Page 104 of 215 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 6440

Thread: 2016 Presidential Election

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Those who wouldn't vote for "the black guy" weren't very aware of the white half, and I suspect those who voted for "the black guy" didn't either. In such instances you tend to get defined by what makes you stand out, not what makes you fit in...
    Oh no, were all made VERY aware that he was raised by his white grandparents. That made him "white enough" for those on the fence, but still too black for the "just one drop" people. But a whole bunch of minorities got themselves to the pols to vote for Obama in '08 and '12.

However, re religion, 70% of Americans identify as Christian according to polls.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-18-2016 at 08:29 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to be at the RNC protests right now.

that whole place looks like a big, tightly-wound death trap just waiting to erupt. they got all the amped up lefties, all the bitter anti-trump right wingers, a bunch of open carry wackos wandering around, all the cops on edge after all the recent shootings.

the cherry on top of it all was when i saw a video about the poke stops thrown into the mix, which just sent me into waves of insane laughter. this fucking country, man.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    http://digg.com/2016/full-interview-...nce-60-minutes

incredible interview with Trump and running mate Mike Pence on 60 Minutes. I have no doubt now that Trump will be the next President of The United States of America.

Some people think he's loony tunes... but he has strong leadership power and decisive ideas about what he wants to accomplish in his Presidency.

Don't let what's happening in France, Germany and Sweden happen to you guys.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    omfg the last 90sec of that video had me and my wife in stitches.

But yes, the other 20min of the video... i can see a lot more voters attaching to what was on display there. I don't agree with it, but that's what a large number of people want... especially with the current geopolitical landscape.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Wow, this was illuminating. I finally feel like I understand Trump's motivations and all the oddities of his campaign.

Inside The Fraternity Of Haters And Losers Who Drove Donald Trump To The GOP Nomination

I'm now wondering if Hillary's primary selling point of "I'm not Trump" and the other anti-Trump campaign rhetoric is going to be what actually pushes him to victory.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ignore the polls, they are useless, dont under estimate the Grey vote...this is what ive learnt from Brexit.

I see so much denial on the American left about all this...its worrying.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    you couldn't pay me all the money in the world to be at the RNC protests right now.

that whole place looks like a big, tightly-wound death trap just waiting to erupt. they got all the amped up lefties, all the bitter anti-trump right wingers, a bunch of open carry wackos wandering around, all the cops on edge after all the recent shootings.

the cherry on top of it all was when i saw a video about the poke stops thrown into the mix, which just sent me into waves of insane laughter. this fucking country, man.
    the poke stops.. oh christ. they make everything hilarious. I have so many stories, but that's for another thread.

Another surreal aspect of the RNC situation is a gay Trump supporter who was a speaker; he had to wear a bullet proof vest to protect himself from the leftist protestors. Like... that's a factual sentence. Hello 2016

If you are like me, I was curious what he was speaking about, so I found a periscope recording of it: https://www.periscope.tv/w/1mrxmbdAeyWKy#

Is it true that 50% of gay men in the UK said they would vote conservative?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I watched every last second of night 1 of the 2016 RNC.

I have never understood alcoholism more than in this moment. This country is fucked and it has earned it.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 07-19-2016 at 01:34 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Probably...its the love of the strong man (or woman in some cases) and the feeling of safety.. Although the man in that photo with the bullet proof vest is Milo Yiannopolis who has become awful recently. He has gone so far to the right in a way im sure many Gay Men in the UK (and US) feel weird with.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wait ... that looks like Anderson Cooper

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I thought it was an awful speech, boring and humorless.
    And Trump coming out to Queen's We Are The Champions? Ugh. I'm sure Freddie Mercury was right there, in spirit, cheering on the spectacle of intolerance that is the GOP.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "One in a million" by Guns N' Roses would be a much more fitting song for the Rebublicans to use.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised if that ripoff part of the speech was on purpose to orchestrate controversy for publicity. At this point, Donald Trump is the living embodiment of a troll.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that ripoff part of the speech was on purpose to orchestrate controversy for publicity. At this point, Donald Trump is the living embodiment of a troll.
    All she had to do was say what a sweetheart and what a wonderful father and husband he is. I can't believe the Trump campaign let this happen.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Don't think it was linked here, but there's a great New Yorker article about the guy who wrote The Art of the Deal that basically confirms any fears you ever had about Donald

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...iter-tells-all

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Don't think it was linked here, but there's a great New Yorker article about the guy who wrote The Art of the Deal that basically confirms any fears you ever had about Donald

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...iter-tells-all
    Very interesting. Thanks for posting that.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    It's a great article.

People who plagiarize: my experience is that they're too stupid to know how easy it is to detect. That, and they don't have a clear idea of what plagiarism is. And/or they panic. Plagiarism is something that top journalists do too. It's baffling. In academia we use Turnitin, but all documents will eventually be put through a filtering system like this as a matter of course. Something like this should be built into Word.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Probably...its the love of the strong man (or woman in some cases) and the feeling of safety.. Although the man in that photo with the bullet proof vest is Milo Yiannopolis who has become awful recently. He has gone so far to the right in a way im sure many Gay Men in the UK (and US) feel weird with.
    Yeah, I only really discovered him in the last month. It wasn't long ago that he was quietly saying that he doesn't really want Trump to be president, despite being supportive of Trump as a general character/statement.

