Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trent leaves shithole website; Professional troll pays $44B to respond with sick burn

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    It's weird seeing all these people defending every thing Musk does, licking his boots, and insisting he's the smartest man in the world, as he makes some of the objectively worst management decisions I've ever seen, and pisses away his $44B purchase.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    It's weird seeing all these people defending every thing Musk does, licking his boots, and insisting he's the smartest man in the world, as he makes some of the objectively worst management decisions I've ever seen, and pisses away his $44B purchase.
    It's just the cult of personality. Same with Trumpy. People like him because he's a vapid dickhead. They think that's something to aspire to be.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    For those people they see that this guy is right because he has the money, the success and is the loudest voice in the room. He could shit in an ice cream cone and people would praise him. Shit is annoying as hell.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 11-21-2022 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    nothing lasts forever. certainly not any space where we can find reznor. i feel like i should mention he made no posts about quitting twitter. he was asked about it in an interview and this is what happens. the whole thing is rather over the top.

i did like his twitter but mostly for his likes. there were funny and cool and endearing stuff in there. it was really the only place you could see him “liking” anything.
    Random TR Tweet--his post about recommending we watch Raid: Redemption turned me on to that amazing movie. I just recall the image of the Mad Dog fight Trent posted. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Trent’s account is showing as suspended now? lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Trent’s account is showing as suspended now? lol
    so there are two Trent Reznor accounts that are making the rounds.

Official: https://twitter.com/trent_reznor

Suspended: https://twitter.com/trentreznor

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Now will they delete the nineinchnails account? Should they?

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    I feel like he always had a strong love/hate relationship with social anything. He seems really eager to share and engage, but after a short while he remembers that interactions come inevitably with a lot of bullshit and he just vanishes until the next time. Whenever he shows up somewhere he feels very enthusiastic, but that enthusiasm wanes fast. I'm not surprised by his reaction, it feels less like a sudden ragequit and more like an "oh well I didn't really give a fuck anyway".

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'm glad Trent got out. He doesn't need it.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yikes! I'm not a Twitter user, but reading through the comment thread below Musk's dumb tweet I can see why TR would want to bail, if it's any indicator of the general tenor of discourse over there. Jeez.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    nothing lasts forever. certainly not any space where we can find reznor. i feel like i should mention he made no posts about quitting twitter. he was asked about it in an interview and this is what happens. the whole thing is rather over the top.

i did like his twitter but mostly for his likes. there were funny and cool and endearing stuff in there. it was really the only place you could see him “liking” anything.
    You can in IG, but I don't think you can stalk his likes there, just need to stumble upon them.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I had a look at the tweets under that Musk comment and far more than I expected were defending Trent

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Doesn't seem like a ragequit to me. He barely used his account to post and basically all of his retweets were of NIN account posts. I'm sure the harassment prior to his first deactivation is still somewhat fresh and probably makes the decision an easy one.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Whomever moved my post to a new thread, thanks!

As I'm sure someone has already pointed out, TR was asked a question about it at a movie premiere and gave a simple answer. If you read what he said, it seemed to be more about his mental health and how in general, social media brings out the worst in society. His comment about Musk seemed to be secondary, but of course, media will take that quote and run with it for clicks. The fact that Twitter seems to be crumbling as there is a mass exodus of employees leaving, and Musk feels the need to respond to something like this says all you need to know. It's really obvious why he bought Twitter, other than "because I can", which is that he wants to turn it into a place where the far right can roam free and say whatever they want. It seemed like for a moment, Musk was maybe starting to understand that while he can certainly do that, the flip side is that advertisers can choose to not spend their money on the platform. That is capitalism and the free market, but because he doesn't like it, it's apparently an attack on free speech. I hope Twitter tanks, and epic crash and burn would be fitting. I'm guessing that it will be a slow end though, and it will eventually just cease to be relevant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is only about two things:

1) Musk driving whatever traffic he can to Twitter. He's a huckster, first and foremost. Manufacture controversy, but just keep going to Twitter.

2) Musk is jealous that Grimes played "Still" on repeat whenever they fucked.

I look at Musk, and all I can think of is Daniel Plainview. Fuck that guy.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Elon Musk reminds me of every piece of shit boss I've ever had, and his handling of Twitter over the last few weeks has been obnoxious. The fact that a off hand comment by Trent about not wanting to use something he barely used in the first place was newsworthy enough to make the rounds and actually get a response by him is stupid.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Elon Musk reminds me of every piece of shit boss I've ever had, and his handling of Twitter over the last few weeks has been obnoxious.
    AND hilarious. God I love seeing those narcissistic tits play 4D chess in public, really does a lot of good to my self-esteem and impostor syndrome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I had a look at the tweets under that Musk comment and far more than I expected were defending Trent
    The tide must have shifted, because soon after Elon's initial tweets were thousands of bootlickers going "lol never heard of him".

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    It's just the cult of personality. Same with Trumpy. People like him because he's a vapid dickhead. They think that's something to aspire to be.
    I thought he was cool...elon, i mean, because i thought he was gonna advance society...you know, get us to mars and such.
    He says and does some annoying shit, but hey, so did Mozart.

I assumed he was doing the twatter thing to make MONEY, for such endeavors, but now, i'm not sure WHat the fuck he's doing.

and then, i saw this little doc from a creator who SERIOUSLY does his research, and it made me sad.

Last edited by elevenism; 11-22-2022 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Twitter has always been shit, even before Elon Musk. Elon Musk has pretty much just made it cool to hate it. And no, I don't say that to defend Elon Musk.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Elon Musk : The Fragile.
    Twitter : Somewhat Damaged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Elon Musk calling Trent a crybaby like its news....as if Pretty Hate Machine was never released.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

There are more tiers to this than on my wedding cake.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    tbh I don't think TR cares whether you like his music or not tbh.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    elon musk : The fragile.
    Twitter : Broken
    ftfy.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Broken, bruised, my ego's sore
    Too bankrupt to care any more

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Trent laments Twitter’s impact on his mental health. Elon responds by calling him a “cry baby”.

Elon’s a cunt lacking in empathy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Trent laments Twitter’s impact on his mental health. Elon responds by calling him a “cry baby”.

Elon’s a cunt lacking in empathy.
    Elon proved Trent's point for him. Musk is looking more and more like Trump every day (publicly firing employees on Twitter, being a terrible leader, attacking anyone who disagrees with him, running his companies into the ground and toward bankruptcy...), which might explain why he's somehow become a champion for right-wingers recently.