Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Aphex Twin

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    "Sold exclusively at Technical Equipment Supply in Ypsilanti, Michigan" what the fuck

Two of the best tracks from the soundclown dump but I'll be fucked if I have to drive 9hrs round-trip to grab them on wax...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    RICHARD D. JAMES INTERVIEWS EX. KORG ENGINEER ABOUT THEIR COLLABORATION ON THE MONOLOGUE, MICROTUNING, GEOMETRY AND DREAMS. ACCOMPANIED BY TRACK "KORG FUNK 5" USING EXCLUSIVELY KORG SYNTHESISERS.
    http://item.warp.net/interview/aphex...uya-takahashi/

Glad to hear RDJ is about high quality audio and not cutting it off at 44.1 or 48khz. He pointed out something very similar to how I feel about higher audio rates It's not just about what your ears can hear, it's also about what your body can feel.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    RICHARD D. JAMES INTERVIEWS EX. KORG ENGINEER ABOUT THEIR COLLABORATION ON THE MONOLOGUE, MICROTUNING, GEOMETRY AND DREAMS. ACCOMPANIED BY TRACK "KORG FUNK 5" USING EXCLUSIVELY KORG SYNTHESISERS.
    http://item.warp.net/interview/aphex...uya-takahashi/
    Here are direct links to the 2 AFX .gif's from the interview:

http://item.warp.net/wp-content/uplo.../06/AFX1v4.gif
    http://item.warp.net/wp-content/uplo.../06/AFX1v6.gif

And here's the cover from the Korg work:

https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-00023...m-t500x500.jpg

It's worth noting that besides "korg funk 5" there are also five tuning tracks on the Korg SoundCloud (and linked to in the article).

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So Richard finally released some of his unreleased material. He even added the unreleased songs to their respective albums. There are unreleased songs for Syro, Come To Daddy, Orphaned, a whole lot from ICBYD. Also, there's the Field Day record there, but with 17 tracks total!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    So Richard finally released some of his unreleased material. He even added the unreleased songs to their respective albums. There are unreleased songs for Syro, Come To Daddy, Orphaned, a whole lot from ICBYD. Also, there's the Field Day record there, but with 17 tracks total!

i wish there was a way to just "select" all the new tracks and add them to your cart

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ugh, Aphex Twin is gonna make me broke!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I noticed something when I bought Come To Daddy EP, the original EP is 16 but the bonus tracks are 16/48, even though the listings say 16 bit. Syro is up as 16 bit as well, but it was also originally released as 24/44. I picked up the bonus track by itself and it is 16/48.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Bummer that Selected Ambient Works Volume II doesn't have "Stone In Focus" included.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Updated with the stuff he did for Korg

Field Day vinyl digital release even has bonus tracks

I noticed a release or two with bonus tracks without the "New" attribution.

Love how The Tuss is double the amount of tracks now.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I noticed something when I bought Come To Daddy EP, the original EP is 16 but the bonus tracks are 16/48, even though the listings say 16 bit. Syro is up as 16 bit as well, but it was also originally released as 24/44. I picked up the bonus track by itself and it is 16/48.
    Yes, this was also the case when he self-released the Analord bonus tracks on Rephlex's old site. The 48kHz tracks are direct transfers from DAT, no additional mastering or resampling. There's no difference in the mastering of the 24bit version of Syro, just some dither noise is gone at the very very lowest end of the noise floor.

I am pleased to see some of the SoundCloud dump represented here in lossless. The pop-up messages when you click on each track are very Aphex, haha. This is great!

Seems his 1990s contract with Sire Records has finally lapsed; the older albums are all gone from streaming sites. That must be what prompted this new shop. I dig it!
    Last edited by botley; 07-21-2017 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Completely an aside:

I purposefully misspelled my cat's name, Alberto Balsalm. Please stop trying to fix RDJ's misspellings.

(Holy shit, I'm megabroke now)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well I have a few of the new releases, so if anyone wants to PM me and work out an exchange where I can give releases you don't have and you can do the same back for me.

I have Come To Daddy, Rushup Edge, Field Day, Orphans, and the Syro bonus track in FLAC. Looking for other bonus material in lossless.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well I have a few of the new releases, so if anyone wants to PM me and work out an exchange where I can give releases you don't have and you can do the same back for me.

I have Come To Daddy, Rushup Edge, Field Day, Orphans, and the Syro bonus track in FLAC. Looking for other bonus material in lossless.

I also have pretty much all of RDJ's previously released discography in FLAC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Damn... those Rushup Edge bonus tracks...
    the tuss era tracks are so great

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Wow! I honestly wasn't expecting an "official" release of the full Modular Trax (link not complete) playlist. Looks to be a few differences (unless the tracks have been renamed). The tracks that were credited to "RDJ's kid" are absent.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    @Jon when are we gonna hit up JMJ on Kickstarter to do that Saxual Deviations smooth jazz version of the NIN catalogue?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    @Jon when are we gonna hit up JMJ on Kickstarter to do that Saxual Deviations smooth jazz version of the NIN catalogue?
    I wanted "Purest Feeling: Saxual Deviations 1", but it wouldn't fit.

I vote for Kamasi Washington on Tenor.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    David Burraston got some mentorship under Aphex last year in Scotland as part of his year-long fellowship program.
    Last edited by botley; 05-03-2018 at 06:44 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Shocked no one is talking about this. Aphex Twin logos started popping up again. Last time something like this happened, we got the album Syro shortly after. Warp confirmed that these are part of a campagin. Rejoice RDJ fans!

http://www.factmag.com/2018/07/30/ap...twork-spotted/

Label confirm they are part of official campaign...
    https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...-mystery-logos

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    oddly was listening to Syro this weekend, thats still a great collection of tracks. Doesn't feel like an album like his previous stuff, but it feels like a 'best of' collection, without having the original release.. which is sort of like Chosen Lords, and what Syro is (apparently some of the tracks were 15 years old..). Looking forward to whatever comes next, which isn't a massive stream of soundcloud tracks I can't keep track of.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    That soundcloud dump will keep scholars arguing for years

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

'Collapse EP'

01. T69 Interruption
    02. First 44. MT 1 t 29 r 2
    03. ? ? ? ? ? ?
    04. Abundancel O edit [2 R 8, FZ 20 m & a 909]
    05. Pthex (Bonus Track)

Adult Swim have a spot at 1:30AM for Aphex Twin - Collapse - https://www.adultswim.com/schedule/

I am excite and my body is ready.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Probably unrelated, but:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New Aphex is always good news. Aphex twin commercial coming in on Adult Swim tonight?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    September 14th

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearitalldown View Post
    New Aphex is always good news. Aphex twin commercial coming in on Adult Swim tonight?
    It's been taken off the airing list, seemingly not happening

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    It's been taken off the airing list, seemingly not happening
    A planned TV premiere of the new Aphex Twin video has been scrapped.

As Stereogum reports, the video was due to debut tonight during the Cartoon Network's late night Adult Swim programming. "Collapse" was pulled from the schedule after it failed the Harding test, which determines if video is safe for epileptic or otherwise photosensitive viewers.

Adult Swim creative director Jason DeMarco said in a tweet that the video would premiere online instead, though he didn't specify if it would happen at the originally scheduled time of 1:30 AM EDT or not.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Bummer. You think they would figure that out well before they announced it though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Bummer. You think they would figure that out well before they announced it though.
    Did they actually announce it? I remember someone posting Adult Swim's line up when they discovered it, but never heard an actual announcement myself. Guessing the Adult Swim thing was last minute.