Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: nin official discord server

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by david.kuznicki View Post
    Not exactly. The director is Luca Guadagino.
    https://www.nme.com/news/film/atticu...nished-3218589
    By all accounts the Bones & All score is complete. TR was referring to a score still in the writing / recording phase.

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 7.06.18 PM.png

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Two things have been nagging at me. Can someone please, PLEASE ask TR about

1) schizophreniasdiary - https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...hp/t-4827.html

— which seems to have been removed from ninwiki, @piggy?

2) If these tracks, along with The Idea Of You, did indeed date back to the With Teeth era and whether they are real?

(Excerpt from ninwiki With Teeth article):

Possible pre-release CDs

In January 2020, two separate CDs (marked as being from late 2004) surfaced that purported to contain songs from With Teethin various states of completion, as well as outtakes that had not previously been mentioned. There were two different CDs: one with five tracks that were all released on the final album in some form, and a double CD containing all of the album tracks (some finished, some in demo form) and several demoed outtakes on disc two. The previously unknown outtakes were named "Cover It Up", "Good Day", and "The End". "Cover It Up" was also reported to be an early version of "The Idea Of You". The five-track CD was sold by Amoeba Records on eBay, and images of the double CD showed up on imgur. No content from either CD has been shared. Tracks claiming to be from the five-track CD were posted to archive.org the same month as the eBay sale, but were found to be elaborate fakes.

These CDs were brought to the attention of Rob Sheridan, who stated on Twitter that the five-track CD "appears to be one of the ones I made (printing out on a home printer on cut-out CD insert template paper) that we sent out to record industry people and potential collaborators." When asked on Patreon about the "new" outtakes, he stated, "I should probably not comment any further on that one, it's really not my place to talk about unreleased NIN stuff."

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    2) If these tracks, along with The Idea Of You, did indeed date back to the With Teeth era and whether they are real?

(Excerpt from ninwiki With Teeth article):

Possible pre-release CDs

In January 2020, two separate CDs (marked as being from late 2004) surfaced that purported to contain songs from With Teethin various states of completion, as well as outtakes that had not previously been mentioned. There were two different CDs: one with five tracks that were all released on the final album in some form, and a double CD containing all of the album tracks (some finished, some in demo form) and several demoed outtakes on disc two. The previously unknown outtakes were named "Cover It Up", "Good Day", and "The End". "Cover It Up" was also reported to be an early version of "The Idea Of You". The five-track CD was sold by Amoeba Records on eBay, and images of the double CD showed up on imgur. No content from either CD has been shared. Tracks claiming to be from the five-track CD were posted to archive.org the same month as the eBay sale, but were found to be elaborate fakes.
    It should be pretty well-established that the pre-release CDs were real, even though we haven't heard any legitimate audio from them. The first one that was brought to wide public attention was the eBay auction from Amoeba Records. Then a dude on the Nine Inch Nails Collectors Facebook group was like 'yo I've got one of those' and his had a more complete track listing, with largely the same artwork. This would have been more suspicious if you hadn't looked through his profile, and seen that he had a photo of his collection from years earlier, featuring that CD. I can tell you with 100% confidence that pre-release With Teeth CDs we saw were real, and there's no reason that dude would lie about what he heard on the CD he had. Probably should have kept a lower profile, but everyone underestimates the deleterious effects of NIN fan attention until they're the focus of it.''

I was kinda bummed when I finally came to the conclusion on my own that the audio on Archive.org wasn't legit (even though this had been debated and settled before I started tilting at windmills) - I had actually whipped up a pretty sweet digipak based on the artwork and was planning an Uncoiled-like physical component that, somewhat comically, would have been higher quality than the print-at-home promo CD saw on eBay.

As for the schizophreniasdiary stuff... Trent's pretty famously reticent to talk about lyrics. This is also, potentially, a publishing rights landmine. I think that in the case of this topic, *adjusts spectacles* you just want something you can never have.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    “Att”

That answers a question I didn’t know I had

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    1) schizophreniasdiary - https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...hp/t-4827.html

— which seems to have been removed from ninwiki, @piggy?
    I'm not sure what you mean. Was there ever more about it on the wiki than the following blurb that we have?
    https://www.nin.wiki/Not_The_Actual_...reniasdiary.22

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. Was there ever more about it on the wiki than the following blurb that we have?
    https://www.nin.wiki/Not_The_Actual_...reniasdiary.22
    My bad. I thought when the “The Trilogy” page was made that the individual NTAE was removed. Yeah, that’s what I was referring to.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    “Att”

Does that mean we can start calling him that now instead of AR?

