At one point I had to elbow a guy who was grinding on me, but...well, I guess I'm too damn old and my wonky back isn't what it used to be and when it got to the point that my feet were being lifted off the ground I had to cry uncle and be carried out over the barrier.

And as I was being helped up to the barrier, I managed to lose something precious to me.

So to whomever found and kept the small silver Claddagh ring that fell off my finger, I hope you enjoy my late husband's gift to me.

To sweeten things, I'll just add that tonight's show was the first time I'd seen NIN since the Lights in the Sky tour. It was at the Nashville show on Halloween in 2008. My husband and I were there, celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary.

Be that as it may, I would like to give a special shout out of thanks to Christine, a stranger who helped comfort me. Thank you for the reminder that there is still kindness out there and that healing takes time.