It's hard to tell whether the shit coming out of his mouth is something he actually believes, or if he is just saying it to be inflammatory and shocking. He absolutely gets off on going against any grain possible, so it seems like he doesn't have a solid ideology he follows. It's still fascinating to listen to him and see that he is resonating with a lot of other people, many who are gay. He is definitely able to say a lot of things without being immediately dismissed, unlike most GOP supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Wait ... that looks like Anderson Cooper
    lol, it kinda does at that angle.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At this point, Donald Trump is the living embodiment of a troll.
    Well, there is also the people who think Melania Rick Rolled everybody during the speech.

“He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    Well, there is also the people who think Melania Rick Rolled everybody during the speech.

“He will never, ever give you up. And, most importantly, he will never, ever let you down.”
    He has most certainly made a lot of us cry, though

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    who knows. it could easily be a large source of embarrassment for him too. But really, will it have ANY impact on the election? Nope! So it really is just a pointless distraction either way.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This election just gets weirder and weirder
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/755475545048096768?s=09

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I know this isn't the primary focus of this article, but the thing in the beginning where he talks about how Trump has been tweeted about him for years is so lame and childish.

There are a lot of things about Trump that worry me, but his tendency to hold vicious, petty grudges over the course of years is definitely one of the things that concerns me most. Threatening the Trump University judge is probably the best (worst?) example of this so far. The guy is incredibly sensitive and easily offended, and he just doesn't know how to let things go. Once he gets it into his head that a certain individual is his enemy, he won't move on. So it's kinda disconcerting to imagine a person with these qualities becoming the president of the country.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    This election just gets weirder and weirder
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/755475545048096768?s=09
    I don't even understand why they're trying to pretend that it wasn't ripped off. If it was just one or two lines sprinkled around, you could say it was a coincidence, but come on. This is multiple lines that are delivered in the same sequence. They should just be like "Oh, that was a modified practice speech that some intern threw together that accidentally got mixed in." Trying to pretend that it's not borrowed from the Michelle Obama speech only makes it look worse. Just fess up, make it look like an accident, and move on. How did these people even get their jobs?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I don't even understand why they're trying to pretend that it wasn't ripped off. If it was just one or two lines sprinkled around, you could say it was a coincidence, but come on. This is multiple lines that are delivered in the same sequence. They should just be like "Oh, that was a modified practice speech that some intern threw together that accidentally got mixed in." Trying to pretend that it's not borrowed from the Michelle Obama speech only makes it look worse. Just fess up, make it look like an accident, and move on. How did these people even get their jobs?
    fucking spin doctors....

But look at this:

TRUMP loves the USA. Trump has been fighting for the USA for years. He's the real deal. No doubt.

My only worry is that he is old. If he has enough vitality, he will actually change things in America... not like politicians who are just all talk... fucking liars and snakes.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 07-19-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I sincerely hope Trump and wins puts an end to political correctness and the all of the perpetual whining. I've been a Trump supporter for a while now.

I'm not sure what is worse: the embarrassingly biased media, social networking sites (etc.) that clearly favours the left and their fabricated stories about Trump that lack any real substance or the people who actually believe them. Google going as far as to manipulate search results is pathetic.
    Last edited by newmodel87; 07-20-2016 at 12:48 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I really don't think it's a big deal.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/07/19/melania-trump-plagiarism-hillary-biden-barack-michelle/

Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    My only worry is that he is old. If he has enough vitality, he will actually change things in America... not like politicians who are just all talk... fucking liars and snakes.
    I'd rather take a chance on Trump. The country desperately needs change and with him not being a traditional politician, I think he has the actual potential to elicit change. At the very least he has got a great attitude and has a pretty incedible track record when it comes to winning.
    Last edited by newmodel87; 07-20-2016 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    the poke stops.. oh christ. they make everything hilarious. I have so many stories, but that's for another thread.

Another surreal aspect of the RNC situation is a gay Trump supporter who was a speaker; he had to wear a bullet proof vest to protect himself from the leftist protestors. Like... that's a factual sentence. Hello 2016

If you are like me, I was curious what he was speaking about, so I found a periscope recording of it: https://www.periscope.tv/w/1mrxmbdAeyWKy#

Milo Yiannopoulos has been an internet sensation forr quite a while now, i've known him for 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by newmodel87 View Post
    I sincerely hope Trump and wins puts an end to political correctness and the all of the perpetual whining. I've been a Trump supporter for a while now.

I'm not sure what is worse: the embarrassingly biased media, social networking sites (etc.) that clearly favours the left and their fabricated stories about Trump that lack any real substance or the people who actually believe them. Google going as far as to manipulate search results is pathetic.
    The only good thing about Trump winning and becoming president, is that SJW facists will go back in the closet, much like the religious nuts did when Obama took office. No more safe space nonsense, trigger warnings, celebrating weakness or mediocrity.