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I think that in the case of this topic, *adjusts spectacles* you just want something you can never have.
    It was worth asking just to see you write that line, lol.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Holy shit. Trez just popped in the channel bada bing bada boom @tricil going backstage.
    best moment of my life!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    best moment of my life!
    How'd it go? Can you tell us anything about your experience?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    “Att”

Except for when Trent's feeling playful, then it's "Icus".
    And, as for us now calling him "Att", I feel that has the same vibe as a toddler calling their father by his first name.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    best moment of my life!
    Congrats!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    SO, something amazing happened to me. Since today is Trent BD, I decided to leave him a message in his DM's. Didn't think too much of it. Short and sweet thanking him for 30 years of his music and how it's helped my PTSD and other mental health. And I thought it was going be just that

He actually DM'ed back thanking me

Between meeting Jerry Cantrell and now Trent Reznor messaging me, thanking me for the birthday wishes, I can now say that this month has been the happiest year of my life
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 05-17-2022 at 04:55 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Posted this in the Happy Birthday TR channel and Atticus seems to have gotten a kick out of it.

Giant cake 2.jpg

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    SO, something amazing happened to me. Since today is Trent BD, I decided to leave him a message in his DM's. Didn't think too much of it. Short and sweet thanking him for 20 years of his music and how it's helped my PTSD and other mental health. And I thought it was going be just that

He actually DM'ed back thanking me

Between meeting Jerry Cantrell and now Trent Reznor messaging me, thanking me for the birthday wishes, I can now say that this month has been the happiest year of my life
    Wow I'm surprised his DMs are even on.

Don't abuse it folks!

Nicely done though @Dryalex12

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Wow I'm surprised his DMs are even on.

Don't abuse it folks!

Nicely done though @Dryalex12
    Me too! It was a short and Sweet response from him too. "Thanks so much - very appreciated." was his exact words.

Blown away.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Posted this in the Happy Birthday TR channel and Atticus seems to have gotten a kick out of it.

Giant cake 2.jpg
    Today. Was. THE WEIRDEST FUCKING DAY.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    That was a funny time in the discord today. Atticus knows how to party

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    You guys will appreciate this. Today's Question of the Day was: What is something everyone seems to like that you can't stand? Trent's response, and the follow-up:

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 6.21.43 PM.png

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I'm glad Trent seems to be enjoying himself in the Discord, and things have calmed down to where I can pop in on break at work or something and join in a conversation for a few minutes. I still prefer the pace (and after-the-fact readability) of a forum but it's still better than Facebook or Twitter in terms of actual discussions and content so I'll take it!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Yay Everything love! I’m sure trying to convince the now almost decade-old music video to be released is a lost cause, but getting it into set lists might not be!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Yay Everything love! I’m sure trying to convince the now almost decade-old music video to be released is a lost cause, but getting it into set lists might not be!
    Would love to hear how they'd incorporate it live! Robin providing backing vocals for harmony during the second verse would be so cool.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I skipped it every time when the album came out but I've come around on it lately. Good song. I would love to see the video even though I know the chances of that are nil.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Would love to hear how they'd incorporate it live! Robin providing backing vocals for harmony during the second verse would be so cool.
    I'm always a big fan of Robin's hit-EVERY-note-and-you'll-eventually-hit-the-RIGHT-note approach to vocals.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    the now almost decade-old music
    shhhh. noooo there’s no way that didn’t happen a few years ago.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    time reset itself on the revelation of the clips being found recently so yeah, only a couple years ago.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    For a long time we thought 'The Perfect Drug' & 'And All That Could Have Been" being played live was a lost cause too.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    hello fellow ets-ers. i need a favor from you. could you kindly take it upon yourselves to post discord summaries here in this thread? i’m happy to give shout outs on the hotline to anyone who supplies them. We’d like to keep a record of any significant band posts.

i’ve been meaning to do it myself but i’m a bit swamped as i volunteer for several activities and all of them are coming to a head this weekend. It would really help to have the people who are using discord keep track. otherwise i have to dig thru it which i’m getting better at but i haven’t had too much opportunity to do it since last week. thank you to anyone who wants to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    hello fellow ets-ers. i need a favor from you. could you kindly take it upon yourselves to post discord summaries here in this thread? i’m happy to give shout outs on the hotline to anyone who supplies them. We’d like to keep a record of any significant band posts.

i’ve been meaning to do it myself but i’m a bit swamped as i volunteer for several activities and all of them are coming to a head this weekend. It would really help to have the people who are using discord keep track. otherwise i have to dig thru it which i’m getting better at but i haven’t had too much opportunity to do it since last week. thank you to anyone who wants to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i wanted to start doing this but most of the time the search just doesn’t work, it’s very annoying