Amazing post Volband. Too bad in today's world you might end up being called racist or sexist for that somehow.

I'm by no means a SW fanatic so I wasn't offended by any controversial choice they made with classic characters. I just dislike movies that feel like products in general.

I have nothing against diversity. I remember being a blown away younger me some years ago watching Lost and thinking: This is amazing! They have people from all colors, places, backstories doing some crazy mysterious things while being funny, brave or completely fucked up. (Hurley <3).

But nowadays it has become a product. That's why they'll have a trans woman in Miss Universe or make Iron Man a black girl in comics. It fucking sells.

Here in my country, they sell a lot of t-shirts containing the text: "The future is female". I wouldn't be surprised if there's a white man very happy with his new t-shirt collection sales. Yeah, he might be helping a cause somehow, but I doubt it. I mean, texts in general are useless. You have to DO things to change things, unless you are only interested in Likes from your friends on Facebook (which is mostly the case).

But to be fair, I disliked most of the characters in new SW. Kylo Ren is kinda cool. That other guy who I'm sure was named after Con Air's Cameron Poe has zero charisma and I wouldn't care if he died in the first 10 seconds.

After reading the comments here I'm sure I'll never watch Solo. Count me in if they make a full Darth Vader movie though, he's badass.

I beg you not to be offended by my opinion here. I'm a good person, I promise you. If we were discussing it in person I'd buy you all a beer or snacks for sure. Take it easy.